Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 24 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 27

We have 3 member(s), 7 spiders, 24 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
ROceant, uplikigue, Scooter1m

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (265):
uplikigue, ROceant, Scooter1m, queenny60, socorroka4, Vikaamift, Rardgreeddy, tesPexengexia, AgboxAncet, curtisph2, fermneoroup, LottoAgeor, Wraklyadula, MikeTiceinjes, KevinCET, KeypeBreelty, Claytongot, tr6guns, minervaev3, AstknAncet, leroyka16, kurtzh18, bbrown, traima, AyvckAncet, backbencher, rebekahtp4, altadz2, franwj16, CharlesLek, AvdfsAncet, fefAdmike, Robertbreks, fayad3, alanbp11, flossieaz2, toddxx16, staceyxa4, nancyhm16, leanneos2, kellyar60, nettiefo4, letitiaum2, Juitlekneentero, reginakf2, AinnjAncet, empisypeSpeancy, azotas, kristenli18, kellyxr16, erolerenelo, dollysm4, Edmundpit, genevieveou3, louisevq4, trudyuq2, AaronTon, victorka69, AryxrAncet, annabellecb1, dinasn16, rebekahcj18, maribelza69, evelynmx60, ApysjAncet, gayaj4, mikegt16, DAlons, elvaks11, CliftonFeept, AtihtAncet, lesayr2, andredc1, Tony9, jetloco, AsbigAncet, veraam11, GuestARemo, victorxk3, aureliaeg1, AvaskAncet, rubydu16, rubenpe60, maggiezj2, AsustAncet, AzkuaAncet, bikergunnut, Rolandfrits, ofeliabu3, caseyxl1, beverlyry11, clauderj69, AlflyAncet, Thomasjuh, lenorene18, AbyybAncet, Thomasbic, AzkdlAncet, Cindygom, estellecp2, susannahg11, dollyri3, dwayneeg69, enidhq3, AubegAncet, dianneve18, 1959conya, AtdfiAncet, Black Beard, AobztAncet, lilianky11, harrysb11, RAMMAN4, jimdoc, utifono, juanitaqv11, shannonea2, katharineyg4, gayll60, justin22885, fannynw1, katinazc3, AsirqAncet, isabellawb11, marlapt60, surem4, heidits60, m1a76251, felixxw69, mariawh16, angelil1, AiccyAncet, lindseyly4, Advopay, linagq60, robertoxy69, javiercv69, alejandrase2, AhsnwAncet, richardsy16, bessieac60, svetkatex, krystalaz4, elviaos3, cathleendi18, penelopepx11, teresapv11, AnpzuAncet, ritagn18, leannahl4, WAGIMADY, thocani, ernestinebi2, CeliaKeeri, Brianloora, kendg4, HeroHog, 319s, nanettecp60, franciscanv60, maggieru18, telcokrist, patsyrs2, summerpb69, phillipdv4, angietx69, askgodtosaveme42, leahdk18, jacquelynmg16, rosariolj60, marianasn69, mildredla60, eulaky16, Marinacycle, zicklon, timet18, bryaniw60, ExceteRem, FugJertantara, rasselserov, FoneeZexCot, Combloc_Cody, taniacj69, ntorelli, Jamesarkiz, mattiedz4, dashylya1, juliebf60, maftuna6888, jamizh16, Misolyavab, Burnsie, curtiswp2, gordonpm1, hazelsy16, addjim, ds1948, staciesx11, merledt60, angiejp18, vetal7tiger, CaliBoundAR15, cheriem60, martawe69, kirstenyh4, jodylu60, jeromeem69, 6ejiuu_ulllak, rosellajt16, ApyxgAncet, billiezi1, 4gene, avattismurl, georgettesj4, louellamd11, AzlirAncet, sarahdw69, denaxs2, kosoi_24, jaroqafurz, helenapi1, auro214, margodq4, AohauAncet, ebumehelmakum, ser23i, kellihl60, elainems1, AuzxpAncet, lucyvk60, Stevenpropy, Shnavel, cliftongu4, joydf3, joyceep18, AziuwAncet, Jimmyjuche, patricamy60, brentbk69, sueqz18, vedook001, cherylop69, shawntc3, bettysl60, neldamh11, rosanneli16, raefj2, mv-sokol, jimmiegq1, AbjtdAncet, jonbonn137, olega625, ttttllll, blastattack, summergm69, carleneix18, buy resumes online, timnb60, ArvcaAncet, Fragkos, bublik1999g, earlenebg11, winkone, aracelilm1, danik11

Kit Built CZ 26
Weaponeer Forums : CZ 26

Posted in CZ 26
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Tanner Frisby

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 10 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged Quote Tanner Frisby

That was my take on it also.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Tanner Frisby's Profile Search for other posts by Tanner Frisby Visit Tanner Frisby's Homepage

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 10 2013 at 11:53am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Think i would agree with Mech.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

Ruppster

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: February 10 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote Ruppster

I agree too. The problem is we are using logic. Since when has BATFE been accused of doing things logically?  I know they said sample but they could fire back with "we meant we wanted to see a partial example of what the guy was asking about, but he sent us a complete firearm".  It was just a CYA suggestion anyhow. When it comes to them I would make sure everything was defined beforehand as you never know what they might pull. But that's just me, I've been known to be a little paranoid sometimes (especially when it deals with them).
View Ruppster's Profile Search for other posts by Ruppster

gundoctor

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 10 2013 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote gundoctor

If you have really taken extraordinary efforts to make this a non-NFA item they are not going to prosecute you for asking for a ruling.   If they find something they don't like or would like you to improve, they would send it back if you are a licensed manufacturer.   As an individual, they might not do that and give you the option of surrendering it. They would likely be gracious enough to strip the parts off the receiver and return them if they seize it.

