Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 24 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 25

We have 1 member(s), 7 spiders, 24 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
MAC251

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (48):

ZB37 Semi Conversion
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 20 2010 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

A Weaponeer Exclusive !!  

ATF Approved ZB37 Belt Fed Conversion to Semi-Auto.

The Czech ZB37 is an 8mm mauser belt fed heavy MG with two rates of fire and was used in WWII by the German's as the MG 37(t), and after the war it was used by israel, greece and many other countries.

This semi auto conversion is a striker drive system designed and Manufactured by Wise Lite Arms and will work with the Old Demilled parts kits as well as the new parts kits being sold by center fire systems .

This is not like an AR15 or AK build, this is an advanced build with an expected build time of 120 to 150 hr build time (more or less depending on skill)

All nessesary machined parts, bearings, springs and drawings nessesary to make the modifications are included, but you will still be required to machine the following parts in your kit:

1. Bolt
  2. Bolt Carrier
  3. barrel/shroud to open up some gas ports

Keep in mind some fitting may be required for the semi-auto parts to fit your receiver due to WWII manufacturing tolerances (we use CNC, but they didn't)

You use the following to set the dimension's on the build.

1. Tripod
  2. Top Cover
  3. Barrel

That will set the point you need to make your own welding jig.

Note: this kit does not include the receiver, receiver welding, modified bolt, bolt carrier, topcover, parts kit or barrel etc. those parts from your kit will need to be modified as part of your build.

ZB 37 Receiver Parts Included:

All semi auto, blocking rails and dimensional drawings included.

Top Cover Parts Included:

All machined parts and hardware and dimensional drawings.

Fire Control Group Parts Included:

Fire control group, modifications.

Bolt and bolt carrier dimensional drawings for semi auto modifications, Firing pin etc

Charging handle , with two position BREN handle. Included machine parts,hardwere and locating instructions.

(the ZB37 semi does not allow the handles to be used to charge the weapon as originally intended but it has been modified as required by the ATF to have a new system to cock the weapon which works very well, looks good, and does not allow the installation of unmodified full auto parts as required)

Materials used:

Parts are all made of 4130/4140 materials.

When you are finished you will have fully functional, and legal to own semi-auto ZB 37.

Copy of approval letter included.

Taking orders for late December delivery (before X Mas).

Price: $ 750.00

Photos below show what your receiver will look like once you have welded it into a semi-auto

Top cover mods

semi-auto parts installed into the grip assembly

new charging handle

Photo above shows all the parts in the kit other than all the blocking rails.

The above photo shows what the ZB37 semi-auto looks like just prior to bluing.

please ask questions if you are interested.

Agree x 6Disagree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

MauserMatt

MSG
MSG

Posted: November 20 2010 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote MauserMatt

Hey Gary,

These conversions will work with the "new" offering of kits from Centerfire Systems?

Also, is this going to be a one time thing? Or will this be a regular offering? Reason I ask is I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and wouldn't be able to ship anything to WLA or receive it from my FFL til I get home next year..

Last question, is there a source for barrels somewhere?

Thanks!!
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Fishpaw

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 20 2010 at 9:01pm | IP Logged Quote Fishpaw

If this is good for the centerfire systems kits, where do I sign up? Also, any options for barrels, either new or surplus?
View Fishpaw's Profile Search for other posts by Fishpaw

jbaum

Private
Private

Posted: November 20 2010 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote jbaum

For those with an interest, I have a 16 page manual for the ZB-37

Agree x 4

Swiss

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 20 2010 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Swiss

If the centerfire kit will work, I'm in. Just let me know when and where to send the kit and the money.

