Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 47 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 47

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 47 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (45):

ZB37 Semi Conversion
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 29 2010 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Nodak wrote:
SWEET. I've had my ZB-37 since I purchased it through a group buy here probably 5 or so years ago.
The only thing I'm missing is the gas regulator. I wonder if I can find one of those.
Any idea how much work on the user end is required???

Try here:

http://www.sarcoinc.com/vz37besa.html

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

Nodak

MSG
MSG

Posted: November 29 2010 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote Nodak

bikergunnut wrote:

Nodak wrote:
SWEET. I've had my ZB-37 since I purchased it through a group buy here probably 5 or so years ago. <BR>The only thing I'm missing is the gas regulator. I wonder if I can find one of those. <BR>Any idea how much work on the user end is required???

Try here:

http://www.sarcoinc.com/vz37besa.html

Thanks... They do have one. I hadn't thought much about my ZB for many years. I even thought of selling the kit at one point. Now my interest is back, and since I've got the appropriate paperwork (SOT-02), I might just go ahead and build my ZB as a post-sample.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Nodak's Profile Search for other posts by Nodak

Mastiff

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 30 2010 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote Mastiff

My LMO BESA barrel fits my slab sided shroud. My ribbed shroud won't show up till tomorrow.
View Mastiff's Profile Search for other posts by Mastiff

Swiss

E-3
E-3

Posted: December 01 2010 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote Swiss

My LMO Besa barrels look new. They are slathered in cosmoline and brown paper and plastic bagged.
I did notice that on the top of the breech end, the latching(?)tab that is milled into the czech barrel is missing.
I have not determined if that will have consiquences with the build.
View Swiss's Profile Search for other posts by Swiss

Fishpaw

E-2
E-2

Posted: December 01 2010 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote Fishpaw

Got the ribbed shroud, and would like to take the gas system parts off the slab side shroud and put onto the ribbed. Is there a trick to removing this thing? Im guessing they have something to do with the gas system as there are numbers on one part of it similar to the gas adjustment parts of other weapons.
View Fishpaw's Profile Search for other posts by Fishpaw

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 02 2010 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

You guys need a mill or need to become good friends with a machinist when you get ready for the semi conversion. The bolt alone will eat up a couple carbide cutting bits and take about 10 hrs work. The transmission is also a PITA, Rockwell hardness of 60 and tough as nails. Plan on ruining another bit here even if you go real slow.
I plan on posting a range report sometime in the next couple weeks, and will try and post some video if I can figure out how. I'm still looking for a set of AA sights if anyone knows of or has a set to sell.I would also recommend getting a manual from jbaum on here, he has a nice manual out with lots of information, not to mention he is a great guy to do business with.
CaptMax

View CaptMax's Profile Search for other posts by CaptMax

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 02 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

this is what they look like when they are done.

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

Mastiff

E-3
E-3

Posted: December 02 2010 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Mastiff

CaptMax wrote:
You guys need a mill or need to become good friends with a machinist when you get ready for the semi conversion. The bolt alone will eat up a couple carbide cutting bits and take about 10 hrs work. The transmission is also a PITA, Rockwell hardness of 60 and tough as nails. Plan on ruining another bit here even if you go real slow.
I plan on posting a range report sometime in the next couple weeks, and will try and post some video if I can figure out how. I'm still looking for a set of AA sights if anyone knows of or has a set to sell.I would also recommend getting a manual from jbaum on here, he has a nice manual out with lots of information, not to mention he is a great guy to do business with.
CaptMax

I'm hoping that my 14" Shaper can handle most of the bolt and transmission machining. The bits don't cost much.

I will buy one of the semi kits if I can get enough $$ together while they are still in stock.
View Mastiff's Profile Search for other posts by Mastiff

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 02 2010 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

weaponeer wrote:

this is what they look like when they are done.

Those look GREAT!!!
Wise Lite Arms is the best!!!!
Thanks for posting the pictures Gary.
CaptMax

nlander

SFC
SFC

Posted: December 02 2010 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote nlander

Those look nice. Anyone by chance have a pic of the left side? I'm curious what the handle looks like sticking out of the receiver.
View nlander's Profile Search for other posts by nlander

Fishpaw

E-2
E-2

Posted: December 02 2010 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote Fishpaw

My Centerfire kit doesnt have the large handle. There is just a smaller metal part that pivots. From the pic on their site, this model is handleless.
View Fishpaw's Profile Search for other posts by Fishpaw

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 03 2010 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

It appears that this model has a removable barrel shroud handle and that the handle is not included in the CFS kits.

BTW, anyone want to trade an excellent WWII marked German MG-42 barrel for an extra Longmountain outfitter barrel they might have picked up?  I was too slow on the trigger for the barrel purchase.

View krinkov556's Profile Search for other posts by krinkov556

ajmdreammg42

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 06 2010 at 10:30pm | IP Logged Quote ajmdreammg42

krinkov556 wrote:

It appears that this model has a removable barrel shroud handle and that the handle is not included in the CFS kits.

BTW, anyone want to trade an excellent WWII marked German MG-42 barrel for an extra Longmountain outfitter barrel they might have picked up?  I was too slow on the trigger for the barrel purchase.

Might be interested in a trade, picked up a few extra LMO barrels and I am building about 12 MG42's so I need extra barrels, sent PM a couple of days ago

View ajmdreammg42's Profile Search for other posts by ajmdreammg42

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 07 2010 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

ajmdreammg42 wrote:

Might be interested in a trade, picked up a few extra LMO barrels and I am building about 12 MG42's so I need extra barrels, sent PM a couple of days ago.

PM sent with barrel information

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 08 2010 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

More ZB37 Semi-Auto Photos

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Update on the semi parts orders/shipment

We are trying to include a bonus CD with build information on each and every part of the build.

This was a late idea, and the CD is nearly complete, so the orders will be held up a day or two due to the late and free bonus.

I'm told the first 5 kits will be easy to ship before Christmas. The qty of the orders caught everyone off guard, so additional parts will need to be fabricated for the remaining orders.  will that delay the next 5? unknown at this time. I do know that they are working hard to try to fill all orders before christmas.

As I get updates I'll post them here in the thread. (customers and members have also had an email in case they don't watch this thread)

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 10 2010 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

Need some help here guys.  Where does the serrated washer go in the assembly?

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 10 2010 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

Here's some photos to help in assembly/disassembly of grips

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 10 2010 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

krinkov556 wrote:

Need some help here guys.  Where does the serrated washer go in the assembly?

Goes behind the flash suppressor. Use the correct armors tool for tightening the suppressor on.
CaptMax
CaptMax

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 10 2010 at 8:35pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

CaptMax wrote:

Goes behind the flash suppressor. Use the correct armors tool for tightening the suppressor on.
CaptMax
CaptMax

Thanks CaptMax!

I didn't get one with the CFS kit.  Have to send them an e-mail to see if they'll send one

Funny x 1

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version