Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 52 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 52

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 52 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (51):

My boots have died
Weaponeer Forums : Foot Locker

Posted in Foot Locker
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Slowhand

SFC
SFC

Posted: September 25 2013 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote Slowhand

You gotta love it when the clothing and shoe manufacturing people make things for the "average size" person. In my prime I was 6'8" and 245#, at that time it was very difficult finding anything that fit proper. Over time some enterprising people realized there were bigger and taller people around and begun to make larger sizes. In the infinite wisdom of the State Of Michigan (my employer for over 35 years) paired me with the shortest employee that worked for the state. He was my supervisor for four years and hated every Mutt and Jeff joke ever pulled off. After seven and a half decades, arthritis, spinal stenosis and an abused back have taken their toll on my stature, but I still need big shoes and long pants and shirts that have long sleeves. Above all I still love to build guns, do machine work and bench rest shooting for accuracy. My hunting days are very limited, but I have a lot of memories of good hunts.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: September 26 2013 at 1:10am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

6'8" 245lb, and size 14EEE Feet

What are you the Sasquatch?

Seriously though, it's crazy that clothing & footwear manufacturers don't think "hey some people are really different and we need to accommodate them"

Whilst I'm a short arse compared to you with dainty little feet, (5'10" 185lb, size 8 feet) but it's all the weight is in my neck, shoulders and chest.

Finding shirts with a collar that fits is a nightmare.

My collar size is 18", so if I do find a shirt that fits the neck, the chest is for a real fat knacker and on a windy day I look like a "tea clipper in full sail" ,to quote a friend.

But I did a quick search for size 14 footwear over in the UK, and I have found plenty of size 14 boots and such like. The UK seems to have more people with big feet, so I think there is more on offer.

I am more than happy to get a pair of boots or shoes for you and send them over.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 26 2013 at 4:56am | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

This thread is starting to remind me of the sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker, and Ronnie Corbett. Guess where I'm standing  

Five foot feck all, and 120lbs these days and I think I'm shrinking with age  If I live long enough I'll be a speck, like the old fifties B movie "The incredible shrinking man" At least I'll be able to get kids clothes on the way down though  

It's got better slightly over recent years as more clothing manufacturers have worked out that not everyone is average, but it can still be a pin in the butt.

I've just managed to score a new pair of British Army issue cold weather boots tested to minus 12C Goretex lined fully waterproof leather, in size 5 for the princely sum of £30 good old ebay.

View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: September 26 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

What you mean like this

http://youtu.be/0JSahEDRjvw

I can't find the original sketch, in a version short enough to post here, but I found the new one with Stephen Fry.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 26 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

I hadn't seen that one before. I used to find Stephen Fry quite irksome for many years, but since he started hosting QI I've grown to find him quite humourous.

I remember when I was at boarding school aged about 15 one of my friends was 6 feet 8 inches tall, and I was 4 feet 8 inches tall, he had an extra long bed specially imported from an American airbase, and the laundry lady had sewn an extra couple of feet onto his duvet. She used to sew the bits from my jeans onto the bottom of his after she'd shortened mine to fit.

They did an "apple pie bed" on me one night and I got in without noticing and slept through the night, I only found out in the morning when they told me about it

I did have a distinct advantage though whenever we used to go caving or climbing as I could use all manner of routes that the other lads weren't able to.

View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: September 27 2013 at 2:09am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

I have to say I'm glad I'm in the middle, not too tall, and not too short.

Although, sometimes I have to get my wife to attach the PTO shaft on the tractor, as my shoulders do not allow me to fit between the machine and the tractor.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

<< Prev Topic Foot Locker Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version