Here is a potential problem I see. At one time it had a whole for the magazine and the lower would attach. At that point is was potentially NFA.   You can not pass through a phase in manufacturing that is NFA. The hole for the mag should never have been cut. Other small things like grinding the feed lips off the bolt are also appropriate, as would be making it where a functional NFA lower would not accept the tube.

Tanner Frisby

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 10 2013 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote Tanner Frisby

I initially intended for this to be a striker fired semi auto (with a different and noninterchangeable trigger group), however, after a bunch of failed attempts, the single shot option was my give up point. However, the last part to cut was the charging slot. I was planning on cutting the charging handle for the striker fire bolt on the mirrored portion of the receiver and have a sort of situs inversus clone. The hole had an insert welded into it (to what I believe is thorough, but not completely circum welded, as I could only get my wire feed gun to certain places via the grooves cut in the already welded mag well) and then the magazine was inserted, and welded to the mag well via the same grooves in the mag well. This is a rather poor description, but the pictures in the first post may be better indicators. After and only after all of this welding had been done did I cut the charging slot. This receiver at no point had both a mag well and a charging slot. It started off with neither, gained a mag well, lost a mag well and then gained a charging slot. Still I realize the murkiness of the "easily modified" clause, but that is the whole issue anyway. And worse case scenario, I am still a minor without any expongements. (Joking of course)

Also, the feed tongue on the bolt can't be removed, because of the location of the fixed firing pin. I would have to either not remove enough of the tongue or remove the firing pin along with the tongue.

Tanner Frisby
View Tanner Frisby's Profile Search for other posts by Tanner Frisby Visit Tanner Frisby's Homepage

Tanner Frisby

SFC
SFC

Posted: July 03 2013 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote Tanner Frisby

Another update,
After 5 months, I finally got everything together and ready to ship. I guess I could claim that, since I wrote the document in future tense, I would want to maintain a reasonable build window, but I was just busy/procrastinating. I dropped the build off at my friendly local ffl and I think I can get it round trip right at $100. Could have been worse though.
I also included my initial correspondence, their reply and:
6FFC3_ATF_letter_2_Wep.zip

The only catch is that I will be in college (different location) when the build is (hopefully) returned in 6-9+ months and will have to trek back home to reclaim my build in person

Well, hopefully we get solid precedent from this for future builds. I wouldn't recommend this method as is, but it is the approval of concept that is needed. Others can fix the shooting above the horizontal problem.

Tanner Frisby

.380 Blow Back
Vetterli Rifle
7.62 x39 v2
7.62 x39 v1
Mosin Nagant

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 03 2013 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

LMAO! I love it when the time capsules we leave ourselves show back up! Especially when playing a joke on our future selves! Hahaha

This is awesome news and i look forward to the response. Either way, good news or bad news, your making 1 small step for man, and 1 giant step for mankind!

I am always following your builds. You show great talent and enthusiasm.   

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

cabal2600

SSG
SSG

Posted: March 15 2014 at 10:57pm | IP Logged Quote cabal2600

My project nearly finished but I don't have time to spand with it,wont sell or trade eather....
VZ26 is simple thing that ever was build until Israelis stole that idea and designed their UZI,UZI however is worster than VZ26 mechanicly and less powerful than VZ26 design,that also ballisticly comparable by powerful round 7.62x25 TT also can chamber less powerful round 7.63x25 mauser,but donot try chamber 7.62x25mm TT into C96 or M712 system,thats eats out fast rifling in barrel and damages bolt signifinatly..

Some peoples think VZ62 is cute while others think its ugly design,looks like bicycle pump...
View cabal2600's Profile Search for other posts by cabal2600

Tanner Frisby

SFC
SFC

Posted: April 29 2017 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Tanner Frisby

Over 4 years later, I received a letter back from the ATF. The short: ATF sees this as a machinegun. The long is posted here on my personal website at the bottom. Below is a synopsis of the ruling:

FTISB found that all components from the known Sa25 vz. 48b/samopal vz. 48b parts interchanged and functioned with the parts from the submitted sample. The machining operations completed on the known Sa25 vz. 48b/samopal vz. 48b matched the machining operations completed on the sample. Although the submitted sample magazine hole in the sample receiver is currently welded shut, all the correct machining operations have been performed to make the sample a machinegun receiver.

Based on the review and analysis outlined above, the submitted sample is, by design, construction , and combination of parts, a “firearm” as defined in 18 U.S.C. ~ 921(a)(3), a “firearm” as defined in 26 U.S.C. ~ 5845(a), and a “machinegun” as defined in 26 U.S.C. ~5854(b).

You win some and you lose some.

I would like to request that they return all non-receiver parts. Does anybody have a phone number or an email address that is faster than a 4 years turn around time?

Thanks,
Tanner Frisby

.380 Blow Back
Vetterli Rifle
7.62 x39 v2
7.62 x39 v1
Mosin Nagant

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: May 01 2017 at 6:02am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Good luck.
I'm still waiting to see my RPD parts from 2 years ago.
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

<< Prev Topic CZ 26 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version