Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 34 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

ZB37 Semi Conversion
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  nlander

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 23 2010 at 3:15am | IP Logged Quote nlander

bikergunnut
 I still haven't found a picture placing where the mount came from in the Centerfire kits. [/QUOTE wrote:

Looks like bunker mounts.

Looks like bunker mounts.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View nlander's Profile Search for other posts by nlander

ajmdreammg42

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 23 2010 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote ajmdreammg42

Did a little research on the besa and they were in 8mm too ! surprised that the Limmy's kept that caliber !!! After all it was a HUN caliber ! tried to order 2 barrels threw long mountain and found error on check out, will call them this morning. Should I do it ? I have 2 kits with 2 good finned shrouded barrels and if I get 2 more barrels should I order 2 more kits ?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View ajmdreammg42's Profile Search for other posts by ajmdreammg42

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 23 2010 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

This is what I always considered the bunker mount, I'm sure there was more than one variety of them.
CaptMax

View CaptMax's Profile Search for other posts by CaptMax

Swiss

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 23 2010 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote Swiss

Royal Tiger Imports has the finned barrel jackets for $99.00 and the 250 round belts for $19.95. Belt and cans are also available.
View Swiss's Profile Search for other posts by Swiss

Mastiff

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 23 2010 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote Mastiff

bikergunnut wrote:

I found 28 barrels, act fast

http://www.longmountain.com/store/gun-parts/?productid=1430& amp; amp;continueShoppingPage=%2Fstore%2Fgun-parts%2F

Long Mountain now shows these on back-order.
I'm glad I ordered mine yesterday, it shipped today.
View Mastiff's Profile Search for other posts by Mastiff

hill

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 23 2010 at 11:01pm | IP Logged Quote hill

With regard to welding back together a de-milled zb37 receiver. The scrap receiver sections would have to be aligned relative to the receivers axial centerline (With referance to the bolt passage), right. Then there is the issue of varying levels of hardness going from welded joints to non-welded sections of the receiver. Also at issue the welds themselves. Internal weld bubbles, voids, weld bead edge cracking, ect. Is the receiver on the zb37 non critical? Meaning there is no real stress on the receiver and perfect aliagnment and hardness are unimportant. Or do you need to be a master welder, Alignment and hardness guru. I am only asking because the weapon looks like a fun project. However i have always be under the impression that rewelded de-milled scrap receivers were to be used on nonfiring display weapons. I'm a good welder but not sure every weld i've done would pass an x-ray test. I've built a few rifles like the m14 and m1 carbine. These builds have included chamber reaming and headspacing. They all turned out well and are safe to shoot. Anyone have an opinion on the safety and reliability of a home built zb37 with a rewelded receiver?   At this point i am unsure if this proceedure is a good idea or not. I think i could build it and make it work but will it stay together and not blow my head off. Wouldn't the right way to build a receiver like this one be to make the receiver all one piece in the first place like they did when these were made new. I hope this build is safe because it looks like a fun winter project.
                Thanx, Hill........

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 24 2010 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

Swiss wrote:
Royal Tiger Imports has the finned barrel jackets for $99.00 and the 250 round belts for $19.95. Belt and cans are also available.

Swiss, Do you have a link for these belts? I couldn't find them on their website.   And are their ammo cans for the 308 or 8mm?
CaptMax
PS. Gary I am looking forward to that photo of the five of them all finished up.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2010 at 12:25am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The Store link to purchase them is as follows

http://www.weaponeer.net/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduc t=325

Sorry, Credit Cards only

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

Mastiff

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 24 2010 at 12:49am | IP Logged Quote Mastiff

Here is a site that has pictures of the fortification ZB-37 model that CFS is selling. They also have a downloadable PDF of a Waffen SS manual on the ZB-37.     

Too bad I don't read German.

http://en.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/17115/start/0
View Mastiff's Profile Search for other posts by Mastiff

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2010 at 1:28am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Mastiff wrote:
Here is a site that has pictures of the fortification ZB-37 model that CFS is selling. They also have a downloadable PDF of a Waffen SS manual on the ZB-37.     

