Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
4 members and 30 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 34

We have 4 member(s), 9 spiders, 30 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
uplikigue, katedj4, celinayy16, elsieug11

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (297):
katedj4, elsieug11, uplikigue, celinayy16, FugJertantara, fefAdmike, empisypeSpeancy, Altessy, vozysoove, tesPexengexia, irragmatraump, HoxiasillHist, Murasnasp, ExceteRem, doragz60, Black Beard, wallacexe69, fermneoroup, Tammerwourb, petHepsitEstifs, Breemedok, UnincavailmCant, Emissoksattib, voldjeoveaM, easermedo, Juitlekneentero, lorenemn16, m1a76251, soriissuend, Wraklyadula, mablefz3, EvaemodE, MichaelMor, maryannju1, bikergunnut, KeypeBreelty, alibiaEmand, reonfubrolo, FoneeZexCot, sketwolilleagek, mereebova, backbencher, erolerenelo, seanbn1, PerLipBeilirl, rulmiriucculkiz, maeqr18, tracigw1, bernadetteoy2, deenakc18, Burkingwourb, JamesNex, janellesu11, francescani1, shawnge11, bbrown, georgekb2, edgarwr1, Malinamup, Waltermox, claudetteeh3, melodyoh11, Akirgwourb, kelseyom60, victorun2, nicholasxw18, jimdoc, GermanHit, emiliabt60, Vladimirliaky, mayyg2, carmenhj4, adelayv69, yvonnejs11, isabellaav1, taylorur3, Vonniewourb, pertmors, johannapp4, tilidcino, Fragkos, rubytc18, MediaDeaw, Mcelwainewourb, charlesdn11, jeromejf1, Jeremydougs, claudebg4, beverlywk1, thomasro11, CharlesBap, enriqueyp69, APEXgunparts, bethanywz16, Buzalbinewourb, sandrafl3, adelegb2, Stephenrit, sheilama60, pearliegk60, 11millimeter, Bartysmurl, christianpe4, nanettenn1, ernakc11, Cameronnow, lucilleif11, irmaup11, Davidwhima, tonyajh2, Lornakic, graciegn18, shirleytm18, conniegg3, Brandonwar, tedyr18, denniskr60, Jeremiahwourb, melvinlf2, shannamx16, tinman19, mayrabv11, Uzitiger, inna_mphq, Jamesbar, Robertavaws, evatw11, jasminewa2, Angelenawourb, marylouva60, rosalynmv69, ekjajr, sandraxl18, ArmThePeople, evenr16, Caryretwourb, hughhn16, jaclynkq18, ryche, lesleycl1, inna_ulrl, davebe4, merlewx69, lacyal16, inna_jajt, tammyzg18, seanyw11, Jonknf, inna_txxm, toniwf18, Coronwourb, debbiefe11, ricardota60, esmeraldajn18, EvGeniTNe85, larabk11, inna_frcw, Bobcatshorn, meganrm1, inna_qiog, barbaravz18, Kalliewourb, wadexz4, elsadq4, sherylga1, inna_pxgc, alycebk60, dominiqueho11, inna_edpu, jesseak1, virgilkz3, constancejv16, Abywiswourb, Jim038, LeroyGar, ninanr18, Servicedmo, inna_gahz, shannact18, rhodaey18, wendiph11, joannalt4, Christoperwourb, sabrinaui18, roseanntf11, RobertFlimb, marshabj2, leliayl60, ingridxk18, ritael2, Dellevarwourb, leahua4, ixanobowdaleb, christyti2, lenorete60, aliciaon60, saraer1, Thomasskipt, calvinyp11, earlinemg1, anastasiajq60, louisdq16, Daniellewourb, ethelnf60, tessamb1, azotas, stephanieyn4, myragh3, inna_udwa, eugeniaom11, rosaoa16, harriettsz4, Golkreewourb, guymh4, bobhg16, carlpf4, eveoe16, inajm69, nitapj69, jessievi3, corinaer4, Jeanyopwourb, velmabt2, guyzz60, miguelmd16, belindaow11, esperanzauw69, henryza16, carlosiz1, benjaminca1, joezb69, rubyvy3, jacquelinekm4, Shaylaswara, latoyake3, janellerk18, billieym1, autumnwv4, Kosmalawourb, rayin60, harrietdg60, angelinekr60, nevafm16, christianch18, telcokrist, EugeneaPhown, Mingledorffwourb, lorrievb2, galezb18, carolyd3, tommyey18, optovkatex, cheriesc60, Arakuswourb, mariettamt16, hallieig4, christinecm69, taniakm11, ujupanenin, ohowosifiluvo, carlaqa1, Susan_Xiewresk, nancyae1, floridadon, joezv16, rosalindac3, jarednx60, Pietrowiczwourb, neilbw3, teresafm18, carolel3, jeannettelq16, karizd11, richardgt4, joankn18, Blackstalkerwourb, rachelsj4, stacyfn11, anthonywo69, christophermx18, allisonev18, Pennywourb, RobertGrown, matthewtb3, rachaelax11, randallde2, melvinjt2, nathanielio69, stevenoo2, casandrahf18, carolegj18, lawrencexh1, harveyys16, christinecs4, magdalenafd69, theresapu1, vincentek11

