Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 33 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 34

We have 1 member(s), 5 spiders, 33 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Tack26136

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (68):

CIS Ultimax 100 MK2 receiver reweld
Weaponeer Forums : Other LMG Builds

Posted in Other LMG Builds
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  SOP9

E-3
E-3

Posted: April 06 2014 at 2:30am | IP Logged Quote SOP9

Hello, all I recently joined.

Im an FFL 07/ SOT2 in the Florida Keys.

I just bought, actually traded for an Ultimax 100 MK2 SAW parts kit.

very eager to get started. I already have the manual in PDF format.

my question is on the receiver reweld. I need dimensions in order to plan the reweld. The cuts look pretty clean compared to most torch cut receivers ive seen.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone on here has had experience in these i wouldnt mind paying for the reweld.

thanks in advance.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View SOP9's Profile Search for other posts by SOP9

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: April 06 2014 at 10:39pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Wouldn't anyone rewelding this for you also have to be a FFL 07/SOT?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

SOP9

E-3
E-3

Posted: April 06 2014 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote SOP9

Technically yes. Im looking for help wether it be someone to reweld or provide help with the dimensions and some know how.

I can mark the serials as im an 07 FFL.

Thanks

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 07 2014 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

I can't help with the dimensions, but I can help with the know how.

Firstly a picture paints a thousand words, and pic of what you have laid out on a bench will help.
Without actual dimensions, it could be possible to deduce them from photographs of a complete receiver, by taking a measurement from an uncut part of you receiver, and scale from the photo, to get the rest.

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 07 2014 at 12:59am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

These are the best photo I could find

It should be possible to lift dimensions from these photos, but we first need a known dimension from your receiver.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

SOP9

E-3
E-3

Posted: April 07 2014 at 1:36am | IP Logged Quote SOP9

That actually is a great idea. Measuring from parts.
I will import these pictures into autocad. Grab some known dimensions from some parts and scale the pictures.

I might even redraw the gun when I get some time.

I used to grab dimensions from Aerial photos back in the day when I did some civil engineering drafting. Didnt even think about doing that with this project.

Thanks for the help on the dimensions issue.

But im still on the lookout for a good welder as I no good at that.

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: April 07 2014 at 12:07pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

What's holding the magazine in place?
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 07 2014 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

I was wondering that

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

SOP9

E-3
E-3

Posted: April 07 2014 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote SOP9

My Parts kit came with one 100 round drum magazine. Even better.

But it appears to have some sort of retention towards the sides only inserts about  3/4" into the magwell.

On the scaling dimensions from the pictures above. I think that is a great idea. I will insert/raster the image into autocad and scale the entire image from a few parts I will measure. I will probably end up re drawing the gun LOL. at least the exterior part.

The images are a great help.

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 07 2014 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

I am an 07ffl....I do NOT ave my SOT yet but it is in the works very shortly. I am a great welder and dohave the skill. I would love too play with that.

If you are going postie with it then you could do the form 2, mark it up with your info, then i could do gunsmithing on the rest, once my SOT shows.

Let me know.

Most likely depending on the design and such, other parts may be needed too be sure the headspace is set properly....I don't know how that is set with these as i have only seen pics.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Your welcome

At the end of the day, you'll never get it exactly what it was when it left the factory, but you'll be able to get it pretty damn close.

Please don't forget, we like photos here, and I for one would like to see this being done.

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

SOP9

E-3
E-3

Posted: June 27 2014 at 3:59am | IP Logged Quote SOP9

Havent had time to get it started. But i will post pictures once I get going.

thanks for all the help

Zuzzy

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: June 29 2014 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Zuzzy

backbencher wrote:
What's holding the magazine in place?

Some kind of dimples above the mag (see da pic),
but you need to have specially modified ar mag (with 2 holes at appropriate place).

This is a great lmg, but it has some issues regarding the feeding system, one is described above, other is that the drums are so much inferior to the belts when it comes to carrying ammo,
so it hitted so hi spots but also missed a lot, and ended up not sold and used very much.
View Zuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Zuzzy

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 29 2014 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I Love the Ultimax 100... but years ago the only kit I found was missing the receiver altogether, so I never purchased it (you always wish you did years later).

Your first search should always be for blueprints !  hear on weaponeer.net we have a lot of blueprints that have been uploaded, but you can also purchase them from companies such as http://firingpin.com/

otherwise, the parts themselves will typically guide you to the true overall length, just by piecing it all together due to bolt holes, wear marks, bolt assembly, springs buffers etc..  typically you can be a little long on most guns due to bolt travel, and in some cases you can even correct some of the problems with a design.  While your likely building yours as an NFA, in cases where you are converting to Semi-Auto you almost always are better off making the receiver longer, due to open bolt designs needing to be converted from fixed firing pin, to floating firing pin, or to hammer fired, or especially striker fired.

Another reason is changing the Rate of Fire by adding mass to the bolt assembly. Any change in the length of the bolt, should always result in the receiver being lengthened by the same amount or longer to prevent the back of the bolt striking the back of the receiver  (normally by fully compressing the action spring, which will result in the destruction of the weapon over time).  so never assume that the overall length in most designs is set in stone.  if the fire control group and the bolt assemble are perfect as well as the barrel/chamber, everything is fluid, and subject to change.

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

SOP9

E-3
E-3

Posted: September 22 2014 at 1:40am | IP Logged Quote SOP9

Mech Warrior is helping me out with the build.
We will be posting pictures, and when I get it to it I will draw up some cad / dwg drawing. Incase any one else comes across a parts kit.

I was very lucky to have gotten the kit. I didnt even think twice about buying it.

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: September 22 2014 at 11:17am | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Cool, thanks for the update

Don't run...

You'll only die tired

<< Prev Topic Other LMG Builds Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version