Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 26 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 26

We have 0 member(s), 8 spiders, 26 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (44):

PPS 43 9MM
Weaponeer Forums : PPS43

Posted in PPS43
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  izzopizzo85

Private
Private

Posted: March 15 2013 at 11:08pm | IP Logged Quote izzopizzo85

will a pps 43 magazine feed 9mm ammo without modification.  and does anything need to be converted other than the barrel?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View izzopizzo85's Profile Search for other posts by izzopizzo85

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 15 2013 at 11:50pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

izzopizzo85, yes the 43 mag will feed the 9mm no problem. No, only a 9mm barrel is needed for it to function in the PPS 43. I moved your post also.

I put it in a better location for more possible input from others!

I know 2 guys who i have sold semi auto FCG's too, that are running the 9mm, only a barrel swap.
Funny x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

CharlyArmy

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 31 2013 at 12:33am | IP Logged Quote CharlyArmy

I just did a 9mm conversion of the PPS-43. I posted what I did on the AK Files in the gunsmithing section.

I have a PPS-43 Pistol that, of course, fired the 7.62x25 pistol round. With that ammo getting scarce and expensive, I decided to convert the gun to 9mm NATO.

I used a KP-44 barrel, and all the was needed was some minor modifications and it slipped right in. It uses the original bolt and magazines without any mods to them at all.

Here are the pictures of the process.

Original PPS-43 barrel on top, KP-44 barrel on bottom

First operation was to turn the muzzle down to .529 in order to slip into the muzzle brake.

Next was to reduce the diameter of the barrel on the chamber end and to reduce the thickness of the flange.

Last step was to mill the clearance for the barrel trunnion. Using a mill was nice, but this can easily be done with a hand file, which I used for the final touch up.

Completed barrel modifications.

Barrel has been touched up with cold blue.

Another pic of the flange. You can see the relief cut where the barrel and flange meet.

9mm rounds loaded in the 7.62x25 magazine. The rounds did not "walk" and all rounds fed without a problem. Magazines will hold 34 rounds.

9mm round in the unmodified PPS-43 bolt. Fits perfect. (Box of my reloads)

Barrel inserted into the trunnion.

Barrel assembled with the receiver.

KP-44 barrel is slightly longer than the original PPS-43 barrel, which is why the muzzle diameter needed to be reduced.

This pin is the only thing you need to remove in order to get the barrel out. Save it and reuse it.

Test fired 4 magazines thru this and not a single problem. A simple adjustment of the elevation was all that was needed. I removed the hinge pin between the upper and lower receiver and drilled it out to 1/4 inch. I'll use a bolt to hold them together. A bolt will allow me to separate the upper and lower for easier cleaning
View CharlyArmy's Profile Search for other posts by CharlyArmy

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 31 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

There have been issues with using a bolt to be able to separate the uppers and lowers.

I have detent pins that i was going to offer along with my FCG's that i make. I was told that ATF wants the uppers and lowers "permanently" attached to prevent an original auto lower from being installed.

We have talked about this very thing on several forums and so far everyone agrees, better safe then sorry. Might want to check on that before using a bolt.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

Private
Private

Posted: August 18 2013 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote 19732009

salve e disponibile la canna e bullone ??
View 19732009's Profile Search for other posts by 19732009

Private
Private

Posted: August 18 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote 19732009

salve e disponibile la canna e bullone ??
View 19732009's Profile Search for other posts by 19732009

<< Prev Topic PPS43 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version