Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 20 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 21

We have 1 member(s), 10 spiders, 20 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
franz20

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (42):

Browning 1919A4 Right Side Plate (NO FFL)
Weaponeer Forums : Completed group buys

Posted in Completed group buys
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 04 2010 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Browning 1919A4 Ride Side Receiver Plate with an approval letter.

This is not an FFL item (it's what is commonly termed as an 80%).

The material for this plate is 4130 and it has not been heat treated (which is normal). All these plates have some warp in them (having a slight bow to them is common for all plates).

WLA used these plates formanufacturing  production guns with .

Price $65 SHIPPED

ONLY 30 in stock.

Notice: This is $50 less then side plates USED to be sold for. with the demise of Rapid Fire there are no more cheap 1919 Plates..  these are the last.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 09 2010 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Find it in the store HERE (while you can)
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: August 14 2010 at 11:16pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Guys,

Just got mine... and yes... it is worth the little $60.00. The product shipped to me faster than I could have imagined!

I have photo'd mine for comparison to the "stock" photo listed above... I have dabbled with 1919's a bit, and was happy with the product that I received.

All denials are accounted for!

Yep... it has the warp as noted in the post! However, this should NOT present a problem for final fit and finish of the plate!

As the Boss noted, 1919 prices are skyrocketing... I grabbed one to salt away... I wish I could get a 2nd at this price!

View midmichigun's Profile Search for other posts by midmichigun

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 15 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

sometimes you can place a 2x4 under each end and stand or jump in the middle to get them straight again.

otherwise the press will do it.  the warping was common to around 80% of them to some degree.  most would straighten out just by riveting.

not bad for half price..

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 15 2010 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

midmichigun wrote:

Guys,

Just got mine... and yes... it is worth the little $60.00. The product shipped to me faster than I could have imagined!

I have photo'd mine for comparison to the "stock" photo listed above... I have dabbled with 1919's a bit, and was happy with the product that I received.

Yep... it has the warp as noted in the post! However, this should NOT present a problem for final fit and finish of the plate!

As the Boss noted, 1919 prices are skyrocketing... I grabbed one to salt away... I wish I could get a 2nd at this price!

BTW: thanks for taking the time to post the pics and post a little review.  most people don't take the time these days

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: August 15 2010 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote nacht

I would like to buy one, but I don't use credit cards.  Therefore, I must use USPS money order for the purchase.  I need to know where to send the M.O. for the purchase. 
View nacht's Profile Search for other posts by nacht

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 15 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nacht wrote:
I would like to buy one, but I don't use credit cards.  Therefore, I must use USPS money order for the purchase.  I need to know where to send the M.O. for the purchase. 

I stopped accepting money orders last year when I temporarily shut down the store.

I moved to a new county, so my bank is over an hour drive (one way). with the economy in the shape it is and few donations I just could not continue processing the money orders, because it cost me a great deal of money.  gas money (before I was driving 30 minutes one way), having to complete invoices, and with the invoices I have to have a purchase order as a cover with my bank certified check attached, plus money for the large envelope, and the postage.

Now I'm twice the distance, my ordering PC is in storage, and my income is Army Disability, and truck is nearly dead.

I reopened the store, but I had to cut out all the wasted spending (as well as time), so I now only take Credit Cards, and they are processed by the company shipping the product (NOT ME).

The Side Plates should be selling for $120 each (minimum), but they are listed at cost of material to sell it quickly.

We have 26 of them left, and when the qty drops to 10 remaining the price will go up.

There are no plans to manufacture them again.

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: August 15 2010 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote nacht

Thanks for the quick reply.  I understand the M.O. problem.  I have had to drive to two towns to cash large money orders I have received.  The little post office in this dinky town can only cash small money orders.

I do hate I am going to miss out on the side plate though. 

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 15 2010 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nacht wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I understand the M.O. problem.  I have had to drive to two towns to cash large money orders I have received.  The little post office in this dinky town can only cash small money orders.

I do hate I am going to miss out on the side plate though. 

the town I'm in is so small they don't even deliver mail. we have PO Box's..   lol

I do suggest you look around for plates pretty quick.  since Ohio Rapid Fire was shut down there is nobody making them. before Todd started selling them dirt cheap at $120, they normally sold for $200 to $299. and it's returning to that once again with the kits  basically dried up.  at that point you have to build the whole plate from scratch due to the cost.

everything is JUMPING up in price. I tried to buy a really small roll of masking tape and it was nearly $8.00 at walmart last night.  at this rate the steel just to make a plate is going to cost $400

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: August 15 2010 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote nacht

I had a thought.  You accept the money order, and mail the plate WHENEVER you make it to the post office.  I ain't exactly in a hurry to get it.  I am just gonna put it with the parts kit anyway.  lord knows when I will ever get around to building it.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 15 2010 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nacht wrote:
I had a thought.  You accept the money order, and mail the plate WHENEVER you make it to the post office.  I ain't exactly in a hurry to get it.  I am just gonna put it with the parts kit anyway.  lord knows when I will ever get around to building it.

The plates are drop shipped, so I would still have to cash the check, get a certified bank check, and mail it out.  (all out of pocket)

I would love to help out but it's just to costly for me.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 15 2010 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

down to 25 sideplates

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: August 16 2010 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote nacht

Your PM will not display.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 16 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nacht wrote:
Your PM will not display.

I'm unable to handle any money orders. I still have to travel 2 hours to get to the bank, I still need to pay for the certified check, I still need to do invoises and purchase orders, and I still need to pay for the postage.

I would love to help you out but on army disability I don't get enough money to do the MO thing anymore because that was all out of pocket.

it's just easier for people to go to walmart and purchase a pre-paid credit card with enough on it to pay for the item any tax (for those in Texas), and the 3% CC fee.

I'm not even demanding a donation.

I don't process the credit cards, and I don't ship the plates (which is why I no longer handle the money).  everything is drop shipped

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 16 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Down to 21 plates

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: August 16 2010 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote nacht

Heck, I will send you cash.  I still need a mailing address though.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 16 2010 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nacht wrote:
Heck, I will send you cash.  I still need a mailing address though.
The problem is not the cash, or the money order.

The problem is I still have to purchase the cashiers check, and postage, and do the added paperwork.

I cut out the Money orders because it cost me too much money due to paper, envelops, ink, gas money, several dollars for the cashiers checks, and a couple dollars for the for postage (I was sending a lot of them).

all of that came out of my pocket.  now my pocket is empty, so I don't provide the service anymore. (it used to be that the donations offset the expenses, but these days donations are rare and not enough to pay for doing it. so when the donations stopped so did the money order service)

Colorado1919

E-2
E-2

Posted: August 16 2010 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote Colorado1919

Do you have any plates left and what is the notch about where the topcover ends?
View Colorado1919's Profile Search for other posts by Colorado1919

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 16 2010 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Colorado1919 wrote:
Do you have any plates left and what is the notch about where the topcover ends?

yes, we still have them.

That notch marks the point where you have to remove material.

It's an 80% plate (with letter) and that part needs to be removed to fit the top cover.

without that the ATF state it's a 100%

zoom6zoom

SM
SM

Posted: August 16 2010 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote zoom6zoom

For folks without credit cards - just get yourself a Visa gift card, works just fine for online purchases.
http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html
View zoom6zoom's Profile Search for other posts by zoom6zoom

<< Prev Topic Completed group buys Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version