Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 36 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 36

We have 0 member(s), 8 spiders, 36 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (118):

New Tiger1 ZB37 Semi Mod
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  PKw VI Tiger1

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: December 29 2012 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote PKw VI Tiger1

This is a work in progress as of yet, I have so far figured out how to modify the trigger group to allow it's continued use as the charging handle. I have not modified my group completely to make it semi only yet since that has not been built. So here it is:

I know it doesn't look like much but it will work. Because of how the group works as built this, what I'll call "charging switch assembly," on the outside is the hardest part to do for the mod.

This is how it operates. When you push the group forward to engage with the bolt carrier/operating rod you push in on the charging switch pad with your finger. The charging switch rod turns up and engages with the charging notch that has been added (either by welding an engagement surface on or making one by other means but it must not allow the sear to engage it) in front of where the sear was (which has previously been ground off so the sear will not engage). To charge, pull back on the group while depressing the switch pad. When fully to the rear release the pad and the switch return spring will pull the rod out of engagement allowing the bolt carrier to go forward. At the same time the sear will engage the striker holding it back. A rod will have to be welded into where the screw at the bottom is to block placement of a FA sear, my group has not been completely modified yet.

This is the stock sear and the only part that really needs to be modified much. The bar that is on the bottom is the FA engagement surface. All that needs to be done is to grind it off but leave the two nubs on the side to guide the disconnector.

To allow you to take the group out of the gun, you need to let the trigger button at least turn to the FA position so that it cams the disconnector down and out of the way for disassembly (which is convenient for my Romanian ZB37 which has that position marked D). no mods are really needed for it because the modified group will not allow an unmodified sear to be installed.

To block replacement with a FA group, there will be a small nub added to the underside edge of the outer receiver. A groove will have to be cut for it on the upper side of the handle attachment points on the housing.

One note is that in order to remove the group from the gun you will have to manually press the sear down from the inside with this mod since the FA position can no longer depress it.

More to come as I figure this thing out.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View PKw VI Tiger1's Profile Search for other posts by PKw VI Tiger1

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 29 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Nice. You have raised my curiosity! I am going to study the pictures closer!
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

machinist89

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 30 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote machinist89

Very helpful design detail. Thanks for posting. I will study this closely too. Yes dismantling the trigger group is tricky and will be the subject of my next post when I return from vacation. M89
View machinist89's Profile Search for other posts by machinist89

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 27 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Too be honest....I have looked at this several times, i really wish our barrels would get done so you can show us more while we are still young!

I am hoping in the next month.....or 2.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"

PKw VI Tiger1

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: October 27 2013 at 11:20pm | IP Logged Quote PKw VI Tiger1

I've gotten the receiver welded with the necessary blocks in place, modified the carrier, made a new firing pin, and am in the process of making a set of strikers at the machine shop where I work now in my off time. It "should" work fairly soon.

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 27 2013 at 11:31pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

I can't wait! I heard that the carrier and bolt were super hard and like too eat end mill bits.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October 29 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Mech warrior wrote:
I can't wait! I heard that the carrier and bolt were super hard and like too eat end mill bits.

Tialn did just fine on mine .

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 29 2013 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

bikergunnut wrote: Tialn did just fine on mine

Good too know!

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 05 2015 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Just reminising....did you make a few strikers?

PKw VI Tiger1

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: January 06 2015 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote PKw VI Tiger1

I made one but it didn't work properly so it needs a redesign and I have not had time to work any further on it. Other things have been getting in the way.

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 06 2015 at 12:47am | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Just curious. Not like I have time right now either but ya never know when I can squeeze in a few minutes here and there so I figured I would ask.

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version