Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 32 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Mac-In-The-Box Project
Weaponeer Forums : MAC and Cobray weapons (M11/9mm and MAC10)

Posted in MAC and Cobray weapons (M11/9mm and MAC10)
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  10mmThumper

Private
Private

Posted: October 25 2014 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote 10mmThumper

gww250 wrote:

I looked at the video a couple of times and in one frame it looks like an ejected case is split down the side. These MPA guns are very well built so what do you suppose was going on in this vid? This looks totally abnormal to me and I can't imagine a bolt doing a big double-take like that. I think the recoil spring was way to soft or the loads way to hot.

Actually there is another video of a kid who takes his MAC outside to try and get it to trigger bounce and the same thing happens. The semi bolt is already heading back when the hammer hits it and the case (unsupported) explodes, slightly injuring his hand.

Here: Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFriROpZUU

Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8dCmgh-T1w

Note: Round stuck in barrel from low pressure. Case blasted him with hot brass fragments and burning powder
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View 10mmThumper's Profile Search for other posts by 10mmThumper

camosoul

Private
Private

Posted: October 30 2014 at 2:04am | IP Logged Quote camosoul

gww250 wrote:
As to that trunnion question. Yes they are solid blocks of steel. .75-inches thick for the M10.,45 and M10/9mm and .625-inches thick for the later 11/9 and .380 models. They are drilled for the barrel threads, front to back and drilled for the front take-down pin side to side. I'm really surprised that these aren't sold separately by the part suppliers but I guess that just forces a person into buying an entire upper. I'll put together some good drawings of these and get some quotes from machine shops just to see about how much they could be built for. I'm guessing around $65 in small runs.

I had a very similar idea for a MAC based square tube gun, but I abandoned it when I found out that tubing manufacturers don't follow spec, at all... I've recently come back to the drawing board on a shee tmetal concept I recently "discovered." But, seeing this box build is very inspiring. So much of what I was thinking myself...

I would love to get decent drawings of the M11/9mm trunnion. I've eyeballed my sloppily cut and sloppily welded one... 3D model reflects, uh, yeah...

I know I could get them for WAY cheaper than $65. I would also not do a short run...
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View camosoul's Profile Search for other posts by camosoul

camosoul

Private
Private

Posted: October 30 2014 at 4:14am | IP Logged Quote camosoul

gww250 wrote:

Also found out while doing research that MPA actually has a good SA hammer that solves the problems of the original SWD design so I ordered one to see what it's like in person.

http://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa930-16d/

MPA Website linked above wrote:

The disconnect is a consumable item and will need to be replaced. The life of the disconnect depends on the length of barrel of your MPA model, caliber and type of ammo. Life expectancy will be in the 600-1200 rounds range.

Say wut?
View camosoul's Profile Search for other posts by camosoul

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 30 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Must be chinese steel.

It is probably because it is not hardned and will take a beating. Longer barrel and bigger caliber will beat it harder so it will wear faster.

Can't say for sure but thats what I speculate.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

10mmThumper

Private
Private

Posted: November 01 2014 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote 10mmThumper

gww250 wrote:

I'm also working on a Lage Max-11 type upper for this receiver but that'll be a separate thread along with another version of an upper I saw at a shoot last year. I'll be using Monel for the bolt ballast weight and hopefully putting two recoil rods and springs in the upper part of the upper receiver along with some type of bolt rails.

I'm trying to get something that has a wider rate of fire adjustment range than some of the presently available options for people who have a documented select fire lower.

Ok, This is making me really HOT! With an adjustable bolt weight, the dwell time and cycle time can be varied for different cartridges! An extremely heavy weight for cartridges like full power 10mm to keep them in time for blowback use and a light weight bolt weight (Lage offers an aluminum one) for cartridges like 9mm to slow them to a pleasant rate so that the muzzle returns to point of Aim at the same time the bolt cycles closed.

PLEASE continue with the Lage upper project for the tube receiver! I will be at least your one Devoted fan!

Today (Saturday) I am going out to buy 12 ga Rec tubing.
View 10mmThumper's Profile Search for other posts by 10mmThumper

Puke

Private
Private

Posted: January 10 2016 at 12:03am | IP Logged Quote Puke

gww250 wrote:

Don't want to sound like a sour-puss but I'm starting to understand why people don't bother to complete their photo-documentations of build projects as there isn't a whole lot of interest in most of these projects after a brief period of time. With the exception of Blurrededge nobody has offered to help move this build a little further down the line and that's kind of disappointing as I joined this site because it seemed like the most 'builder-oriented' site out there. Maybe I'm just expecting more help from the members than I should be but I don't want to post any blueprints unless there is some serious interest in this type of build. Slowing down to take these pictures is a pain in the butt and I might just do as others have done and just post a link to the final product and be done with it.

I joined this site just to watch this build. I for one thank you kind Sir.

View Puke's Profile Search for other posts by Puke

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: January 10 2016 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

I've just read this entire thread, it has been extremely interesting and informative, I had no idea there was so much variation in parts over the years on what is a very simple yet effective design.

I would love to have a crack a building one, though it would have to be a 9mm PAK blank firing version unfortunately, as I'm far too pretty for jail

Well done gww250 for all the hard work
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

Backoff

Private
Private

Posted: January 12 2016 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote Backoff

Hey bud, awsome build! did you ever make those PDFs templates you spoke of makeing? Thanks!
View Backoff's Profile Search for other posts by Backoff

Flacko

Private
Private

Posted: February 20 2016 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote Flacko

@ gww250

Very interesting thread. I really enjoyed reading it, nice to see that people try to improve things or find new ways to build the same gun

Do you have the PDFs Backoff mentioned ?

View Flacko's Profile Search for other posts by Flacko

<< Prev Topic MAC and Cobray weapons (M11/9mm and MAC10) Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 19
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version