Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 28 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 30

We have 2 member(s), 6 spiders, 28 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Robertautox, Bhrsianroode

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (132):
Robertautox, Bhrsianroode, shellycr18, yeseniaiz60, myralj3, Sergiojonia, SusanDat, catherineiu69, eddievk2, Alinkaclu, AlbertAlove, nathanielad16, BrianSet, Kathyder, amieze1, Deutschland Apotheke, stort-web-apotek, rolandnf60, amyqs4, jetloco, Richard/SIA, Gr Farmakeia, geraldinesa18, madelineow16, ronaldii18, Alinkabvv, RB20Fast, jaimezp60, CurtisVV, byronpw4, AngelaSax, mmspurg, charlesbd4, VbsfynPainna, Mjolnir1317, myrarj11, flyman, Samuel065, backbencher, junkcollector, milagrosif16, m1a76251, zzorga, Nick_Bailey, freddiett18, magdalenacz2, shortfal, bikergunnut, rickyeg4, kayetg11, RobertAgomB, corapr1, UnrebbcBladia, Josephtox, ammojoe, williehz4, Ghoulardi, feleciahn4, susannapj2, FarimfQuomy, bbrown, susiefd3, louisgz11, JeffreyAroff, marquitazd69, Zuzzy, tammikc11, lynnepq11, Msnbttomins, jamesde60, michelleux18, LastChanceArms, frankbj4, elizabethfe18, Arereehl, elisabethgp11, elaineyo4, Alisa93saupt, lorenaqk16, jayxw2, dcorb, annnx2, latashaff16, goldieeh16, rodneygt3, jesusgi3, Paraquat, Darrellneree, bertiewt69, tashalr16, verayk69, sorry0svet, Frankmes, lorabx4, LanceS4803, sheliaxb69, gracedd69, Margiealtes, jonas16, maricelact1, TaannosOrall, geraldineqw60, martinrk1, linapc2, faydq2, josefayg16, Tanner Frisby, stanleytn60, alexanderlw60, josephineiq18, coreyba4, hollyok3, thelmaxn60, terrieqq11, louisbg16, Kevinguh, joannhv4, Benfrema, SarahPaw, Artemmsk2opive, shelbyja4, brookedl69, melisawx69, jennavn2, Lekarna Online, Karmaliushix, Arereep6, Katanahic, beletevim, akawowofe, aureliabr60, elizabethgj2

sg43 build by black beard
Weaponeer Forums : SG43 Goryunov

Posted in SG43 Goryunov
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Black Beard

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: January 10 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged Quote Black Beard

Just got back from testing the sg43 after five test runs dealing with head space and the angle of the bolt to the locking lug in the reciever its alive i ran a 50 round belt throught it with no hick ups  i will post some pics when i get a chance
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Black Beard's Profile Search for other posts by Black Beard

Black Beard

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: January 10 2012 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Black Beard

The angle on the bolt is 80 degress and the distance between the bolt and the reciever locking area is .030 for the head space with a shell case in the chamber and bolt locked up those # got the weapon to run perfect i had to grind the bolt and then i went to far had to tig it back then got the angle wrong  then had to tig the bolt back again then it downed on me that when the bolt moves to lock in the angle changes du? so then i got the 80 degress im reading the protractor on the inside ring its 100 on the outside ring im dislexic and can 't spell but i can build guns, also the reciever length i have is 17- 3/4 i think it should be 17-7/8  so then you wouldnt have to take so much of the back of the bolt to fit the length of the reciever you can see by the pic comming soon, now i have to see what im going to build next
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 11 2012 at 7:30pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

View midmichigun's Profile Search for other posts by midmichigun

midmichigun

CPT
CPT

Posted: January 12 2012 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote midmichigun

Ok, here is the last photo that BlackBeard has sent me. This looks to be the head space technique that he has described in his above post.

I must say, that this has been a pretty cool build!

View midmichigun's Profile Search for other posts by midmichigun

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

I agree midmichigun! Too bad most of us can't do it as we are not class 2 builders and could not afford a transferable sample.   

Black Beard, did you weld up your barrel yet? I was curios how well it worked out. I have heard about people doing it but having extraction problems because of the case swelling in the chamber and either the plug was in too far or not far enough. Let us know please!! If possible photograph your process on it incase it does work!!

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

Black Beard

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: January 22 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote Black Beard

Just to let you know i put another 50  rounds throught the sg 43 and the head space changed buy 5 thou and it broke cases when i looked at the bolt i could see it moved that locking area like wore it by 5 thou so i re head spaced it to 25 thou thinking it will go to 30 when i shoot it i will let you know after the next test its just a matter of testing till i get it right since there is nobody to help me im surprised nobody else is interested in this reciever build i might do a semi when i get this one right

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 22 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

I am very interested in the SG43. Problem is, no one has an ATF approved design for the average guy to build yet......as far as i know.

The locking shoulder and bolt flaps are usually hardened to prevent things like that. You might want to try and case harden it after you reset the head space. Then it won't wear as fast.

