Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 26 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

ZB37 Semi Conversion
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  crazymike

Private
Private

Posted: December 14 2010 at 9:45pm | IP Logged Quote crazymike

I e-mailed  Dennis at Green Mountain Barrel regarding a barrel for the vz37.  He instructed me that they did 100 barrel minimum on custom orders.  He was unable to give me a price without a detailed drawing , print, or a sample.  Is anyone able to follow through with this?

dpaladino@gmriflebarrel.com"  >dpaladino@gmriflebarrel.com

Thanks

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View crazymike's Profile Search for other posts by crazymike

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 15 2010 at 11:46pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

BTT
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 16 2010 at 12:52am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

crazymike wrote:

I e-mailed  Dennis at Green Mountain Barrel regarding a barrel for the vz37.  He instructed me that they did 100 barrel minimum on custom orders.  He was unable to give me a price without a detailed drawing , print, or a sample.  Is anyone able to follow through with this?

dpaladino@gmriflebarrel.com"  >dpaladino@gmriflebarrel.com

Thanks

Would a demilled barrel do? I should be done with mine shortly.

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 19 2010 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

I got the zb37 finned demilled barrel shroud from Royal Tiger/ IO the other day.  Shroud is real nice condition.  The shroud also came with a demilled barrel.  The demill is much less severe than the CFS barrel demills.  The barrel has three holes drilled in it at various locations along the length of the barrel (breech, middle and muzzle end).  Hole dia is larger than 8mm.  The breech end is also filled with weld.  These demilled barrels might make good candidates for a sleeve or also might be good as example for Green Mountain to follow for any possible production run of these barrels.
View krinkov556's Profile Search for other posts by krinkov556

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 20 2010 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

As a reminder to ZB37 Owners.  We still have the first model Tripods, which also configure to the AA Position.

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13412& ;PN=1

I use the same tripod for a Twin 1919 Mount.  it's one of the few mounts strong enough to support it.

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

oprod

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 23 2010 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote oprod

I just checked the order status for the conversion kits, when will you be shipping, I thought by Christmas?....

sirjames1

SSG
SSG

Posted: December 23 2010 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote sirjames1

I got this from Sarco for $49 plus shipping. The barrel has been demilled with three drill holes. On is at the end of the chamber so I'm pretty sure I can repair it and make this into a blank only barrel for use at my reenactments. These are listed in the NOV 20the shotgun news add, they don't have a part number so you have to refer them to the add to order them. I just ordered three more.
View sirjames1's Profile Search for other posts by sirjames1

Swiss

E-3
E-3

Posted: December 23 2010 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote Swiss

Just tried to order one of these...They are sold out...POOP!
View Swiss's Profile Search for other posts by Swiss

slowfinger

MSG
MSG

Posted: December 24 2010 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote slowfinger

Hi, Whats the tracking number on my ZB Semi order? Thankyou...George 
View slowfinger's Profile Search for other posts by slowfinger

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 24 2010 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

still looking for a barrel

View krinkov556's Profile Search for other posts by krinkov556

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 24 2010 at 9:58pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

slowfinger wrote:
Hi, Whats the tracking number on my ZB Semi order? Thankyou...George 

They have been shipping via USPS, to I don't have any tracking numbers to pass on.

They are really short staffed until after the new year

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 28 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Got mine . The striker is backordered till Jan 3. Ordered some endmills and spending some time in the garage .

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 28 2010 at 1:20am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Fishpaw wrote:
Got the ribbed shroud, and would like to take the gas system parts off the slab side shroud and put onto the ribbed. Is there a trick to removing this thing? Im guessing they have something to do with the gas system as there are numbers on one part of it similar to the gas adjustment parts of other weapons.

Look closely and you will see it sets in an arced groove. Turn it, (should be easy,not tight) with a big wrench on the flats, then lift it up.

oprod

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 28 2010 at 8:08am | IP Logged Quote oprod

Got mine today havent opened the box.

fknoll

Private
Private

Posted: December 29 2010 at 6:42pm | IP Logged Quote fknoll

Got mine just before Christmas. I'm excited to get started but this looks to be a very involved build. I did not receive the wooden section of the Bren handle. Maybe I wasn't supposed to. No matter though because I'm going to try to match the original wood grips of the ZB37 with some dowel and the lathe.
View fknoll's Profile Search for other posts by fknoll

slowfinger

MSG
MSG

Posted: December 29 2010 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote slowfinger

I received mine today! I guess the striker is back ordered. The DVD won't play on the computor but will play on the tv. Looks interesting. Geo.

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 30 2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

Well I received my completed firearm from Wise Lite just days before Christmas. It is beautifully done. The video that was included is a nice bonus. Very interesting to see all the work that goes into building one of these. I hope to get out this weekend and run a couple belts through it too. I will post pictures and possibly a video if I can get someone to hold the camera for me. Man this sucker is heavy on the tripod I have, I may need help carrying it all out to the range.
CaptMax
PS. WLA was great to deal with, they even called me several times giving me updates on it's progress. "Thanks again Wise Lite Arms". 

View CaptMax's Profile Search for other posts by CaptMax

slowfinger

MSG
MSG

Posted: December 31 2010 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote slowfinger

Well, Will have to come up with a welding Jig for ZB37. Then fit parts and machine as we go. Maybe we can get a build forum post going here! Have a PKM I'm finnishing first though. Barrel plugs almost done, then comes the machining of the internals.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 31 2010 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I also need a welding jig for my ZB37

slowfinger

MSG
MSG

Posted: December 31 2010 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote slowfinger

Well, I believe we could mount the parts kit into the centerfire mount and use the barrel and top cover for positioning the pieces. When mine arrives I'll try that. Let you know....

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version