Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 36 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 38

We have 2 member(s), 10 spiders, 36 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
backbencher, blackbikesteve

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (48):

my bug out bag
Weaponeer Forums : Bug-out bag

Posted in Bug-out bag
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Survivorsareusops

E-2
E-2

Posted: January 27 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged Quote Survivorsareusops

now this is a link to my bug out back that i just uploaded to youtube, this is my biggest and "worst case" bag, even tho it dose not have hazmat/ bio suit or gasmask or what have you this is what i carry. As you will see most of it is tools. any ?'s feel free to ask and any positive comments feel free to have a go this is a HEAVY bag much heavyer then i thought it was in the vid but for me it is what i need in the worst cast to start working on getting stable again. i could trade IF i needed to witch is not my main priority, i am mainly trying to get to caches to resuply untill things come down ALOT i have well over 600 MRE's in cashes along with other food/TP/bottled water fire starters and such. this bug out bag has enough for MONTHS of survival. this bag is inside my house unless i am going somewhere then it goes in back seat with blacket over it. if worst case should happen it would go into my bug out truck with me. don't have to agree with me but here it is.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYY_QS1IR8
Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Survivorsareusops's Profile Search for other posts by Survivorsareusops

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 27 2012 at 3:24pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I have an updated Bug out bag / Survival Pack.

Mine is now based in the new GearPod pack. I didn't expect it to be as big as it is, and it contains pretty much everything a person would need to survive pretty much anyplace.

I really like that fact that nearly everything is water and air tight, and durable. and best of all modular.

I can pull out only the pods I need, and even attach them together if needed.

An example is, I have a small pod that contains a complete shelter in a small 6 inch long container.

I have another pod for firemaking supplies that would last a lot time, with several ways to make fire.

Another pod that holds a small stove, with an alcohol burner, as well as fuel tab (and the kit has both).  the stock can even be used with small sticks.  also included is a small cup that fits in the stove.

There is a food pack that contains approx 12 small meals (that require 2 cups water per meal).

the pack contails tools, survival gear etc.

next to that pack is another one with a large wood burning stove  (kelly kettle aka volcano stove) and cook set. this is an additional pack that can be throw into the car when needed and can be used with pretty much any fuel source.  I normally have a couple gallons of water in the car just in case, and the kit also contains a water filter that can be used with my hydration carrier.

both one arm packs contain enough supplies to survive a couple weeks, and I can add additional molle to the packs to mod them even more.

I only have one gearpod pack.  if I had the money I would have two of them with additional pods, to customize it even more, especially because the two packs and be put together to make one typical sized back pack.  currently mine are mix matched packs, but it gets the job done. (note:  these are non-tactical and do not contain any guns or ammunition. I always carry a CCW for the minimum.

Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

Survivorsareusops

E-2
E-2

Posted: January 27 2012 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote Survivorsareusops

weaponeer wrote:

I have an updated Bug out bag / Survival Pack.

Mine is now based in the new GearPod pack. I didn't expect it to be as big as it is, and it contains pretty much everything a person would need to survive pretty much anyplace.

I really like that fact that nearly everything is water and air tight, and durable. and best of all modular.

I can pull out only the pods I need, and even attach them together if needed.

An example is, I have a small pod that contains a complete shelter in a small 6 inch long container.

I have another pod for firemaking supplies that would last a lot time, with several ways to make fire.

Another pod that holds a small stove, with an alcohol burner, as well as fuel tab (and the kit has both).  the stock can even be used with small sticks.  also included is a small cup that fits in the stove.

There is a food pack that contains approx 12 small meals (that require 2 cups water per meal).

the pack contails tools, survival gear etc.

next to that pack is another one with a large wood burning stove  (kelly kettle aka volcano stove) and cook set. this is an additional pack that can be throw into the car when needed and can be used with pretty much any fuel source.  I normally have a couple gallons of water in the car just in case, and the kit also contains a water filter that can be used with my hydration carrier.

both one arm packs contain enough supplies to survive a couple weeks, and I can add additional molle to the packs to mod them even more.

I only have one gearpod pack.  if I had the money I would have two of them with additional pods, to customize it even more, especially because the two packs and be put together to make one typical sized back pack.  currently mine are mix matched packs, but it gets the job done. (note:  these are non-tactical and do not contain any guns or ammunition. I always carry a CCW for the minimum.

yes i have owned the gear pod pack, its a col pack (but without pictured of yours since i am visual i can't completely understand it)  i love gear pods the idea, but i perfer my set up because for my philosophy of bugging out is what i designed my pack around. BUT if your pack works for you MORE power to you because so few ever even try to get a setup they actually use and understand. i love the stove from Gear pods i just hate the price tag i think it was 250$ for my set (witch i think is steep) but good quality. i perfer my Gear pods for ultra light weight backpacking. alot of people love the modular set up. just as long as it works for you more power to you!

Agree x 1
View Survivorsareusops's Profile Search for other posts by Survivorsareusops

<< Prev Topic Bug-out bag Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version