Converting NAA .22 cap & bull to rimfire
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  xLuty

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: September 26 2014 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote xLuty

There are two types of north american arms .22 cap and ball mini revolvers, .22lr and .22mag - They both use the same frame as the rimfire versions. They're also the same size.

I was thinking about buying the .22lr cap and ball mini revolver and trying to convert it to .22lr rimfire. Either by modifying the existing cylinder or just buying a spare cylinder made for the .22lr rimfire models. North American arms do sell replacement cylinders. They have slightly different marks and notches on them, but I think it'd fit.

Does anyone have any experience with both types of these mini revolvers and can tell me if this might work? I know they do cartridge cylinder conversions for the Pietta percussion revolvers so I imagined this wouldn't be impossible.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View xLuty's Profile Search for other posts by xLuty

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 29 2014 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

I imagine it would work, unless they've specifically engineered the different cylinders not to swap. Even then, it would probably work, but you might have to modify the frame, and replace the cylinder rotating hand & cylinder stop. Or, make your own rimfire cylinder.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

xLuty

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: October 08 2014 at 1:18am | IP Logged Quote xLuty

I've been told the cap and ball frames are the same as the rimfire ones. I've looked at photos of both cylinders and they look relatively similar. I just wonder about perhaps having to modify the hammer to rimfire. I assume for the cap model it'd be centrefire. I wonder if I could just buy one of the rimfire hammers and straight swap it in. I think this project should be do able.

Just was hoping to hear from someone who has both or at least seen both

duc748

E-3
E-3

Posted: October 09 2014 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote duc748

According to NAA, the percussion cylinder is very slightly wider than the cartridge cylinder. Same basic frame, but the percussion version has a floating firing-pin, while the cartridge version has a hole in the frame, and the hammer nose strikes the rim.

I found this info on the net.

View duc748's Profile Search for other posts by duc748

xLuty

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 18 2015 at 6:45am | IP Logged Quote xLuty

Just found out they sell kits on gunbroker to get them to fire .22LR!

All it comes with is a reamer and these weird things that sit over the end of the cartridge. I imagine that takes the place of the rimfire mechanism since it wouldn't have it.

Here's a link that should work hopefully, but just in case, I'll rehost the images too.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=47117832 1#PIC

xLuty

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: May 18 2015 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote xLuty

How hard could that be to do myself? Not likely I'm paying the one or two hundred he wanted for it, with shipping and other BS on top for that.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 18 2015 at 10:30am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

It could be done by hand w/ that reamer.  Would take you some time.  That's quite a custom reamer.

Looks like it's a job for a drill press, or the Dremel w/ the optional drill press stand.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=47117832 1

For what it does, I'd think it would be worth $100 + shipping.  Looks like it's a traveling reamer.  One buys it, reams out a cylinder, then sells it on to the next home smith.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 18 2015 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Gunby

E-2
E-2

Posted: November 07 2015 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote Gunby

I got 2 conversion cylinders to convert the NAA cap and ball "Super/Magnum Companion to 22 long rifle. I shoot cci mini mags in them with no problems at all.
I got one for the NAA Mini too but it only accepts 22 long
Got them on gunbroker
they are stainless like the original cap and ball cylinder

Happy Plinking!
View Gunby's Profile Search for other posts by Gunby

SirLSD

Private
Private

Posted: May 01 2018 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote SirLSD

has anyone ever reamed a 22WMR (22mag) chamber into the super companion cylinder? if not, why not?. the cylinder should have enough thickness to hold the slightly fatter 22 mag cartridge i would think. though only some brands of 22mag ammo could be used as some would be too long i think. also i think the reamed hole for the larger buttons for the wider rim may cut through the wall of the cylinder, but that shouldnt influence the function of the revolver.
View SirLSD's Profile Search for other posts by SirLSD

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 02 2018 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Welcome to Weaponeer.  Got any Legos?

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version