Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 38 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 38

We have 0 member(s), 12 spiders, 38 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (49):

cz 26 barrels
Weaponeer Forums : CZ 26

Posted in CZ 26
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 09 2013 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote RRR1

I have just bought a cz 26 and looking for a barrel. I was wondering if anyone would know where i could find one? The only one I have found is at Indianapolis ordnance.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View RRR1's Profile Search for other posts by RRR1

Sandman

Private
Private

Posted: January 16 2014 at 7:24pm | IP Logged Quote Sandman

Needing a source for these also. Indy Ord seems way out of line for price. Any help out there?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Sandman's Profile Search for other posts by Sandman

phsarge

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: January 17 2014 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote phsarge

I'm gearing up a run of these there is a group buy which we discussed them and I got a list of these.

All the info is in that and I don't have the link on me.

I have one barrel produced and am waiting for Mech to finish checking it out on chamber Depth and such. We already got one change to make it work with everything for semi auto.

Look there or email me. I am hoping to get to these here real soon.

Thanks
sarge
View phsarge's Profile Search for other posts by phsarge

cabal2600

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 15 2014 at 10:49pm | IP Logged Quote cabal2600

Where you guys been before??
the VZ24/26 barrels was available 5 years ago all over,now all imported kits have torch cutted barrels not mentioned tubes..

All USA made barrels for SMG system is garbage,they might be machined but not thermaly threated...
To finish particular barrel you need 1st machine to heat threat interior of barrel rifling area,2nd lead lapping rifling area and after clean it and chrome line it to prevent corrosion from corrosive types of ammo....

Always remember that's barrels get heat threated from inside not outside,outside barrel remains raw....

All barrels get heatthreated and cool neather in mineral oil or machine oil only...
This is also recquires special machine that's contains spiral assembly....

To rifle a barrel you need major stuff but lathe is number one machinery that's recquires different barrel different lathe size...
Second you need to convert lathe with machine oil cooling attachment at rear and tail stock must become with turret elevation....

Only barrel blank is rotating drill bit is not moving and get cooled with machine oil at high oil pressure....

The next important thing is drill bit,the regular drill bit is a no go bit for barrel drilling,it recquires special gun drill bit or drill bit for deep drilling and they have central hole for coolant such as machine or mineral oil and tungsten tips neather single tip or multiple tips.....

ones barrel blank is drillet correctly which is 4140,4150 or full mill specses 4367/4563 all depands on aplications..

After drilling process rear area get enlarged by bigger size bit and after that both chamber and channel areas get rimmed...

As for channel it needs straight flute or spiral flute reamers and for chambers it needs special reamers to complete recquiremant for ammo casing...

first type of reamer is triangular for chamber and 2nd and third reamers are left sized counter cloak rotation reamer in order to prevent chipping....

Stage number 3 is rifling and there is 3 types of tools used Ring Adjustable Scrapes,Multihook Scrapes (with multiple inserts per 4 or 6 rifling lines,in Britain 7 lines) and finaly Rifling Button or Puanson....

Rifling process have its settings depandable or rifling thread rates like 1:9 which common in 9mm handguns,also in handguns uses 4th type of tool for rifling Broaches very similar to Buttons and rifling process is passing meaning barrel passes upward of rotating broach which rifles barrels per one single pass...

After rifling barrels get lead lapped with particular grade of abrasive powder,after that they cleaned and get thermaly threated..

After barrels thermaly threated they get lead lapped again but with finer grade of abrasive powder,after lapping process certain barrels get chrome lined and finaly outside oxidized or blued..

It is very complexed to build professional grade barrels that's will last long,some barrels are build by nanotechnological methods such as electrochemicaly by injecting alkali/electrolys solution which guided by brass inserts and in particular matters it rifles barrel with precise dimentions...

This type of barrel manufacturing less common in USA and Europe but could be abundant in countries like Japan,Korea and China science they highly depanded on nanotechnology assemblies..

The rifling buttons is not adjustable rifling tool and have particular rifling thread,adjustable tools have ability to make different rifling threads...

All gunsmithing books is outdated,single rifling hooks nolonger used in gun manufacturing and it very complexed tool because you need to build particular rifling machine with indexing rotation cycle in order to complete 4 or 6 rifling lines but by how many turns??
View cabal2600's Profile Search for other posts by cabal2600

phsarge

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 16 2014 at 1:33am | IP Logged Quote phsarge

We are starting with pre rifled blanks.

The chrome lining can be done away with with use of ceramics. Or just cleaning. Hard to find a place that will chrome line them now adays that has time and will do a decent cost for a small run.

Barrel blanks are on the way will have final pricing and such on these shortly.

As you were saying about the tubes as well being cut. Those are being made as well.
View phsarge's Profile Search for other posts by phsarge

cabal2600

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: March 16 2014 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote cabal2600

The VZ26 tubes are not same size as original been sold,those that sold are much shorter and is nogo for rebuilding....

Try prexis website they sell whole bunch of stuff like that,Terry been making lots of stuff and he always busy...
View cabal2600's Profile Search for other posts by cabal2600

Coujer

Private
Private

Posted: April 22 2014 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote Coujer

Hi guys, I found someone selling a parts box with bunch of extra non used parts for the cz24/26. It has 3 barrels, 1 bolt, bunch of magazines and other misc parts. I don't know if anyone would be interested in splitting it up, I only want a barrel and trunnion as I can't have the magazines in California so they can't ship it to me.
View Coujer's Profile Search for other posts by Coujer

oi789

Private
Private

Posted: April 23 2014 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote oi789

Coujer
I would like to share these parts. PM me the details.
View oi789's Profile Search for other posts by oi789

<< Prev Topic CZ 26 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version