I'll need a barrel,though. Any word on decent barrels?
View Swiss's Profile Search for other posts by Swiss

slowfinger

MSG
MSG

Posted: November 20 2010 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote slowfinger

Yes, I would be in for it if I can use a centerfiresystem parts kit. Geo.
View slowfinger's Profile Search for other posts by slowfinger

Nodak

MSG
MSG

Posted: November 20 2010 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote Nodak

SWEET. I've had my ZB-37 since I purchased it through a group buy here probably 5 or so years ago.
The only thing I'm missing is the gas regulator. I wonder if I can find one of those.
Any idea how much work on the user end is required???
View Nodak's Profile Search for other posts by Nodak

ajmdreammg42

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 20 2010 at 10:25pm | IP Logged Quote ajmdreammg42

I have 2 centerfire kits, If you accept those as this offering I will take 2. Have 2 barrels with the fin type shroud,  the centerfire kits came with solid barrels shrouds, it should not make a difference correct ? Also would it be possiable to offer the build at a lower price if you would weld up the receiver (w/mods) and leave the welds unground ? SOME of us are ANAL about our weld joints and I would like to finish this myself.
View ajmdreammg42's Profile Search for other posts by ajmdreammg42

ajmdreammg42

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 20 2010 at 10:29pm | IP Logged Quote ajmdreammg42

Hey can any body email a picture of all the parts in these kits ? The ZB37 seems like a armour's nightmare and I want to make sure I received all the parts with my kits. You can email direct at ajmdreammg42@yahoo.com

I will also be looking for new/replacement wood handles for the ZB37, apparently centerfire did not wrap them up good and they got pretty beat up. I was also thinking that since there is going to be a bren handle sticking out of the lh side why not make a new wood handle for that also ? Make it similiar to the original handles. anybody know where we could get new ones made ?

THANKS
                            Allan

1916holton

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: November 21 2010 at 12:21am | IP Logged Quote 1916holton

Hmmm, I may have to jump in on this buy

nlander

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 21 2010 at 2:36am | IP Logged Quote nlander

Interested. Bren handle......?
View nlander's Profile Search for other posts by nlander

ajmdreammg42

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 21 2010 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote ajmdreammg42

Anybody that wants a kit they are going fast, as of last Wedsday out of 200 kits they had they allready sold 80, I do not know of a good barrel source for these

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 21 2010 at 10:59am | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

Gary, These are a great deal. I was too anxious to get mine done and had WLA build mine for me. I believe that the one you have pictured is the one they built for me. Here are some more pictures to help get everyone motivated.
CaptMax

View CaptMax's Profile Search for other posts by CaptMax

1916holton

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: November 21 2010 at 12:03pm | IP Logged Quote 1916holton

Ok Gary, I'm in as long as there is a source for barrels and if these kits will work with the kits currently being offered by centerfire. I think many of us are posing these questions. Without a barrel the kit doesn't do any good, preferably two, one to have as a spare.

Waiting for your response

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 21 2010 at 1:44pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nlander wrote:
Interested. Bren handle......?

used for cocking the weapon.  the spads could not be used like the original because the parts are too weak when they are modified for semi only (per ATF), so it was changed to a cocking handle and it actually works better than the original.

Disagree x 1

sts440

Level 1 Site Sponsor
Level 1 Site Sponsor

Posted: November 21 2010 at 1:45pm | IP Logged Quote sts440

The price sounds great, so I'm interested.  I even managed to find a finned ZB-37 shroud for sale...hopefully it'll be an easy replacement for the CFS kit solid shroud that I got.

If anyone has a line on barrels, I'm in!  CFS really took de-mil to new levels--not only is the hole drilled at one end, they weled in a pin to the chamber then ran a longitudinal milled cut through the chamber and about 1/3 the way up the barrel
View sts440's Profile Search for other posts by sts440 Visit sts440's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 21 2010 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I should have answers to the questions in a couple days.  thats when I'll put a link to ordering.
Agree x 1Disagree x 1

hill

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 21 2010 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote hill

Ditto on the barrels...........Who has em??

nlander

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 21 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote nlander

ajmdreammg42 wrote:

Hey can any body email a picture of all the parts in these kits?

Here's a pic of one of the older kits that have long sense vanished.

View nlander's Profile Search for other posts by nlander

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 21 2010 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

ok, here is some quick answers to some of the questions.

1. It Sounds like the Center Fire Systems Kits will work just fine.

2. We are working on the barrel issue and that does not sound like much of a problem.

I'll try to get some details on the kits and what all it includes, and what needs to be done.

once I have that information I will post the buy, and it will be first come first serve.

Agree x 1Disagree x 1

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version