Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 25 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 26

We have 1 member(s), 7 spiders, 25 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Ereduff

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (103):

Ideas Thread
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 13 2017 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

hmm, i do see how thatd be useful for a machine gun as well, however i still think the FG-42s idea of the oprod mounted to the firing pin with that extra amount of travel at the end to use the rifles mainspring to fire off a round is a much simpler idea that uses fewer moving parts.. my concern with that cam would be the strength of the piece and the pin its mounted to

and while it could be used to cam some locking lugs into place, i cannot imagine it being a better solution than using a locking wedge and rollers for a roller-locked action or the retractable locking lug solution i came up with before.. the roller-locked action in my opinion is better than my own idea

btw.. im back
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 13 2017 at 1:14pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I know things were a bit rough for a minute, Justin. I hope they are better now.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 13 2017 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

yeah, they are for now, thanks

im trying to remember where exactly i left off.. last projects i remember working on was i had an idea for a lower based somewhat off an MP5 lower that was a larger piece of steel tubing with a couple ears welded under it for the fire control group, with a tubular receiver sliding inside it..

i succeeded in coming up with multiple options for a tube steel upper receiver, one DI, one short-stroke based on the VZ52 gas system and one delayed blowback using a modified G3 carrier and new guide rod that worked like an STG45 bolt carrier group but compatible with an AR-15 buffer tube for a modernized STG45 type rifle

i believe the other one i felt confident about was an enclosed sheet metal receiver that functioned like an AR-18 upper combined with an AK lower, compatible with AK mags, fire control group, grip, forearm, but used an AR-18 style bolt carrier group on two guide rods

do any of these seem familiar?

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 13 2017 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

hmm.. what do you guys think of this idea..

ive mentioned before the flexibility of the AK receiver in being adaptable to rock and lock mags or being easily adaptable for example to an AR-15 magazine adapter.. the downside to using an AR mag adapter in an AK is that because of the AKs longer action (this benefits greatly in its reliability) the mag release on such an adapter sits too far forward

i wonder if itd be possible to design a new mag catch that can work with a mag adapter and function like the HK paddle mag release

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 14 2017 at 1:13am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Welcome back.  I finally managed to build a .22" LR single shot.  Waiting to test it w/ .223".  Having trouble w/ the safety, think it's tolerance stacking.

All parts available online, no serial numbers.  May be able to run 5.7x28mm semi-auto. 
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 14 2017 at 2:06am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

ive been thinking of small caliber pistol rounds a bit lately, i still think 32acp would make a great small game hunting pistol round, but no one makes a really good 32acp anymore and certainly none with the kind of accuracy necessary

i was thinking you could scale up a ruger MKII/MKIII, scale down a mac-11, or design something with a removable or tilt barrel like a mauser 1914 or beretta bobcat.. however most mausers are rather old and im not sure they could handle the added blowback of a lengthened barrel and the bobcat to be completely honest is a piece of junk that frequently suffers from cracked frames (they are aluminum)

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 14 2017 at 2:46am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

im still working on that rifle i just posted, the one on top that compacts everything into a steel tube receiver, youve seen photos of it before with a lower similar to the MP40 with an AR buffer tube and a triangular bolt with a cut in one of the lugs to ride the guide rod

the changes im making to that idea now is to just remove the lower assembly entirely and shape a couple ears to weld directly to the upper receiver with a stock that pushed and pins into the back like an HK, disassembly would be virtually identical.. on the roller-delayed version where the buffer tube is actually necessary the buffer will thread into the receiver with an interrupted thread

this is going to significantly reduce the amount of materials used, the costs, the build time, and also reduce the weight while sacrificing nothing

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 14 2017 at 11:10am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Why not just a Vz61 from a parts kit, put a good bbl in it and refine the trigger?
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 14 2017 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

VZ61 parts seem to be getting scarce, but theres really no benefit to 32 unless you have the option to use it as a backup defense pistol.. if concealment is not an issue you could just add 10-16" of barrel to a 22lr and get the same muzzle energy

scaling up an MkII bolt would be so easy and it just requires a pin to contain the recoil spring with the back open to allow the bolt to recoil out the back while keeping the overall size and weight low.. id imagine putting something like that in a small steel tube receiver would work and if you could figure out a way to remove the bolt without having to separate it from the grip, the magwell and trigger box could just be welded on

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 14 2017 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

heres the rifle i was working on last, here it is set up with a VZ52 short stroke system, i do have a DI version as well.. but with the VZ52 system i think it would be a heck of a lot simpler if the oprod/piston could be one piece, or you could just weld the rear and front section over a smaller tube, the reduction in diameter is just for reducing bearing surfaces..

in order for it to be one-piece though it would have to be removable out the front for cleaning.. in order for this to be reasonably possible the gas block must be removed with fits like a round plug in the front of the receiver.. im wondering if it would be possible to thread the gas block into the front of the receiver as opposed to pinning it to the barrel.. if it is in fact threaded to the receiver i could conceal a detent in the front of the top rail to prevent it from backing out under pressure.. but would it hold the pressure is what i am wondering

Cutaway

SFC
SFC

Posted: April 14 2017 at 7:24pm | IP Logged Quote Cutaway

The firing pins mentioned earlier are from one of the autorifle prototypes. A more durable modern day variant that could also act as a delay lever/extractor etc could be developed.
View Cutaway's Profile Search for other posts by Cutaway

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 15 2017 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

That's the way I was thinking Cutaway, but tweaking it to use it as a locking method rather than a delay and use a shortstroke gas piston to unlock the cam.
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 15 2017 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

if you were using it to cam a couple locking lugs in place though, how would it be better than roller locking?

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 15 2017 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

It could be stronger than roller locking, and multiple locking lugs could be used rather than a pair of rollers.
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 15 2017 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

you could use more than one roller if you wanted to, theres no rule saying you cant have a longer bolt and a wedge with multiple surfaces to lock additional rows of rollers, but what would you gain? rollers in something like an HK can easily lock a 308 action, needing something stronger shouldnt become an issue unless youre planning to make a semi automatic in 300 win mag

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 16 2017 at 7:49pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

im not sure this is such a good idea, but look at this gas system, its a VZ52 based gas system with a cylindrical oprod, this on the VZ52 is made from three pieces, a rear section with the rods that punch the carrier back, in the front is a ring that acts as a piston, and a semi-circular tube that goes between them, removable for cleaning

my version uses a solid one piece oprod, it can be turned down from one single piece or the piston section and kicker piece can be welded over top a smaller diameter tube, this is to reduce bearing surfaces.. and although this works great given my forearm is an extension of the receiver tube, the problem is how do you remove it for cleaning?

if i go the three piece route i will have to remove the lower half of the handguard and make it removable for cleaning, but i wonder if i couldnt thread the gas block to the end of the receiver tube.. would this retain gas pressure? could the receiver handle the pressure without stretching?

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 18 2017 at 4:10pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

hmm, i think this gas block idea would work.. if its a tight enough fit, utilize the leverage of the threads, maybe even use a stock pin for a wrench if needed or even build some type of wrench into the stock.. i think itd work

though just cutting off the lower half of the handguard certainly isnt impossible either but looking at the CZ52, the piston and rear section of the gas system cannot come off the barrel without removing the gas block.. but it might be possible to make the rear section and piston section of a 3-part oprod in a C shape so when the lower handguard and center piece of the gas system are removed the rest can be removed from around the barrel

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 45
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version