I made my firing pin for the bren build by welding a piece to the original to extend it for the striker. I case hardened it by heating to a purple/dull red color and dipping it in used motor oil. I did that 2 times. Then i tempered it after using the same method and dipping in water. After you harden it is super hard, but brittle, that is why i temered. The pin has had hundred's of hits and no sign of pin deformation.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

Black Beard

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: January 22 2012 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote Black Beard

yes you are right im going to harden it

BillBull

Private
Private

Posted: February 16 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged Quote BillBull

I'd definitely like to hear more and see some pictures about how you handled the barrel...  Please let us know!
View BillBull's Profile Search for other posts by BillBull

Black Beard

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: February 19 2012 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote Black Beard

Im working on the barell i used a 3/8 grade 8 bolt i countoured the bottom to fit the crown in the bore i started threading it but then i machined the treads off so i could get the crown where i wanted it,  cut it and left about 1/2 inch pounded a 7.62 bullet down the bore and put in my part i made set my lincoln 255 mig to 20.6 on the digital amp setting and filled in the hole then i started pounding 7.62 bullets down the bore looks good, on the chamber side i put in a 7.62x54 cass then put in my part i made and welded that but i still have to shoot it thats the real test im happy with it and confident ive got 1/4 inch of weld ore more on top of the part and im using 7014 so its 70,000 pounds per squar inch shooting will tell one thing is i cant f--- it up becuse it already f----- up i will let you know when i shoot it

Timm

E-2
E-2

Posted: May 23 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged Quote Timm

midmichigan

I just got my parts kit today.  What skill level of welder are you?  Your job looks really good.  I'm not a welder so I will have to find a person up here in Anchorage were I'm stationed with the Air Force.  When I talk to welders/machinists up here what shoudl I ask as to determine a skill to make mine look as flawless as yours.  I would learn weldng, but since I fly for a living I have been advised not to even with all the eye protection since it will show up in my yearly physical and my cause me to fail (the Air Force is very picky).  My goal is a mock up only, no semi auto, but want all the parts to move.  Thanks for any advice, feel free to use my email (Timpemberton@netzero.net

View Timm's Profile Search for other posts by Timm

gundoctor

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 23 2012 at 12:47am | IP Logged Quote gundoctor

Blackbeard, I missed this thread in real time.   Really great build going on here. Nice SG43.

Black Beard

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: May 23 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Black Beard

to answer timm,s question welding for 40 + years started in high school and im still welding mig tig stick im 60 and gun doctor it runs graet on the right ammo my head space i moved it to .020 i havent got any requests to help any body didnt think any body was interested in this build

Amonshax

Private
Private

Posted: May 24 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged Quote Amonshax

New member here. Amateur gunsmith. I just got my SG43 kit (my first gun build). I was just wondering, how do I determine the overall length of the receiver? Thanks in advance for any info!
View Amonshax's Profile Search for other posts by Amonshax

Timm

E-2
E-2

Posted: May 24 2012 at 11:24am | IP Logged Quote Timm

Black Beard

What did you use to make and jig.  I got my receiver all cleaned up with a drimmel to be welded.  If you have any pics to help me build it, that would really help.  I want to make the jig and have it ready to go, when I go shopping to find a guy who can weld this for me.  On another note how many years did you do in the Army, I just completed my 21 in the AF.  Thanks

View Timm's Profile Search for other posts by Timm

mmike956

SFC
SFC

Posted: August 04 2012 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote mmike956

And I thought building replicas was a challenge. Nice work there.
View mmike956's Profile Search for other posts by mmike956

stinkfinger

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: August 06 2013 at 6:08pm | IP Logged Quote stinkfinger

it seemed to work for you but useing filler peices "to keep the shrink down" dosnt seem the best route to me on my builds i build up both sides of the joint and grind back until all parts meet up with out a gap. then you can prep the joint how you wish for welding. Your actually making more shrink that way since you now would have 2 welds to shrink instead of one. Great job though looks good.

mggreg111

Private
Private

Posted: January 19 2016 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote mggreg111

Black Beard wrote:
Just to let you know i put another 50  rounds throught the sg 43 and the head space changed buy 5 thou and it broke cases when i looked at the bolt i could see it moved that locking area like wore it by 5 thou so i re head spaced it to 25 thou thinking it will go to 30 when i shoot it i will let you know after the next test its just a matter of testing till i get it right since there is nobody to help me im surprised nobody else is interested in this reciever build i might do a semi when i get this one right
i think you just helped me with my 43 problem. mine ran great at about .030 headspace but rips cases apart now at about.012 . mine changed also when i fixed a cracked weld on receiver. what do you think . thanks
View mggreg111's Profile Search for other posts by mggreg111

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 20 2016 at 4:07am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

He posted that 4 years ago, bud.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

mggreg111

Private
Private

Posted: January 20 2016 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote mggreg111

backbencher wrote:
He posted that 4 years ago, bud.
i know that but i am hoping to get some imput on my sg43 headspace ect,
View mggreg111's Profile Search for other posts by mggreg111

<< Prev Topic SG43 Goryunov Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version