Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 29 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 31

We have 2 member(s), 8 spiders, 29 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
franciscd69, franciscd69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (119):

BGN’s Wiselite build
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 31 2011 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Jayhovers wrote:
Anyone installed the blocking bar yet?  There is an internal rail that would be ideal to position the bar but the CD pictures do not show the bar.  Or, what is the measurement from the top or bottom of the receiver?  Thanks

Getting there soon. The block needs to be set by the grip assembly. there is also reference to a pin that looks like we need to add it as another block for the original grip. The block should fit in the groove with a little fitting. Some of the groove needs to be welded in as blocking for the grip as well. Some of this build needs to be "fit this part there" do I'm sure to how these were originally made. I found a couple given measurements that don't work out so be careful,"measure twice, cut once". Did you open the pdf files in the CD? LOTS of pics in there .

Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 15 2011 at 1:02am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Making some more progress. Got the middle section in and ready to fill in low spots. Using a bunch of scrap alluminum as backer and seems to be going pretty good. Not worthy of a pic at this point . Burned up my small H.F. grinder learning to weld .
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 15 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Finally had some shop time yesterday. Got it all stuck together. Gotta do some grinding to check fit the parts. Then the blocking bar then finish up welding.

Anybody else working on these ?

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 15 2011 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

bikergunnut wrote:

Finally had some shop time yesterday. Got it all stuck together. Gotta do some grinding to check fit the parts. Then the blocking bar then finish up welding.

I didn't have the money to buy the semi-parts kit for mine yet...  

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 22 2011 at 1:33am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

weaponeer wrote:
bikergunnut wrote:

I didn't have the money to buy the semi-parts kit for mine yet...  

Me either, I used the card . Got some more mods done today. Grinding done till after final welding. Machine work in my spare time for awhile .

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 11 2011 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Had a week in school and a guest for a week then a week catchin up around the house. Finally got some machining done tonight .

The semi kits went fast isn't anybody else getting more done than me?

Swiss

E-3
E-3

Posted: April 12 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged Quote Swiss

So what have you found to be the most critical part so far?
I spoke with the fellow at Wiselite that made the instructional video and he mentioned the placement of the u-shaped piece of steel as a critical issue when welding.
View Swiss's Profile Search for other posts by Swiss

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 12 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

If you mean the two receiver pieces,more like "v's" to me, I would call it more of a pain in the butt . I had to cut them off twice.

slowfinger

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 12 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote slowfinger

What dimentions are you guys using? Or are we suppost to use the exsiting parts to fit the receiver together? Does the instructional video show a completed receiver? I haven't had time to look at ours.
View slowfinger's Profile Search for other posts by slowfinger

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 12 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Watch the video for reference then print all the pdf's. I put the parts with the pages to keep things organized. As things get done toss the pages. There are a bunch of measurements but sneak up on em while check fitting. They have all worked out so far but there is alot of "this goes there so modify that then this part can go in too". The receiver only has one really important dimension and that's making sure the carrier lock needs to be fitted and make sure all the internal rails are aligned and square. First time around I paid too much attention to the outside and the inside was off . As long as it goes on the mount and the topcover works the outside don't matter much pay attention to the inside.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 12 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

P.S. to answer Slowfinger, there are pics comparing the submitted sample to ATF's sample (receiver and other parts) which helps a bit with before and after.

Jayhovers

Private
Private

Posted: October 31 2011 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote Jayhovers

Need some help disassembling the top cover.  I removed the pin and rear sight but the plunger for the rear sight  refuses to budge.  So - how does the plunger come off? 
View Jayhovers's Profile Search for other posts by Jayhovers

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 01 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Kind of like a chinese puzzle box, you have to push the plunger towards the site opening till you can slide out the belt feed guide, then ease off on the plunger and it slides out in 3 peices(plunger spring and guide). It's a pretty stout spring so be careful.

Some reason can't upload pics right now so let me know if you need more info .

Jayhovers

Private
Private

Posted: November 01 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote Jayhovers

That spring is a bear to compress.  Finally got it off.  So with the piston removed to make room for the striker, how to you keep the feed mech. in place? 

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 01 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Look at the pics on the first page of the group buy thread. It seems to show a modification to the part that holds it on (plunger tube?). Maybe a screw? The cover seems to have a through hole at that spot. Haven't gotten that far due to construction in the garage to insulate and run power .

Jayhovers

Private
Private

Posted: December 13 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote Jayhovers

Well, its been a while, but I did it.  Finally got it all put together and  - it works.  Took it to the range and ran about 30 rounds through it.  It likes softer primers, but it still fired almost all of the surplus Yugo.

As quiet as this board has been, seems like Wiselight didn't sell very many kits.  This was my first semi kit so its been an adventure.  The video included was very good but left out some information that would have been very helpful.  For example, where to drill the hole for the recoil spring plunger in the back of the receiver.  Had to wing it, then enlarge the hole a bit to make it line up.

I'm still not sure about exactly how everything in the trigger group is suppose to work.  For example, a hole is suppose to be drilled in the front of the housing, but the trigger doesn't come anywhere near it.  Also the little additions to the sleeve don't touch anything, so I'm not sure what it was suppose to accomplish.  Having said that, it works just like its suppose to.

One other thing was the striker.  Doing tests with empty, primered cartridges, to check the striker, I left out the feed pawl, since I wasn't trying to feed it.  Primers worked well.  Then I used complete unloaded bullets to check the feeding and it worked well.  On my first time at the range, nothing but very light stikes, nothing worked.  Once back home I turned over the receiver, and low and behold, the elbow on the bottom of the feed arm was hitting the bottom of the striker.  I machined a slot for the arm in the striker and now it hits flush.

Probably one or two more function tests then I will see to making it look pretty.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 24 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Jayhovers, The hole in the housing is for a denial pin. If I remember it's only in one picture. I would add it to yours just to be safe, I'm sure it's listed on the approval letter. I would have to dig mine out to answer other issues. Glad to hear you got it ready to fire .

Hope to be back on mine soon, just about done with the remodel.

Jayhovers

Private
Private

Posted: January 04 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged Quote Jayhovers

Finally looked at the CD and the picture shows a pin machined into the trigger group plate.  The plate they sent me doesn't have the pin.  Since the welding of one inch in front of the plate and the cut made into the group housing prevents mounting an unmodified trigger group, the pin and denial hole is redundant.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 04 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Jayhovers wrote:
Finally looked at the CD and the picture shows a pin machined into the trigger group plate.  The plate they sent me doesn't have the pin.  Since the welding of one inch in front of the plate and the cut made into the group housing prevents mounting an unmodified trigger group, the pin and denial hole is redundant.

Sorry, no. The hole and pin are listed in the approval letter and thier side by side photos. To stay legal you would have to submit to ATF for an approval without the pin.

Jayhovers

Private
Private

Posted: January 06 2012 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote Jayhovers

I'll figure out how to mount a pin.  One more thing they left out of their kit.  You would thing that for over $800 they could have spent a little more time to machine the plate and make their instructions a bit more clear.

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version