Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 36 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 37

We have 1 member(s), 7 spiders, 36 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
backbencher

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (130):
backbencher, Davidliz, Apteekissa Suomi, Danmarks online apot, AngelaSax, Farmakeia Greece Onl, bikergunnut, Michaeltom, unairabas, LanceS4803, dcorb, ojofniwza, ryche, azcaptnemo, Lutyman70, Robertautox, edabugewiy, kapiguqoqda, ukaofufo, SarahPaw, dinaph18, ezuohavpiz, ulitaqeawuda, willieiq18, stortwebapotek life, marinaHar, Paraquat, BrianSet, Bhrsianroode, shellycr18, yeseniaiz60, myralj3, Sergiojonia, SusanDat, catherineiu69, eddievk2, Alinkaclu, AlbertAlove, nathanielad16, Kathyder, amieze1, Deutschland Apotheke, stort-web-apotek, rolandnf60, amyqs4, jetloco, Richard/SIA, Gr Farmakeia, geraldinesa18, madelineow16, ronaldii18, Alinkabvv, RB20Fast, jaimezp60, CurtisVV, byronpw4, mmspurg, charlesbd4, VbsfynPainna, Mjolnir1317, myrarj11, flyman, Samuel065, junkcollector, milagrosif16, m1a76251, zzorga, Nick_Bailey, freddiett18, magdalenacz2, shortfal, rickyeg4, kayetg11, RobertAgomB, corapr1, UnrebbcBladia, Josephtox, ammojoe, williehz4, Ghoulardi, feleciahn4, susannapj2, FarimfQuomy, bbrown, susiefd3, louisgz11, JeffreyAroff, marquitazd69, Zuzzy, tammikc11, lynnepq11, Msnbttomins, jamesde60, michelleux18, LastChanceArms, frankbj4, elizabethfe18, Arereehl, elisabethgp11, elaineyo4, Alisa93saupt, lorenaqk16, jayxw2, annnx2, latashaff16, goldieeh16, rodneygt3, jesusgi3, Darrellneree, bertiewt69, tashalr16, verayk69, sorry0svet, Frankmes, lorabx4, sheliaxb69, gracedd69, Margiealtes, jonas16, maricelact1, TaannosOrall, geraldineqw60, martinrk1, linapc2, faydq2, josefayg16, Tanner Frisby, stanleytn60, alexanderlw60, josephineiq18

CNC Router
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: June 16 2015 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: June 16 2015 at 10:09pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

Trying to keep a running list on the cost of the build. So far I have this:

$40.00 24 foot of 2" square tube

12 mm SC12UU Linear Ball Bearing Slider Slide Bushing Replacement CNC New
Quantity: 4
$11.98

12mm Linear Rail Shaft Support F XYZ Table CNC Router Milling MA
Quantity: 8
$13.96

2 inch Square Plastic Tubing Plug / End Cap Each
Quantity: 10
$9.90

Outer Diameter OD 12mm x 600mm Cylinder Liner Rail Linear Shaft Optical Axis
Quantity: 2
$37.98

12 mm SC12UU Linear Ball Bearing Slider Slide Bushing Replacement CNC New
Quantity: 8
$23.96

SC12UU 12mm Linear Rail Shaft Support F XYZ Table CNC Router Milling MA
Quantity: 12
$23.34

Multipurpose O1 Tool Steel, Tight-Tolerance Rod, 12MM Diameter, 3' Long   
Quantity: 3
$32.46

Leveling Mount, Easy Adjust, 3/8"-16 X 1" L Thread, 1-3/8" Base Diameter
Quantity: 4
$4.49

6.35 x 8mm CNC Motor Jaw Shaft Coupler 6.35mm To 8mm Flexible Coupling
Quantity: 3
$5.10

(3) NEMA23 381oz/in 3.5A Dual Shaft Stepper Motors.
$119.97

5 Axis Breakout Board and 3 - 1 Axis 3.5A TB6560AHQ Stepper Motor Driver Boards.
$79.96
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

molon labe

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 16 2015 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote molon labe

How much to have you build one to sell to us?
What will its max cutting capacitites be, terms of
actual cutting ability and not work table size (how
deep in what materials)?
View molon labe's Profile Search for other posts by molon labe Visit molon labe's Homepage

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: June 17 2015 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I like rigid heads more than a gantry that moves. I don't know why more people don't build them like this. I guess the average MDF CNC builder doesn't require that much rigidity.
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: June 17 2015 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Is that a KP44 blank?

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: June 19 2015 at 11:29pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

molon labe wrote:
How much to have you build one to sell to us?
What will its max cutting capacitites be, terms of
actual cutting ability and not work table size (how
deep in what materials)?

