Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 34 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

ZB 37 Group Buy! US Made Barrel picture
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Woodey

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 03 2014 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote Woodey

As stated in the group buy thread I would like a refund. Here are some picture of what I received. I'm not sure that these were not the barrels that were supposed to have been ruined some time ago & got recycled to the shipping table.
I received my ZB37 barrel after a 2+ year wait. I can honestly say it is a real disappointment. I will try to do a detailed review in a new thread. This was NOT turned by a competent machinist, as I turned better looking threads after one machine class at the local junior college.
The barrel is undersized for the shroud / falls right in & will not produce a gas seal
The over all length is .233" to long / Flash hider & washer combo won't lock up barrel to the shroud
Muzzle device threads are horrendous, under sized, they look like they were cut with a die or cut with dull tooling in two passes. jagged, ripped.
The tooling marks indicate rough tooling with no thought of a final clean up pass / basic machinist knowledge
Here are some pictures, does this look like a professional job to ANYONE?
Barrel threads :facepalm:

This is the barrel finish NOT threads

This shows a stock barrel fitting the extension & next WeaponsGuild/Jestism Not fitting :mad:

Agree x 2Disagree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Woodey's Profile Search for other posts by Woodey

PKw VI Tiger1

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: December 03 2014 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote PKw VI Tiger1

I agree you should get refunded. The one I received (ordered not the one I bought 2nd hand) was loose too and doesn't fit in the extension without hand fitting either but the threads were at least useable even though it is undersized. Mine can be made to work if I had to but yours definitely cannot. I would want a refund too but I wrote mine off a while ago anyway and doubt I'd get one if I tried with how this played out.

Hermits shouldn't be machinists or be allowed near any machinery.
Agree x 4
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View PKw VI Tiger1's Profile Search for other posts by PKw VI Tiger1

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 04 2014 at 11:29pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Ah hell, really?  I swear, customers in the gun market tolerate crap that would get other businesses burned down.

The good news, Woodey, is it looks like everything is slightly oversized, AND you've had a bit of machining experience.  So the bbl can perhaps be saved, whereas the chance of getting a refund is somewhere between Slim and none, and Slim has a friend who flies Southwest during their Friends Fly Free promotion.
Agree x 3Funny x 1
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Woodey

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 08 2014 at 3:38pm | IP Logged Quote Woodey

I just noticed that the barrel is made in TWO pieces. This should be a lesson to anyone thinking of buying any thing from this clown.

After shipping the last barrel out, Jestism celebrates

What do I think about prepaying & then waiting for 2+ years to get a useless peace of JUNK.
Agree x 4
View Woodey's Profile Search for other posts by Woodey

1fozziebear

E-3
E-3

Posted: December 09 2014 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote 1fozziebear

I've watched this since the beginning when Mech put this together, (Prexis's lack of quality is not Mech's fault). I was one of the "lucky" ones who got their barrel in about 6 months. He owed me a DPM barrel and the 37 barrel. I got them both couple days apart. The DPM did take a year to get though.

My barrel is not even close to being that bad. I'll pull it out over the weekend and add some pics to this thread. I just don't get the lack of quality since I know he did marginally better on mine.
Agree x 2
View 1fozziebear's Profile Search for other posts by 1fozziebear

Mech warrior

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 09 2014 at 11:29pm | IP Logged Quote Mech warrior

I know for sure that the originals were made one piece. Thats not to say that 2 pieces won't work. I actually approached my machinist about making some of these and doing them in 2 pieces because it made more sense to me as far as setting headspace and reusing the locking block if the barrel is ever shot out.

Woodey, although I am not responsible for the delay in these nor the machine work, I do apologize for getting all of us into this mess. I honestly had no Idea that things would have turned out like this or I would not have offered it. But because I happened to have a deal going on the centerfire kits, and ran across this offering, it made sense at the time. I also got 2 barrels for myself and have received 0.

I did at the same time order a pk #4 barrel and it did show up....and it looks fine and the workmanship looks great also. But, I do know that others, including myself, are still waiting for promised product. I seriously doubt that a refund will be issued.

I try to offer deals to everyone when the oppertunity presents itself. So far, of all the group buys, this deal is the only one that left a bad taste in everyones mouth. I went out of my way above and beyond to try and keep everyone happy and answer emails and PM's and communicating back and forth.....it wore me thin. Even when I did get a reply and I relayed it it was not always as promised.

I think at this point, if it was me, I would try and make it work just to salvage it and get the $ out of it by wearing it out.....or, option #2, list it on gunbroker with the pics of eactly what it is.....someone will buy it who is needing one very badly and is convinced that they could fix it.

I don't know what else to say. Please, just keep this thread honest and do NOT get out of control with bashing. Please. There is a difference between telling it like it is and bashing. NO BASHING.

Here's how it is: We were promised a product in 2 months, and after many requests for refunds and countless false delievery dates, 2 years later, you got a very bad product.
Disagree x 1

Measure, think about it, measure again, think about it some more, measure again, then cut......."Oh S***!!!!"

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Gram

"If my calculations are correct......when this baby hits 88mph, your gonna see some serious sh*t!"
View Mech warrior's Profile Search for other posts by Mech warrior

WineCountryWeapons

E-2
E-2

Posted: January 22 2017 at 2:32am | IP Logged Quote WineCountryWeapons

I guess I'm not the only one that know's what sub standard work looks like.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/product-review-cetme-l-flat -by-prexis/#comment-2872898

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/cetme-l-flats-hmg-vs-prexis/
View WineCountryWeapons's Profile Search for other posts by WineCountryWeapons

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 22 2017 at 11:03am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version