Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 52 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 52

We have 0 member(s), 7 spiders, 52 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (53):

vz. 52 and vz. 52/57 rifle’s
Weaponeer Forums : Weapon History

Posted in Weapon History
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:44pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The full name is: 7,62mm Samonabíjecí puška vzor 52

It fires the unique 7.62x45mm vz. 52 cartridge. It is considered both reliable and accurate, although it is longer and heavier than later assault rifles such as the vz. 58. The first 5000 vz. 52 rifles were made by Povážské strojárne Povážská Bystrica, but due to production difficulties, its manufacture was taken over by Česká Zbrojovka Uherský Brod

After pressure from the Soviet Union to adopt its 7.62x39mm M43 cartridge, existing Czech rifles were rechambered to the Soviet caliber, and all further production of the rifle was chambered in this caliber and re-designated the vz. 52/57.

The vz. 52/57 is identical except for its barrel and its magazines. It was considered less reliable and accurate than the original vz. 52 rifle, on the other hand the vz. 52/57 has chromium-plated bore and chamber. The vz. 52 magazines can be used with the vz. 52/57, but they do not feed reliably.

Artistic x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

This one with the metallic upper hand guard is the VZ-52 in 7.62x45

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:51pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

This one with the wood guard is the VZ-52/57

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

more photos

All the photos above were provided by ryche

Agree x 2

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 07 2010 at 3:31pm | IP Logged Quote ryche

Wow My wonderful wife taught (  i think ) me how to e-mail photos I sent these all by myself. I feel so empowered so liberated ..... So weird using those words. Anyway more to come...

Hey boss do these belong in the history section?  Not sure if that's where you want them.
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 07 2010 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

ryche wrote:
Wow My wonderful wife taught (  i think ) me how to e-mail photos I sent these all by myself. I feel so empowered so liberated ..... So weird using those words. Anyway more to come...

Hey boss do these belong in the history section?  Not sure if that's where you want them.
Ryche

Good point about the section.  Originally I was going to just add the Photos to the gun pics section, and then I ended up adding a bit of information about the rifles, but then forgot to move them.  lol

zoom6zoom

SM
SM

Posted: September 07 2010 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote zoom6zoom

Here's one of mine (I need some better pics). This was the only rifle ever chambered in 7.62x45. The Czechs did also have a LMG in the caliber. Ammo can be found (seems to run 45 to 50 cents a round) but it is quite corrosive.

View zoom6zoom's Profile Search for other posts by zoom6zoom

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 09 2010 at 2:16am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey corrosive just means long term storage(. I picked up 1000 rnds. at a good price) just for that rifle.  I like having the 52/57 because its in 7.62x39. The accuracy isn't bad, i can roll 2 liter bottles all day long at 100 yards.  Yours looks to be in nicer shape than my Vz-52. Find some ammo and go play.
Ryche.
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

<< Prev Topic Weapon History Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version