Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 57 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 57

We have 0 member(s), 5 spiders, 57 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (50):

Bulgarian Key Chain Gun Parts
Weaponeer Forums : Blueprints and Drawings

Posted in Blueprints and Drawings
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Chainmail

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: July 25 2014 at 7:01am | IP Logged Quote Chainmail

A disassembled Bulgarian Key Chain Gun.

It is so simple, even a non engineer like myself can see how it works!

It looks like it would be a bitch to assemble though.

B9Z1F_Key_Chain_Gun_Parts.pdf
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Chainmail's Profile Search for other posts by Chainmail

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 25 2014 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Does the button on the upper left (I'm assuming a trigger) depress both pins at once? Or does it act as a "safety" latching onto the disk on the lower right?

Nifty.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

gjohnsoniv

SSG
SSG

Posted: July 25 2014 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote gjohnsoniv

I feel like that might be a release to separate the halves? Are the two rods with holes and springs (between the halves) the triggers?
View gjohnsoniv's Profile Search for other posts by gjohnsoniv

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 25 2014 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

I think it is cocked by pulling back the ringed piece drawing back the two strikers, which are then locked by the two button pieces with small springs on them, depressing the button will line up the hole allowing the striker to be propelled forwards through it by the spring behind the strikers, the guide rods on the cocking piece keeps them lined up.
I think the larger button on the second piece allows the two parts to be slid together on the dovetail after loading, and then by pushing the button forwards allows the two parts to be separated to remove the spent shells and reload both chambers.
So you have independent firing of each chamber by simply pushing each of the two smaller buttons.
There appears to be no safety but when the thing is assembled prior to cocking the two strikers although in contact with the primers don't look to have anything that could force them forwards if it was dropped so it's probably safe enough to carry loaded.
A nice neat little self defence piece for up close and personal last resort actions.
Agree x 1
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

Chainmail

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: July 25 2014 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote Chainmail

UKBiker is correct with how this weapon works.

For what it is worth, this type of weapon fires .32 caliber cartridges, and are typically made from brass. They also appear to be "over engineered" for what they actually fire.

My understanding is that these weapons started out as secret service and espionage weapons back in the cold war era, and when the various Soviet regimes fell those who had the weapons and the blueprints for the weapons began selling them to criminals and civilians to make ends meet.

Weapons of this type have been made by criminals in many countries, including Great Britain and even ones as far afield as Australia.

Minimal machinery is needed to make these weapons. Just what you would expect for a weapon made in Soviet Bulgaria.

This video from Australia shows a law enforecement officer using a Bulgarian type key chain gun. I tried to get this to link using the link function, but it didn't work for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPa0wMY8Qq4
Agree x 1Funny x 1

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: July 26 2014 at 1:15am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPa0wMY8Qq4

Have to type the codes in yourself.

Bracketurlbrackethttp://www.thisismylink.combracket/urlbrack et
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Chainmail

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: July 26 2014 at 6:17am | IP Logged Quote Chainmail

Thanks!

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 28 2014 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

So the firing pins are hollow to suit the dowel pins on the right hand cocking mechanism?
Then the center spring must be powerful enough to overcome the two firing pin springs?

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 28 2014 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

As you pull back on the ring to cock the gun the brim of the centre piece engages with the brims of the strikers, once cocked the spring on the centre piece returns it to the bottom so that when fired the brims of the strikers don't contact the cocking piece brim.
When it is cocked the striker comes back through the trigger plungers and the spring on the plungers pushes them up locking the strikers in the cocked position
When you depress the trigger plungers the hole lines up allowing the striker to be pushed through contacting the primer when both are fired the brims of the strikers are almost in contact with the brim on the centre cocking piece which then pulls back the strikers as you re cock the weapon.

This is how I think it all works from studying the pictures of the parts. The trigger plungers cannot come out as the striker is passed through it when fired and when cocked the spring pushes the plunger upwards but it cannot come out because the pin part of the striker is still inside the plunger with the wider part resting on the back of it holding the striker springs in compression ready to push it forward when the plunger is depressed and lining the holes up again so the striker can pass through it.

It's quite a simple solution and easily strippable for cleaning etc

Chainmail

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: July 29 2014 at 7:26am | IP Logged Quote Chainmail

You are correct with your assessment on how the weapon works UKBiker.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 29 2014 at 8:07am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Ahh. That's where I was losing it...
I assumed the center nub was strictly to keep the spring captive. I didn't make the connection that it's dual purpose and that it pulls down the firing pins.
I still think it's nifty.

Thanks UK, and thanks Chainmail.
Shame it's illegal here.

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: July 29 2014 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

As built, it would be an illegal zip gun in Texas.  Think we'd have to add sights, maybe a flashlight rail to get it out of the zip gun category.  A flashlight on your keychain's pretty handy, right?  
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

northumbrian

MAJ
MAJ

Posted: July 29 2014 at 1:56pm | IP Logged Quote northumbrian

Very, very groovy.

Perfect for .22LR I think.

Thanks for this one Chainmail

It was called Schindler's List

Don't run...

You'll only die tired
View northumbrian's Profile Search for other posts by northumbrian

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 30 2014 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

northumbrian wrote:
Very, very groovy.

I was thinking of scaling it up to use .50BMG, not for any particular ballistics advantage over .22LR, mainly because it would stop me losing my keys ever again

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 30 2014 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

UKBiker wrote:
northumbrian wrote:
Very, very groovy.

I was thinking of scaling it up to use .50BMG, not for any particular ballistics advantage over .22LR, mainly because it would stop me losing my keys ever again

At what point does it stop being classified as a zip gun and start being classified as a cannon?

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 30 2014 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

Paraquat wrote:

UKBiker wrote:
northumbrian wrote:
Very, very groovy.
<br>
<br>Perfect for .22LR I think.
<br>
<br>Thanks for this one Chainmail

<br>
<br>I was thinking of scaling it up to use .50BMG, not for any particular ballistics advantage over .22LR, mainly because it would stop me losing my keys ever again
<br><br>At what point does it stop being classified as a zip gun and start being classified as a cannon?

When the key ring that holds your car keys has to be towed behind the car. 88mm ammo anyone?

buflow

Private
Private

Posted: August 02 2014 at 1:08am | IP Logged Quote buflow

How is this un cocked wilthout firing? May need to spend some time with a bit of brass and try to have one of these. Prints or drawings anywhere?
View buflow's Profile Search for other posts by buflow

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 02 2014 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

Paraquat wrote: At what point does it stop being classified as a zip gun and start being classified as a cannon?

I think that if the primer, powder, and projectile were not all self contained in 1 unit, it could at least be a legal black powder set up.

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: August 03 2014 at 5:49am | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

It would be fairly easy to convert to black powder. you could even have several "barrel" sections all loaded with primer, powder, and ball and then just slide them onto the firing pin section.
It would be pretty much the same as a cap and ball chamber arrangement as the revolvers use.
But in a two shot which slides onto the firing pin half

Chainmail

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: August 06 2014 at 2:18am | IP Logged Quote Chainmail

I was just thinking, why have the two reciever ends slide apart when you can simply have them connected by a pin and have them rotate to expose the chambers for loading?

Something similar to this would work well.

<< Prev Topic Blueprints and Drawings Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version