Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 27 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 28

We have 1 member(s), 5 spiders, 27 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
lycoris

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (52):

1871-88 Dutch Beaumont
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 09 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Guys,

I am looking for parts for a Dutch Beaumont. Chiefly I am looking for the bolt, but also need a rear sling swivel and buttplate (both items with screws).

Sarco has bolts for $200. Numrich is plum out of parts. Any other ideas?

Yep... 1875.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View midmichigun's Profile Search for other posts by midmichigun

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: January 09 2010 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: January 09 2010 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

dcorb wrote:

http://www.sarcoinc.com/dutchbeaumont.html

oops, you said that

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: January 09 2010 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

found this comment:

Yes, mine had the butt still attached, the entire fore-end portin was broken, rotted, and/or missing.I kept the 6" or so butt section just cause I think the wood is a dark maple or similar, so I may use it to make grips or something.I had to track down a whole new (original) stock (got it off ebay I think).For the bolt, I got about 1/3 of the parts from Numrich's, 1/3 of the parts from Sarco, and the rest from Ebay and Gunbroker.There was a complete bolt on ebay at the time, but the guy wanted $275, and I built mine for like $150, so....
FWIW, this bolt is no easier to re-assemble than any other Mauser bolt I've had the dis-pleasure of putting back together, meaning it was 2-3 hours of pain, struggling and cursing! It will be a cold day in he** before I disassemble the bolt on any of my Mauser's just for cleaning, that's for sure....

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 19 2010 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Took me about two years to find a bolt head. That's part of the fun . Let me know if you need a pic of one for gunshow box digging.
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 05 2010 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Biker,
Yes, please post a picture of the bolthead/ bolt. I have a bolt inbound that is missing the head. I would appreciate ANY assistance!

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 06 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Guys,
Got my partial bolt in! What am I missing?

Here is another view!

What is the bolt/ screw size that is missing? I will probably make one to fit... just need a place to start.

Next up is to:
1. complete bolt.
2. buttplate+ screws
3. cleaning rod/ sling

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:08am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Hmm, You have a bolthead but it's different than mine. Can you remove it from the bolt and take another pic?
The screw is:

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:14am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Oops thread dia. is .227"
And don't use those Lego's to make any gun parts
Here are the buttplate screws:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=867710&C atID=2053&mySort=1

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 08 2010 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Biker,
Thanks on the dwg. This will help alot. I found that the threads were tapped for a M6 (metric) thread. I procured a metric bolt for material, but now can finish with your dimensioned dwg. I will check the thread specs on an M6 to see if it matches your number... just for curiosity. These things have really been around the block haven't they!!! This bolt body may have been retapped.
What do you think of the bolt head? It would appear that there are two small screws(?) attaching another part of the bolt that is now missing? I looked through Numrich for a schematic, but didn't see one. This would have helped me out to describe what I am missing!
As to the Legos... I think people look at the background of a photo... more than that of the gun!
Biker, how much of your gun is blued? Various pics show various blue patterns. This gun looked like the magazine and triggerguard, barrel band and endcap were blued. But photos on the 'net show some that were highly polished.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Mine is painted black enamel like some enfields . Been super busy lately but am trying to get more of my C&R's posted, when I get to it I will post more detailed pics here .

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 12 2010 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Biker,
Thanks for your help. I actually missed your original question on the bolt head... so here go some pics. Please note (for whatever its worth) the head matches the body. Both are numer "113" and have the same "cartouche" on them.

I will now attempt a "360" of the bolt head:

I have a few more photos I could post if you need them... let me know why yours is different! Is there a difference on the "regular" 1871 model vs. '71/88?

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 12 2010 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Biker,
I have ID'd the shape of the part that I need. But without a breakdown I don't know exactly what it is...
Anyone with a source or dimensions?

I got the above picture from a website on Beaumonts....

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 13 2010 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Biker...
Thanks to the dimensions posted, I crafted a screw out of a bolt. This is a softer grade 2, so this may only be a prototype part. I used an M6 bolt as material due to the thread match. I don't know what the true thread was supposed to be, but as mentioned, the bolt went right in.
Here is some fabbing...
First I cut the slot.

Next off was to create a holder to "hold" the bolt in the jaws of the chuck... I had another Grade 2 bolt laying around, so I tapped it.

Here is a pic of the bolt mounted in the holder...

Since the bolt was mounted in the holder, damage to the threads was not an issue. I then carved the head down to match the posted dimensions... Here it is in the rifle...

I have a partial butt plate completed... still waiting to get my hands on an original (and/ or a post of actual dimensions and clear pics)... and waiting to see if someone can post dimensions on my missing bolt part. I have some chromoly leftover for that!

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 15 2010 at 11:48pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Mine is way different , thinking maybe I got the wrong one (numrich I think). I'll pull my buttplate and post pics of both. Here is a teaser till then I stumbled on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZsA8YeHBOQ&feature=related

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 16 2010 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Biker,
Is it a Vetterli? Or Vetterli bolt? People get the Beaumont- Vitali mixed up with the "Vet". Perhaps you got "Sarco'd"!
I have been told that there is some to no difference on an 1871/88 vs. 1871 rifle bolt.
I have my question posted at several other gunsites... and will post at more. The answer must be out there!
BTW, nice teaser photo! It looks like a fun gun to shoot! While I like my other builds... there is nothing like an "old fashioned" rifle!
I have 3 barreled receivers inbound for 1871's... it should be cool to have both 1st and 2nd generation rifles on hand.

Inabadhood

2LT
2LT

Posted: February 17 2010 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote Inabadhood

Bummer!

I had a chance to pick one of these up in pretty good, functional condition at an estate sale for ridiculously cheap. I don't remember the exact price, like $75 or so...

I figured I couldn't find ammo for it and I didn't have cash on hand so I had to pass.
View Inabadhood's Profile Search for other posts by Inabadhood

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 17 2010 at 9:49pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Inabad...
Ya, I prefer NATO cals... for EOD type scenarios... but I still have a draw to these old guns!
If any of you guys get a chance... snag em... Ammo is a problem, but I am told that reloading isn't that bad... if you already reload.
There is a guy on the Gunbroker who sells the lead bullets... if you can't cast your own.
I will let you know when I get there on the reloading!

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version