Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
5 members and 42 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Tactical Vests
Weaponeer Forums : Tactical Gear

Posted in Tactical Gear
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

A few of my Tactical Vests

Funny x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Funny x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:25pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

unlike the other vests above, this vest is MOLLE.

Funny x 1

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 07 2009 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

This is a tactical Belt.  It's setup more like LBE, and can be worn alone (this one is setup for 12 ga shotgun), or it can be worn with the vest above.

Agree x 1Funny x 1

Inabadhood

2LT
2LT

Posted: September 08 2009 at 10:31am | IP Logged Quote Inabadhood

I think a lot of people just don't understand how easy it is to get themselves a NICE vest or armor setup - and it DEFINITELY won't break the bank if you buy it slowly in pieces over time!

$80 here...  $100 there...  $35 here...  $10 there...  Basically, just buy the vest / armor carrier of your choice (weighing the pros & cons of each design versus cost for a good decision), and then slowly build it up over time!

First thing you're going to want to buy is the carrier, then a few pouches...  Then maybe an armor plate...   Perhaps then some more pouches...  Then maybe a back plate...  And later some more pouches.  As you acquire more pouches over time, you can move them around all over until you've found a custom setup that works out GREAT for you!

By attending something like a Build Party as we did this weekend, you can see the armor or load carrying gear other people have - how they've configured it, and you might see some possible ways to rearrange your pouches and other gear to increase your functional versatility!

View Inabadhood's Profile Search for other posts by Inabadhood

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 08 2009 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I'm surprised nobody else posted anything
Disagree x 1

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 08 2009 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

I need a day to just take pics for the site, including gear, C&R's, etc...

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 08 2009 at 12:07pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

blurrededge wrote:
I need a day to just take pics for the site, including gear, C&R's, etc...

How about Tuesday...  

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 08 2009 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

I'm at work right now , security is so booring. And then I go to work after this at UPS. So, like yesterday, I'm working about 14 hours straight with no real break inbetween. I'm thankful to have a job, let alone two. Just wish it was more than sitting around most of the time.

Inabadhood

2LT
2LT

Posted: December 14 2009 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote Inabadhood

I'm in the process of building a dedicated AK-47 rig out of USGI Surplus Alice gear, and a bunch of other stuff...

As for my AR-15 rig, I've just got my older CIRAS vest & plate setup.

I also have a Blackhawk Commando Recon chest rig setup, but that's currently being reconfigured for my wife's bug-out / SHTF ammo & gear carrier. That's the woodland camo part on the shelf just behind the ciras.

However, she's such a TINY woman the whole thing can wrap completely around her!  The 'Sides' meet up right in the middle of her back when she's wearing it around her waist! 

All except the 'admin pouch' area a little higher up - that sort of bulges out pretty far! 

View Inabadhood's Profile Search for other posts by Inabadhood

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 04 2010 at 10:49pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nobody else has vests or updated gear?

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 04 2010 at 11:00pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I'll be posting product reviews this summer on one or more tactical vests.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 04 2010 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

here is my current rig

Funny x 1

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: January 18 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

How do those open top pouches work with AK mags? I've been looking at These: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/hsgi-tacomodularsinglerifle magazinepouch.aspx

but US PALM has some nice dedicated ak pouches: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/uspalmakmagazinepouchshingl e.aspx

or the dedicated chest rig: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/uspalmakar-akattackrack.asp x

I was also considering this for the AR: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/blueforce10-speedbasicldche strigm4.aspx

or for modular maybe these: http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-MOTS&cat=17
They're offset vertically, which I like. One thing I always hated was trying to get the rear mag out of a double mag pouch. Even with the magpul (or 550 cord and duct tape) it could have been easier.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 18 2011 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Good timing on the questions...  I had questions about Vests today on the Weaponeer YouTube Channel (I get a lot of questions due to all the review videos).

I currently have around 4 or 5 Vests with one from the IDF on the way for a review next month along with a bunch of Holsters. so right now my mind is focused on Vests..

Now I have not reviewed any of the items you are asking about, but I'm familiar with the types.

The HSGI-"TACO" Modular Single Rifle Magazine Pouch is a very good design because it can be used for a lot of mag's, radios, smoke or anything else.  now what I really like about them is the fact that they have the adjustable tension draw string, so it can be as tight as you want.

This is a good design for holding a number of items, or mags of all types.

The US PALM AKAR - AK Attack Rack is a well done light attack vest, and while I wish they would add padding to the back of the vest, and more padding to the shoulders, it's one of the best designed of this type I have seen.

The BLUE FORCE 10-SPEED BASIC LD CHEST RIG M4 design is not worth buying (just as well use the AK vest for the M4 as well).  this vest was not very well designed in just about every way. I would not recommend it.

The Modular Open Top Magazine Pouch, is not bad at all, in fact I use something like that (holds more mags) for a chest rig as well as a drop leg 6 pack. the design works well.

The US Palm AK Magazine Pouch Shingle  is fine as well, but for the AK I like a light attack vest better (such as the AK Attack Rack)

Disagree x 1

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: September 21 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

This is my old belt order that I was issued with, I since passed it on to my son, as I have just got an Arktis NL rig.

This is my new rig.

View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

<< Prev Topic Tactical Gear Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version