Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 34 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 34

We have 0 member(s), 5 spiders, 34 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (48):

Royal tiger imports
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 13 2013 at 11:04pm | IP Logged Quote RRR1

Has any one here delt with royal tiger before? i was planing on ordering a parts kit trough them but ive never done any business with then, and dont know how they treat their customers.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View RRR1's Profile Search for other posts by RRR1

frogforge

E-2
E-2

Posted: December 14 2013 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote frogforge

I recently ordered a CZ SA26 kit from RT, and the kit was a nice compliment to the one I got from Apex because it had the 2 ends of the receiver intact, but not much else of the receiver. Now to the service: I called after a few days to try and get a tracking number; talked to really nice girl who said she'd have to get the tracking # the next day because the order was being processed. Next day no return call, and answering machine only when I called them. Late that same afternoon a FedX truck drives up with my kit. ??????

I think a lot of folks have had similar experiences: maybe good product but really shaky order and customer service ops.

Take care,

David
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View frogforge's Profile Search for other posts by frogforge

RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 14 2013 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote RRR1

thanks David
I have seen old reviews saying some of the same stuff. I was kinda hoping that they would have changed scene them reviews in 08. I may go ahead and order one as long as i get the kit.

I seen that cz 26 on R.T.I. with the two end pieces it would be easy to do a build with a template. On metal depot they have the correct size tubing.

ryche

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: December 14 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote ryche

Royal Tiger is what used to be called  Inter Ordinance or IO.
Their shipping service and time out to the cust. has always been good as far as my dealings with them.  A buddy still regularly orders from them with no issues.

I never called them as most of my or his orders showed up in 3-5 days.
Ryche

View ryche's Profile Search for other posts by ryche

RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 14 2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote RRR1

I seen where people were saying they use to be IO. i never delt with IO ether. I'll just Have to see how the are for myself, ether they treat me good or they make me mad and i never deal with them again. Thanks Ryche.

Randy

NRADon

CPT
CPT

Posted: December 14 2013 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote NRADon

They're okay. I used to buy from them when they were IO. They used to have great deals on steel AK mags that were all beat up, usually a bad dent that would cause the follower to drag. All I had to do was take them apart and heat them cherry red with a torch, pop out the dents with a long-handled screwdriver, sandblast them, throw them in a bluing tank, and reassemble. They've been working great for me for over ten years now. If I remember correctly, you could pick up the dented mags for around $3-4 back when new ones were going for $10. They had a similar deal on beat up steel G3 mags at the time as well. I can't say how they are as a company these days though.
View NRADon's Profile Search for other posts by NRADon

RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 14 2013 at 8:07pm | IP Logged Quote RRR1

I hope they are a good company to deal with cause they have some decent deals id like to take advantage of. I have delt with some great companies.

Right now i'm waiting on a ak barrel from Atlantic firearms but so far i haven't even got a email from them. I don't if i'll be dealing with them again or not. But we'll see, i'll give them a few more days before i call and ask WTF i going on. Thanks Don

Randy

OldCoot

SM
SM

Posted: December 15 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote OldCoot

Was set up next to 'em at the Tulsa show back when they were IO.  Small family outfit, not a big business.  It shows in their service, but they ship good stuff.
View OldCoot's Profile Search for other posts by OldCoot

backbencher

2LT
2LT

Posted: December 16 2013 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

You dealt @ Tulsa!!

I love that show. I've bought all but one of my antiques there - including my 5 digit 1897 takedown...

NRADon

CPT
CPT

Posted: December 16 2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote NRADon

[QUOTE=RRR1] I hope they are a good company to deal with cause they have some decent deals id like to take advantage of. I have delt with some great companies.

Right now i'm waiting on a ak barrel from Atlantic firearms but so far i haven't even got a email from them. I don't if i'll be dealing with them again or not. But we'll see, i'll give them a few more days before i call and ask WTF i going on. Thanks Don

You're quite welcome, Randy. See if they still run beat up mags specials. You can get a lot of them dirt cheap and get them back in operation fairly easily. If you can't do hot bluing, a Brownells oven bake works great. I do that on aluminum mags that can't be put in the bluing tanks.

RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 16 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote RRR1

i haven't seen any beat up mags on there. if they did i would go for them. apex has a decent deal on 10 ak47 mags for $90 right now.

i haven't gotten set up for hot bluing yet, but i am after i get my shop built. i.m sick and tired of this cold bluing crap it don't work very well. and i don't really care for the look of painted receivers.

Randy

NRADon

CPT
CPT

Posted: December 17 2013 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote NRADon

RRR1 wrote:
i haven't seen any beat up mags on there. if they did i would go for them. apex has a decent deal on 10 ak47 mags for $90 right now.

i haven't gotten set up for hot bluing yet, but i am after i get my shop built. i.m sick and tired of this cold bluing crap it don't work very well. and i don't really care for the look of painted receivers.

Randy

Hot bluing over parkerizing gives a nice matte blue look with great durability.

RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 17 2013 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote RRR1

That's why i want to get set up to do it. cold bluing has no rust protection and seems to just rub off after a while. It also just don't get that dark color i like. The paint chips and scratches so easily. but hopefully soon i'll have everything set up.

Randy

OldCoot

SM
SM

Posted: December 22 2013 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote OldCoot

Get yourself a copy of Dunlap's book and look at the old German lye and ammonium nitrate salts recipe.  Their arsenals used that one from before WW1 through WW2 and it gives a very tough finish.  I've brewed a batch or two of it myself in years past.

RRR1

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 22 2013 at 5:04pm | IP Logged Quote RRR1

Do you know where i could find the Dunlap's book?

NRADon

CPT
CPT

Posted: December 23 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged Quote NRADon

RRR1 wrote:
Do you know where i could find the Dunlap's book?

It's an old one. Try Googling A&J Booksellers or A&J Books. They sell a lot of old gun books. You may even find a copy on Amazon.

OldCoot

SM
SM

Posted: December 29 2013 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote OldCoot

Last I saw, Brownell's still had it for sale.  Their Gunsmith Kinks books are also full of handy notions.

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version