You would like my cost. A lot of the work was done by a friend. I do not think either of us would be interested in manufacturing.

This a DIY thing.

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: June 19 2015 at 11:32pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

I never finished my 3D printer but have been thinking this is a prefect platform for a printer.   

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: June 19 2015 at 11:34pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

Paraquat wrote:
Is that a KP44 blank?

Probably is. Stop snooping
Agree x 1Funny x 1

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 20 2015 at 7:27am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Love the Pictures, Dam nice work. Wish I had the computer smarts to program I would build one too.

Sora-tobu chiru

SFC
SFC

Posted: July 09 2015 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Sora-tobu chiru

I'm not big fan of a gantry type routers/plotters myself, but there is one "style" of them, which I may try in a small desktop machine(distant future - didn't finish my benchtop mill and EDM plotter yet).

Really nice thing about them, is table rails/bearings arrangement(similar to one used in moving gantry machines).

Picture is worth a thousand words, so some examples below:

orginal mind cobra

sable

unicut

By "try it" I mean to build one myself, as all above are overpriced chicom(don't get confused by .nl and .jp) crap...

And...

from what I understand, it is belt driven, plywood machine, capable of machining aluminium.
Source of rigidity is quite obvious

“I believe when you become an engineer, and they teach you the disciplines, you learn that one and one make two, and that you have to do it this way because this is what the book says to do, I think it prevents you from becoming a true designer. If I sometimes knew what the engineering math was on some of my designs before going all the way through with them, I probably would’ve quit earlier.”

Eugene M. Stoner
View Sora-tobu chiru's Profile Search for other posts by Sora-tobu chiru

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: July 11 2015 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

so jealous y.y this week I revisted getting this cnc my dad bought 2 years ago working(he didn't consult me before buying the first thing he saw on the ebay)... the leadscrews came slightly bent, so it gets a bind and stalls the motors. Which I previously gave up on after forever of trying to readjust and tighten the motors to stop the stalling, finally after years it came to me to do just the opposite and leave the leadscrews completely loose on the side opposite the motors. then after running for only 2 hours, the controller it came with caught on fire. I think he payed $1300 too. for a 23"x13x3"  movement, stalls above 10ipm and has a plastic frame

-edit- oh and forgot to add the hole for the setscrew connecting the Z axis to the motor, supports the full weight of the spindle and was tapped high, right on the edge of the leadscrew shaft. and yeah.. thats why there is a giant hole in the middle of the table.

cut these panels with it, and have been literally pacing around trying to think of what to use it for next love 3dmodeling stuff y.y

what is everyone using their cnc's to cut?

View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: July 11 2015 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Stats: Online
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Sora-tobu chiru

SFC
SFC

Posted: July 12 2015 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote Sora-tobu chiru

So, is 12L14 available in flat stock?

“I believe when you become an engineer, and they teach you the disciplines, you learn that one and one make two, and that you have to do it this way because this is what the book says to do, I think it prevents you from becoming a true designer. If I sometimes knew what the engineering math was on some of my designs before going all the way through with them, I probably would’ve quit earlier.”

Eugene M. Stoner
View Sora-tobu chiru's Profile Search for other posts by Sora-tobu chiru

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: September 13 2015 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote dcorb

Update

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 23 2015 at 11:04am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

This may seem dumb, and I've only done minor Google searches, but I have an Arduino, Big Easy driver, and a NEMA 17 motor. Everything functions as it should, until I put any load on the motor.

I'm only running it at 5 volts now until my power supply arrives but I'm wondering if torque will increase once I increase the power supplied to the driver?

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 24 2015 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Yup.

As soon as I put 12 volts on the driver the motor started clicking to life. I had an extra zero in the acceleration variable (I forgot I was playing around, testing the limits of the motors) and once I made the values for RPM and acceleration more realistic everything functioned as intended.

Metatron

Private
Private

Posted: April 10 2016 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Metatron

I am wanting to design a or find a design of a cnc router that will cut 7075 or 6061 T6 in your opinion  what size motors should I get for the axis's.

If that goes well I have plans for a multi head unit for production parts.

4 axis would be cool too
View Metatron's Profile Search for other posts by Metatron

Jwestie15

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: September 24 2016 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote Jwestie15

nema 23 steppers, some serious bearings and lead screws, and a 2.2kW water cooled spindle from china would do you good
View Jwestie15's Profile Search for other posts by Jwestie15

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 26 2016 at 8:12am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I actually dug out my CNC-duino board. This would be a good winter project. I keep hanging myself on details and instead of getting something running I keep over engineering it in my head.

Caught a new line of plastic rails. Not sure how much I'd trust them for milling but I saw some cool calligraphy bots. Igus.com makes them.

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version