Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 38 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 40

We have 2 member(s), 7 spiders, 38 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
jaredtg69, jaredtg69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (118):

Expedient Firearms - Zippo Gun
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 14 2016 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

The pin for your sear is 1/16" too high and 1/32" too far to the left~ somewhere in that area, only measuring by eye.  Notice how yours is around 60% from the bottom of the hammer, and the original is closer to 25% from the bottom.

Paraquat, I don't believe the hammer needs a guide rail, as it appears to be the same cross section 360 degrees around.

Also, the safety in the original designs looks like it would bend and become trapped from the impact of the hammer dropping.   It bothers me.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: June 14 2016 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I was imagining the slot acting like a bowling ball in a gutter. Just based on the proportions drawn.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

spiff2022

E-2
E-2

Posted: June 15 2016 at 12:16am | IP Logged Quote spiff2022

Paraquat wrote:
I was imagining the slot acting like a bowling ball in a gutter. Just based on the proportions drawn.

ya its actualy a fully enclosed cylinder that it rides in, look close to the top at "gunmaker"'s post, it shows the final cylinder block
View spiff2022's Profile Search for other posts by spiff2022

spiff2022

E-2
E-2

Posted: June 15 2016 at 12:21am | IP Logged Quote spiff2022

yaybacon wrote:
  The pin for your sear is 1/16" too high and 1/32" too far to the left~ somewhere in that area, only measuring by eye.  Notice how yours is around 60% from the bottom of the hammer, and the original is closer to 25% from the bottom.

Paraquat, I don't believe the hammer needs a guide rail, as it appears to be the same cross section 360 degrees around.

Also, the safety in the original designs looks like it would bend and become trapped from the impact of the hammer dropping.   It bothers me.

nice catch, i think youre right, i will measure the hole location again. I think the sear is still wrong though, it just doesn't look like whats in the blue prints.
i was planning on 3d printing (tomorrow if all goes well) the design and then changing a few things to hopefully make it work, the safety being one of them. i was thinking i would move it right up under the hammer when in the cocked position so it won't gain a whole lot of inertia if released and hopefully wouldn't break the pin. well see.
the biggest problem though is getting enough energy to fire the cartridge from such small springs. i was thinking of either making the hammer and firing pin from a lighter material to increase velocity or changing their design to weigh less. but for the first go around im going to go as close to the plans as i can get. any ideas you have, send them along, ill post pictures when i make progress

spiff2022

E-2
E-2

Posted: June 15 2016 at 12:35am | IP Logged Quote spiff2022

yaybacon wrote:

based on your suggestion i checked it out and that hole is in the correct place. sure does look different though. i think it may be an optical illusion from the hammer being in the wrong place

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 15 2016 at 9:55am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

When you 3-D print it, I would make it incapable of chambering an actual round, and 3-D print some interlocking dummy rounds you can test with.

Form 1s are running many months @ the moment, and BATFE and local cops have been known to do nefarious things to get a conviction.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

spiff2022

E-2
E-2

Posted: June 15 2016 at 2:28pm | IP Logged Quote spiff2022

so our 3d printer sucks. im playing with the fill levels but for the time being im getting a lot of parts that are too brittle to come off the printing base without crushing

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 15 2016 at 8:29pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

For having grown up playing inside my fathers plastic injection shop. You would think I remembered at least something about plastic..  Check if the temperature is too high for the plastic you're using, typically makes things brittle.  having a base sounds like the heat kind. not the UV kind, or the laser kind of 3dprinter
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

spiff2022

E-2
E-2

Posted: June 15 2016 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote spiff2022

yaybacon wrote:
  For having grown up playing inside my fathers plastic injection shop. You would think I remembered at least something about plastic..  Check if the temperature is too high for the plastic you're using, typically makes things brittle.  having a base sounds like the heat kind. not the UV kind, or the laser kind of 3dprinter

We replaced the extruder and hopefully that will fix it, but i had to leave. hopefully that will fix it. Its set at 215c. will update soon.

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version