Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
7 members and 37 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 44

We have 7 member(s), 6 spiders, 37 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
JamesDor, reonfubrolo, flyman, GuestAcumn, UKBiker, Mariaslemy, Michaelmib

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (148):
Mariaslemy, flyman, MikeDub, reonfubrolo, JamesDor, UKBiker, GuestAcumn, Michaelmib, Guestinoni, Murasnasp, empisypeSpeancy, Altessy, soriissuend, voldjeoveaM, fefAdmike, tesPexengexia, Emissoksattib, PerLipBeilirl, FugJertantara, HoxiasillHist, olgapy4, JessieVer, Guestwhalm, ThomasDup, KSenKib, bbrown, MikeTiceinjes, Udachaavafe, margerymd18, FoneeZexCot, KeypeBreelty, Rafaelbar, ArruvAncet, YeseniaBug, ConradCit, rulmiriucculkiz, Eleanornes, sharlenetw4, Douglasfug, Andreasadr, Rardgreeddy, jordandw2, mereebova, erolerenelo, PeterGor, marissalv2, uplikigue, tammicv3, leonorrw16, BikamzTudge, Skiller, soniafo69, jimdoc, mbwillys, ZharesRef, RaymondZet, AndrewLen, ArzbbAncet, backbencher, elvaiv2, crazybushman, Metaldesign, Paraquat, Harryprozy, AwizgAncet, Andreasbhr, Davidkal, ds1948, HeroHog, RichardShism, AacgzAncet, traktorIgnip, ElbertTus, 11millimeter, KYJohn, TeamVega, AwophAncet, bikergunnut, rizovia, DoctorGaB, a144.co.il, Megantuh, PeterFub, azotas, RaymondPum, SABRINAMut, Intelflyer, Andreaszzo, AxdkaAncet, RichardSob, Frankclisa, janiceSarlc80, Dennispox, AzbqmAncet, Andreasxhn, charmdatekmq, AghbeAncet, GeorgeJB, ConnieKig, Max_, Jusimap, KristanCoumn, Bretlboins, AjlstAncet, AvhqrAncet, Merbertmuh, charmdateemu, charmdateqvq, AuvgvAncet, Jamesdus, Jakub.cr, HarryLix, EROjadance, VKT17, hawocewuw, mmspurg, ArhyqAncet, vitriTourl, EdwardNab, Vincentmophy, charmdatewkj, TRAVELOl, m1a76251, nelaouimetmaria, AdmdvAncet, markserbu, 357ross, Black Beard, KevinAbody, janiceSarts75, FinadroTudge, AobbaAncet, Smegma, LedesireDiava, RENTAOl, LanceTyday, REALESTATEOl, Alvinmag, xano, cathyuc60, Brian121, NEWSOl, Belkovec, Richardram, VictorLiz, AfxreAncet, AlluschuKic, josephpo

t20 Garand / M1+BAR mag
Weaponeer Forums : Garand Rifle

Posted in Garand Rifle
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  30cal

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:21pm | IP Logged Quote 30cal

my 2 cents,

I have heard a lot about this conversion being done to the Garand to accept BAR mags. I was hooked on the idea immediately! In my mind the ultimate weapon.

so about 4 months later shes ready for field testing!

Now for all the haters that bring up the failure of the t20 and the destruction of a Garand.

I personal believe the t20 would still be here today if not for there is almost no way to make the BAR mag work without significant modification to the magazine, but with some material removed from the top front of the magazine the bolt has clearance and seems to feed rounds fine.

as for the destruction of a Garand i used a Century arms receiver and a water damaged stock.

I will be posting vids of it in action

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View 30cal's Profile Search for other posts by 30cal

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: May 24 2013 at 1:16am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Nice

Looking forward to seeing more on this.

Any chance of seeing some more detail pics of what you've done?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

30cal

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:04am | IP Logged Quote 30cal

thanks
as soon as i finish it out, still little ruff

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: May 24 2013 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

What stock is that, well actually should say what folding stock is that?

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: May 24 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Hey 30:  I dig the look on that on, mines a little more traditional w/ a bipod and flash hider. Don't let the haters get you downThere were enough Garrand rec.s left over by the end of Korea that using 1 or 2 for a project
isn't a bad thing.  As for stocks they should have seen how many were destroyed unissued in the mid 70's. stock are also readily avlb.

If you were cutting down an orig 1st issue Garrand i could see it but using what you are using to repo a very cool variation is a great idea.

As for mags we had to do the same remove a little from the top front
and modded up a new guide rod for the main spring.
Also cut two small feed channels in the rec. below the chamber mouth.
 material was removed from the inside of the rec. to accommodate the mag.  Modding the trigger housing also to accommodate a mag. and release.

every once in a while she has a feed jam but not often.

Hell we have a Garrand that was a labor of love. She was dug up in the Ardens forrest lost at the Battle of the Bulge.
The rec was about all that was left and was completely caked in what we thought was rust. After soaking in a solvent tank for several days my father took a screwdriver to scrape it and see if the rust would release.
The first chunk that came off wasn't rust  but clay!!!
the outside of the rec. has some rust pitts but is in decent shape, and the inside was completely preserved due to the clay.  Soooo we rebuilt her and alot of people helped by donating parts to see a WWII relic back to running condition. She is not the prettiest Garrand out there but she tells a better story.

Anyway sometimes i ramble   Do what you like as long as your not cutting up a museum quality piece screw em.
   Very cool look on your T-20  If you are anywhere near AZ. we can get together and compare.
Ryche
View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

30cal

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote 30cal

the folder is butler creek for mossberg shotgun
i bedded it with pc epoxy and release agent so it fits like it was made for it.

ryche u need to post some pics!

im out here in TX but i would like to see what you got there

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Well that looks like a really good job
The stock looks like it came out the factory like it.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

30cal

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote 30cal

thanks

nacht

MSG
MSG

Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged Quote nacht

You might can prolong your operating rod by doing this......drill a 1/8 inch hole in the bottom of the gas cylinder at the point the piston is when the bolt has just unlocked from the receiver.

This will allow un-needed gas to exit from the gas cylinder and lesson the rear impact of the operating rod.

I did this on my 7.62 NATO caliber M-1 Garand Tanker.  Recoil was so low I could shoot it one handed like a pistol.

View nacht's Profile Search for other posts by nacht

30cal

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 25 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote 30cal

thanks, i bought the adjustable gas plug, going to give it a try.

67namvet

Private
Private

Posted: July 23 2013 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote 67namvet

Hello 30 cal

Where are you in Texas, I would love to see what you have done.
I have two Garands but can't bring myself to change either.  Am
thinking of getting a barreled receiver from CMP to use.  I am in the
DFW area but still not too old to drive.
View 67namvet's Profile Search for other posts by 67namvet

<< Prev Topic Garand Rifle Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version