Too bad I don't read German.

http://en.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/17115/start/0

Great resource and photos. (you can tell it's great because they reference weaponeer.net..  )

The PDF is from Orin (didn't know he had it), but with a little work it could be translated online.

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

nlander

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 24 2010 at 1:39am | IP Logged Quote nlander

Sense this is only semi conversion parts and drawings/instructions for machining are any parts required to be sent in for conversion/machining?
What specific parts need to be modified which are not included in the conversion kit (besides the receiver) that require machining?
View nlander's Profile Search for other posts by nlander

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2010 at 2:25am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

nlander wrote:
Sense this is only semi conversion parts and drawings/instructions for machining are any parts required to be sent in for conversion/machining?
What specific parts need to be modified which are not included in the conversion kit (besides the receiver) that require machining?

No parts need to be sent in.  you still need to weld the receiver, and if you don't have a barrel, you will need one of those.

the other parts are covered in the first post, but it's bolt and bolt carrier need to be machined if I remember correctly, plus some minor fitting of parts, and I think you need to open the gas port on the barrel a little.

I have a ZB37, but no money for a kit...   lol

Swiss

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 24 2010 at 6:46am | IP Logged Quote Swiss

Here is the barrel jacket:

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/index.php?page=shop.product _details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=206&category_id=27&v mcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Steve ran back to the warehouse and took a look for me to make sure it was like the photo. It was. I guess that Dewat meant removing the barrel.

Just in case you want to be sure, my tracking page shows a Dec. 1 delivery. I'll post it as soon as it arrives...if you want to wait.

I just decided to take the chance.
View Swiss's Profile Search for other posts by Swiss

sts440

Level 1 Site Sponsor
Level 1 Site Sponsor

Posted: November 24 2010 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote sts440

ajmdreammg42 wrote:
OK call me stupid but long mountain has them listed as BESA barrels, are they the same, they look like they are.

Looks like LMO is back-ordered on the barrels
View sts440's Profile Search for other posts by sts440 Visit sts440's Homepage

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 26 2010 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

I'm interested to know if anyone receives their kit and it has waffenamt markings anywhere? My kit has the "chicken" stamp in a couple places, most often I have seen them on the bolts but they can be anywhere on the parts. Here is what I am referring to.
CaptMax

Fishpaw

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 26 2010 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Fishpaw

Ive found a few little birdie stamps on my parts kit too....Will post pics too
View Fishpaw's Profile Search for other posts by Fishpaw

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 27 2010 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

Fishpaw wrote:

Fishpaw, Was this a CFS kit?
CaptMax

Fishpaw

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 27 2010 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote Fishpaw

CaptMax wrote:

Fishpaw wrote:
<br><br>Fishpaw, Was this a CFS kit?<br>CaptMax<br><div style="display: none; visibility: ; opacity: 0;" id="lb"><div style="display: none;" id="lbCenter"><div id="lbImage"><div style="display: none;" id="lbBottomContainer"><div id="lbBottom"><div id="lbCaption"><div id="lbNumber"><div style="clear: both;">

Yep...My kit is from Centerfire and so far ive found at least one German bird stamp. Im looking for more. Will post a pic soon.
View Fishpaw's Profile Search for other posts by Fishpaw

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 29 2010 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

My centerfire kit has one birdie so far, haven't cleaned it up much.

My LMO barrel didn't have the little square at the back of the breach.

Sarco has barrels, called this morning and they are $250,she didn't know how many they had:

http://www.sarcoinc.com/vz37besa.html

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 29 2010 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The ZB37 semi-auto conversion kits have been selling pretty good at $750. So far 6 kits have been sold.

Shipping is still slated as before Christmas.

Once again the link to purchase is here

http://www.weaponeer.net/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduc t=325&idcategory=

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version