Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 32 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 32

We have 0 member(s), 9 spiders, 32 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (47):

Cobray P M12 380
Weaponeer Forums : Home Build Projects

Posted in Home Build Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 03 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

I may have missed the point here i thought he was having trouble getting the upper on. On my 9mm you can't install the upper without first fully cocking the hammer...
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Branny

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 04 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote Branny

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Branny's Profile Search for other posts by Branny

mrsnsnj

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 05 2011 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote mrsnsnj

Sorry I'm wasn't too clear. My problems were and are two fold i guess. If I cock the hammer first (like on my 45.) and then try to install upper ..no dice.Now if I don't and just install the upper the magazine wont enter
all the way and only quarter cocks.I thought the S.A. m-11/9 and m11 a1 380 had the same fcg except for the 380's sear springs and sear are like a m-10 45's.maybe I need a mini 9 hammer? Is there a difference between a closed bolt upper and a open one?Could you possibly post pics of your internals.meanwhile I'm trying to resurrect my other laptop so
i can post pics.I'm probably not explaining myself correctly still learning the lingo.So thank you guys for your patience and advice.
View mrsnsnj's Profile Search for other posts by mrsnsnj

Branny

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 05 2011 at 9:45pm | IP Logged Quote Branny

I will post some better quality pictures some time tomorrow.

Disagree x 1

Branny

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 05 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote Branny

Do not cock the hammer before installing upper because there is no room for recoil plate & buffer to feat in. Have magazine inserted and hammer rested on it than try again.

mrsnsnj wrote:
Sorry I'm wasn't too clear. My problems were and are two fold i guess. If I cock the hammer first (like on my 45.) and then try to install upper ..no dice.Now if I don't and just install the upper the magazine wont enter
all the way and only quarter cocks.I thought the S.A. m-11/9 and m11 a1 380 had the same fcg except for the 380's sear springs and sear are like a m-10 45's.maybe I need a mini 9 hammer? Is there a difference between a closed bolt upper and a open one?Could you possibly post pics of your internals.meanwhile I'm trying to resurrect my other laptop so
i can post pics.I'm probably not explaining myself correctly still learning the lingo.So thank you guys for your patience and advice.

mrsnsnj

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 09 2011 at 3:02pm | IP Logged Quote mrsnsnj

So yeah just an update. Still no progress. Ruined one crappy zytel mag in the process.So at this point I'm thinking either i drilled the hammer holes in the wrong place....Or the hammer is too long.Now that I have a steel mag it seems the hammer simply has no place to go.So i have a few hammers around here, so to the wheel with it I go. After grinding some i think will do it....I hope.With the hammer and upper installed the mag with not enter all the way. Without the hammer the pistol is solid and feeds remarkably well. Ejects strong and consistently. So close yet soooo far away with our Bi annual range trip a mere month away . If i don't get things worked out by then I'll live. On a side note Ive a read up a bit on this baby. Like this review from mac11.net "CONS
 Crappy ergonomics
Useless sights
Worthless stock (that will some times collapse while shooting!)
Horrible trigger
1,600 RPM combined with lightweight makes controllability a problem
Crude Craftsman ship
Price (expensive for a MAC type firearm"
I disagree with just about every thing this guy feels is bad about them.Were it applies of course. There will be no stock. Mine is semi auto so 1600 rpm is moot as well.Trigger slap is another big one I read about often. The deluxe trigger boot is awesome. It could and has made the difference for me . Lastly, simple definitely. Crude is a bit much. I think these are fine looking pistols. The .380  most of all. It fits my long hands perfectly.That's a fine specimen you got there Branny . maybe you could post a range report?

mrsnsnj

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 09 2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote mrsnsnj

SO I ground one of my m11 hammers to almost nothing but the hooks.....what a waste. the hammer is just too big!!!I couldn't even push the hammer back with bolt removed. Branny is your hammer a smaller version on the m11/9 hammer ?

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 10 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

These guys list two different hammers..

https://www.onlinesecureordering.com/

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 10 2011 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

On a second note do you have the right Sear Plate, as the sear plate for the 9mm is longer.. It would help if you could post pics. as its hard to trouble shoot something when i can't see what you are looking at... And you didn't mention that you couldn't even cock it to start with...

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 10 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I have the M11/9 and I'm having a problem visualizing the issue as well.

would love to have the Full Auto version (I never had any problems with the stocks, then again I never held it so tight the stock bent until it collapsed), but really like the idea of 1,600 rpm, which I bet could get close to 2,000 rpm with a little work. sure, it would empty the mag in 2 seconds, but if I could just get it down to 1 second....   lol

mrsnsnj

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 10 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote mrsnsnj

Yeah I'm just now  looking for usb drivers should have pics up later. I'm sure I got the right sear though. and i think i said it  half cocks either way the hammer is going nowhere. A picture is worth a thousand words they say.

Branny

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 10 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote Branny

Cobray P M12 380 parts.

Branny

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 10 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged Quote Branny

I can’t do test on local shutting range anymore I will be going to my family member farm, the “Range” report coming in about two weeks.

mrsnsnj

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 11 2011 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote mrsnsnj

Is it me or is that upper open at its underside  all the way to the rear? Mine is closed....Hmmmm. In the photos you'll see with hammer pinned in, the rear of the uppers underside is riding the hammer. Its acting as a pivot point preventing me from installing the .upper

mrsnsnj

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 11 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote mrsnsnj

ok found my problem.

I have to open a channel in my upper for the hammer
and maybe lose the rear spacer.

duc748

E-2
E-2

Posted: September 29 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote duc748

Branny,

can you measure the lenght of the bolt, the ejectorrod and the spring?

Thanks

View duc748's Profile Search for other posts by duc748

Branny

SFC
SFC

Posted: October 03 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged Quote Branny

duc748 wrote:

Branny,

can you measure the lenght of the bolt, the ejectorrod and the spring?

Thanks

I can’t measure the recoil spring length, sorry.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 06 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

photos above were edited for size

duc748

E-2
E-2

Posted: October 06 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote duc748

Thanks Branny
View duc748's Profile Search for other posts by duc748

<< Prev Topic Home Build Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version