Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 43 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 43

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 43 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (45):

ZB 37 Group Buy! US Made Barrels!!!!
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 27 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Update; Payment received (colww)

Member Name------------Received Payment

Mech Warrior---------------------x
1fozziebear-----------------------x
mountainmanent----------------x
sts440-----------------------------x
danh-------------------------------x
colww------------------------------x
great*guns
big44maghunter-----------------x
nightwolf0215
machinist89-----------------------x
dennis98277----------------------x
d20180-----------------------------x
Woodey----------------------------x
wizzegun--------------------------x
tbcseod----------------------------x
sigsbird-----out of group deal---

ALSO, i have talked with nightwolf0215, he is gonna be sending payment as well, BUT, that still leaves at least 2 un-claimed kits!

great*guns may be out! So his 2 kits are still on hold for me if anyone wants to get them! But you have to act fast, because centerfire will only hold them for a little bit longer!
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

wizzegun

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 28 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote wizzegun

My kit showed up today. The UPS guy knows why the ZB is a heavy weapon.      It's sickening to see such a masterpiece of machining destroyed by a torch.

Is there anybody rebuilding these in semi?

Thanks again Marty

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View wizzegun's Profile Search for other posts by wizzegun

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 28 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

wizzegun, we are building them in semi auto!!!

It is a shame to see them brutally destroyed, and the history that is with them. The likes of weapons such as these will NEVER be seen again! Can you imagine what it would cost to have that receiver made new today???

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"

wizzegun

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 30 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote wizzegun

So when you say "we" I guess I can send you my kit to work on?

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 30 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

wizzegun wrote; So when you say "we" I guess I can send you my kit to work on?

That may be a possibility. When i said "we", i meant, the group! I would be happily work on certain things for you if you can not do them.

Right now, I AM NOT ABLE TO DO ANY RE-WELDING OF THE RECEIVER. I do NOT have my class 07 license.

I AM going to apply for it VERY soon! There is a demand for it.

I said we because, people in the group, are tossing around ideas i am sure, (i am), on how to make it run semi auto only. I also am waiting to hear back from another person about semi auto parts that are ATF approved but so far no luck.

As i said before, anyone can make their weapon themselves, as long as the rules that are in place are followed to the letter! And if one of group members has a great idea on how to do it, and it works, then we can all do it the same way. I am sure something like that will happen, or one of the few people who already have a design, will make parts to buy.

PKw VI Tiger1

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: November 30 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged Quote PKw VI Tiger1

I have a plan for a simple modification to permanently convert the existing trigger group to SA only while still enabling the grips to serve as the charging handles.

What is stopping me right now in my design is the striker system. I don't have access to milling equipment and I want to configure the system so that it looks as close to original as possible externally which means no extra charging handles or the addition of a new rear sight base as WLA did with their design. To do this right, I will need to install denial pins and weld the receiver together first. I want to do it right the first time so I'm letting my ideas stew for a while.
View PKw VI Tiger1's Profile Search for other posts by PKw VI Tiger1

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 30 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

PKw VI Tiger1 wrote; I have a plan for a simple modification to permanently convert the existing trigger group to SA only while still enabling the grips to serve as the charging handles. What is stopping me right now in my design is the striker system. I don't have access to milling equipment and I want to configure the system so that it looks as close to original as possible externally which means no extra charging handles or the addition of a new rear sight base as WLA did with their design. To do this right, I will need to install denial pins and weld the receiver together first. I want to do it right the first time so I'm letting my ideas stew for a while.

Good man!! Thanks for sharing!

See what i mean wizzegun? We can all share ideas and between all of us, WE will get them running one way or another!   

wizzegun

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 30 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged Quote wizzegun

Sweet!  Unfortunately, my talents lie elsewhere and will be at your collective mercies.  I have faith in American ingenuity though.  I will contribute to the "we" when I can.  

machinist89

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 01 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged Quote machinist89

Ditto, my kit arrived Friday and I was very surprised to see how massive this gun is! This is like a BREN on steroids! I see a lot of design similarities between my BREN and the ZB37. I think some of the semi mods on the BREN can be transferred directly to this build.

I laid out the cut receiver and it 'appears' that I have all the original cut pieces from the same receiver. Compared to my BREN, this should be a much easier re-weld project. The cuts are lighter and less messy due to the thinner metal and access to the inner receiver is great. I'm still struggling with the BREN weld and look forward to switching to this one.

All the parts look to be in very very good shape. No major dings and the blueing is fully intact. The rear sight assembly is the coolest thing I have ever seen on a gun! The tripod is amazingly small for such a massive gun. My MG and BREN tripods are massive compared to this dinky thing. I'll be getting it cleaned up in a couple days and try to determine if anything is missing. Immediately I don't see a barrel carry handle in this kit. Are yours missing too?

I have been searching the internet and find no semi build instructions out there. In fact there appears to be few resources at all. So what is the 'collective' plan here. Shall we start a ZB37 group build thread? It would be great if folks could start posting the needed resource information.

My rambling thoughts this morning. Thanks Mech for handling all the group buy details. It went very smoothly. Oh also I am guessing the new barrel will arrive later?

M89
View machinist89's Profile Search for other posts by machinist89

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 02 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Correct on the new US barrel. It is being made by a different company. I will keep you posted on the delivery time as i am updated.

I agree on the info. We need to dig up what we can and share ides. Then we can get these running.........unless someone offers the semi auto parts again.

Right now, i feel like we can do it without those!

colww

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 22 2012 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote colww

What's the word on when more of the parts kits will be shipped?

i was hoping to have it by the Holidays.  Now with the gun ban talk

everyone's shipping schedule is behind.

View colww's Profile Search for other posts by colww

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 22 2012 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Word is backed up brother! Starting last weekend, centerfire received over 700 internet orders and been compounding ever since. I was delayed slightly sending the funds but they have had them since Monday this week! I have tried to call several times and the phone was busy so I redialed 12 to 15 times before I finialy got through! The person dealing with our group was gone, but I did talk to the owner! Our stuff is good but he was not sure about when it ships. I will find out very soon. I also wanted mine by the holiday as I had some time off.

colww

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 22 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote colww

Sweet... i'll looking foward to them in 2013. Good way to start the new year off!

colww

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: January 05 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote colww

Got my kit the other day, it is in excellent condition! Question... did anyone else get a ammo can and belt? Mine was not included, they are advertising them with the parts kit on Centerfire's web site.  Did they forget mine?

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 05 2013 at 10:45pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Colww, one other member is missing the belt and can as well. I will get it squared Monday!

Also, barrels are delayed a bit, the barrel maker is having equipment problems but production will resume shortly.

colww

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: January 06 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote colww

Thank you Mech.

PKw VI Tiger1

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: January 25 2013 at 2:31am | IP Logged Quote PKw VI Tiger1

Just looking to see if there is an update on the barrels and when they should be shipping.
View PKw VI Tiger1's Profile Search for other posts by PKw VI Tiger1

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 25 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

PKw VI Tiger 1 wrote: Just looking to see if there is an update on the barrels and when they should be shipping.

I just got word today that they should be shipping mid February at the latest! He is doing the PK series first, which were bought 1st, followed by these! The PK's start to head out the door next week!!!

Woodey

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: January 25 2013 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote Woodey

That's good news, can't wait for the new barrel.
View Woodey's Profile Search for other posts by Woodey

colww

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: January 26 2013 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote colww

Mech. Thank You for taking care of my missing can and belt ,received it within a week! Thanks again.

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 11 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version