Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 49 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 49

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 49 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (45):

Original WWII ZB37 Barrel? Info Needed
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  AirMechanic

Private
Private

Posted: July 17 2015 at 7:02pm | IP Logged Quote AirMechanic

Hi, I am new to the forum and was hoping some members could help me with something that I came across today. I was examining an old militaria collection and found a machine gun barrel among the collection. The owner told me it was Czech, and through some internet research of my own, I believe it is a ZB37 barrel. While examining the barrel, I noted that there was a German Waffenamt on the bottom of the block at the back end of the barrel. I was unable to get pictures of the item, but the owner wanted $200 for it. I was hoping someone on the forum could tell me if this is a good buy? Any help is appreciated!
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View AirMechanic's Profile Search for other posts by AirMechanic

Sagittarii

2LT
2LT

Posted: July 19 2015 at 5:35am | IP Logged Quote Sagittarii

The Germans took over the Zbrojovka Brno plant and kept producing weapons for their own use its not uncommon to see photos of German troops equipped with the ZB 26 or 30 LMG similar to the BREN derived from it. I have also seen photos of German troops using Browning Hi power pistols that they continued to manufacture so there is no problem with a German stamp on it. Its value to you depends on whether you intend to use it or sell it in good condition $200 is a bargain.

CZ USA

CZ Brno

ZB37 valued $2995

Original Item. Only One Available. Czech manufactured ZB-37 non-firing BATF approved display machine gun used and marked by the Germans during WWII. During the occupation of Czechoslovakia, Germany continued production of this machinegun and called it MG37(t). It was widely used by the Waffen SS and Polizei formations.

The ZB vz Model 1937 was a masterpiece of design and machine work. The tripod alone may be the most complex of the WWII collection and it includes an anti aircraft extension. The anti-aircraft setup allows the gun to be displayed above ground-mount machine guns in a display. The ZB37 so impressed the British authorities that it was copied as the BESA machine gun for use in armored vehicles.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
View Sagittarii's Profile Search for other posts by Sagittarii

octopus

Private
Private

Posted: July 19 2015 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote octopus

View octopus's Profile Search for other posts by octopus

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version