Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 23 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 23

We have 0 member(s), 9 spiders, 23 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (54):

DIY M6 Scout
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  MUGS

Private
Private

Posted: November 24 2012 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote MUGS

I saw a post here a while back on interest in a DIY M6 Scout and thought I would start a thread on my ground up build of a couple.  These are sligtly longer and a little beefier than the original.  Like the original, they break down the same and have ammo storage in the stock.  Both have been test fired without incident.  Additional pics to follow soon.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View MUGS's Profile Search for other posts by MUGS

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Very nice! I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Also; WELCOME!!!! Enjoy.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

MUGS

Private
Private

Posted: November 24 2012 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote MUGS

Thanks for the feedback.

deracs

Private
Private

Posted: November 25 2012 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote deracs

Very nice!

Are you going off plans, reverse engineering one, or just eyeballing and guestimating off images?

View deracs's Profile Search for other posts by deracs

MUGS

Private
Private

Posted: November 26 2012 at 4:10pm | IP Logged Quote MUGS

It was all guesswork.  I shot one years ago and always wanted one.  I only live about ten miles from Springfield Armory and knew the M6 was no longer being manufactured, so I decided to try and make a similar style firearm.  Mine is longer by about five inches and is a little heavy, weighing in around 8 lbs.  It has the similar features as the original, such as the horn lock, break barrel action, barrel selector knob and on board ammo storage but in no way is an exact copy. 

wikid of Oz

Private
Private

Posted: November 26 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged Quote wikid of Oz

They look awesome. I'll be following this thread closely. The M6 has been a favourite of mine for many years and I kick myself for not getting one while I had the chance
View wikid of Oz's Profile Search for other posts by wikid of Oz

MUGS

Private
Private

Posted: November 27 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote MUGS

I hear you.  I know someone that has one and unfortunately would never part with it.  My next build is going to be a single shot .410 handgun in the style of the Leinad Derringer but with the look of a semi-auto handgun. 

Nocebo

Private
Private

Posted: March 13 2014 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote Nocebo

I am interested in building them for sale. Any research done to find out about the licensing or legality of that?
View Nocebo's Profile Search for other posts by Nocebo

Nocebo

Private
Private

Posted: March 13 2014 at 8:43am | IP Logged Quote Nocebo

I should have said first, "bully, bully" that is amazing! You did GREAT!

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: March 13 2014 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Nocebo wrote:
I am interested in building them for sale. Any research done to find out about the licensing or legality of that?

If you are building them as complete guns for sale in the US, you would need a manufacturing FFL.  If you are going to make an incomplete gun kit, and the user does some final work, like drilling trigger holes, etc, you would need to send a kit to the BATFE Technical Branch and request a letter informing you that the kit is not a firearm and is therefore not under their jurisdiction.  Then there's the matter that the design itself may be patented or trademarked, so you'd need to research that, or modify the design enough so that it doesn't trespass on the patent or trademark.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Nocebo

Private
Private

Posted: March 14 2014 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Nocebo

We have an FFL but need the plans for it. I'm not sure where to try searching for the plans or if it is still patented. Any ideas?

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: March 14 2014 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

The last folks to build it I think was Springfield Armory.  I'd start with them, ask them if they have plans to build more.  If no, start asking more questions.  Would do you no good to find out you can make it, start making it, and then they reopen the production line & squash you like a bug.

wikid of Oz

Private
Private

Posted: November 18 2014 at 7:27am | IP Logged Quote wikid of Oz

backbencher wrote:
The last folks to build it I think was Springfield Armory.  I'd start with them, ask them if they have plans to build more.  If no, start asking more questions.  Would do you no good to find out you can make it, start making it, and then they reopen the production line & squash you like a bug.

<div style="display: none; visibility: ; opacity: 0;" id="lb"><div style="display: none;" id="lbCenter"><div id="lbImage"><div style="display: none;" id="lbBottomContainer"><div id="lbBottom"><div id="lbCaption"><div id="lbNumber"><div style="clear: both;">

I contacted Springfield Armoury about 10 years ago. They said CZ used to make them under license for Springfield but that it ran out and there was no plans to make them again. I always kick myself for passing on one soo many years ago
View wikid of Oz's Profile Search for other posts by wikid of Oz

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: November 19 2014 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Nocebo has asked the same question in a different thread:

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10441

If anyone has one, are there any patents listed on the bbl rollmark?

Inkfideltattoo

E-3
E-3

Posted: October 19 2015 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote Inkfideltattoo

Always wanted one of these, just saw the prices on used ones and they're not cheap. Id love to have one or a similar model
View Inkfideltattoo's Profile Search for other posts by Inkfideltattoo

Popawdon

E-3
E-3

Posted: January 13 2017 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote Popawdon

Henry owns the patent now...
View Popawdon's Profile Search for other posts by Popawdon

colww

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: January 13 2017 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote colww

That post is from 2 years ago.....just saying...
View colww's Profile Search for other posts by colww

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version