Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 37 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 38

We have 1 member(s), 13 spiders, 37 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
reckoning

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (69):

mini winchester1887
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 13 2016 at 9:43pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

nononononono no , no safety first, the firing pin hasn't been made yet.
  Also a side note, I plan on redoing the hand grip. the checkering came out lumpy and is cutting up my hands when it spins.

don't repost this

Agree x 1Funny x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 14 2016 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

sweet!

not sure I would have the patience to cut out all those internal parts.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 14 2016 at 1:35am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I forgot to oil it before recording those videos. it could have been considered smooth before, but with oil. just wow, it flies open and closed with barely any encouragement.

This little leaf spring is how I solved the rounds slipping out
Disagree x 1

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 14 2016 at 9:38am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

That's awesome, Yay.
Agree x 1
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 15 2016 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

When are you putting the plans up?

I love it.

Edit:

AR Buffer tube ID is 1"
When I made my super lightweight stock I used 1 1/14 x 1" ID aluminum tubing. Turned down the end and threaded it 1 3/16-18 and even included the 1/8 slot for the buffer tube plate.

The dimension that will remain in question is the depth. I do recall I took a solid bar end of aluminum and made a doughnut, 1" OD, 3/8" Thick with a 1/2" ID through it. I staked it and pressed it in to the depth that I had previous measured from a carbine buffer tube and cross drilled it for a 1/8" diameter roll pin to keep it in place.

I saw that some company later advertised they used 1 1/8 OD tubing but that seems too flimsy to me. Plus, you'd have to turn it down from at least 1 3/16 to make a 1 3/16" diameter thread.
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 15 2016 at 9:34pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

what about rolled threads instead of cut ones to get raised threads without turning the od of the entire pipe?  Can you with aluminum?

Also on topic. I think I'll testfire it today, while I wait for a carbide burr to finish rounding the corners on the trigger/lever to come in the mail.

-edit-
  It hollowpoint speed-golddot went off the first try, extracted without an ounce of pressure.. the wolf ones i've been feeding 100times over and over to test the.. feeding, didn't go off after 20 tries.  In their defense, they had caved in primers from the ejector pressing into them during jams (now fixed with the new feed levers).

Because of the 11" long barrel length, my ears aren't even ringing and I forgot to use ear protection 

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 15 2016 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KxlDUaQvk
Agree x 1

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 16 2016 at 7:30am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I doubt it. We make a fuel control valve at work. Made from A286, really tough material. We broach a 3/32" hex in the end of a 1/4" diameter and the pressure from roll threading is such that it collapses the hex.

Could you explain the magnet/wire arrangement a bit. I think I'm misunderstanding the purpose or operation.

This little hand cannon is bad ass.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 16 2016 at 7:40am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I'm using the wire to help align curves on the rotary table.  Before to align the work, I would chuck a point and rotate the table 180degrees back and forth 50 times, moving the work around on the table until it lined up.  while now instead of turning the crank so many times, I simply spin the spindle+wire by hand.  I'm sure actual machinists might have better ways to do these things, but I'm entirely self taught at the moment and still learning every day.

And I was trying to point out, I had to trace the curve of the bolt onto the inside of the reciever with a pen. so it is very useful the wire can bend around a corner and point to the inside edge, unlike when I was using a simple pointer before.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 16 2016 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Don't take it to be an insult - I love home brew ideas. I have a rotary table at home and finding the swing point is quite aggravating. So much so that I barely do anything that involves a radius.
Something is getting lost in translation though and I'm not sure how it's supposed to work? Or I'm having a dumb morning.

Like a compass?
You know the distance from the swing point to the radius, and just manipulate the part until the wire follows the edge of the radius?

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 16 2016 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Exactly!.  Plus if you're extra lazy and don't compute that distance at all. you only have to make the outside edges of the curve match, then move the radius in or out until the middle of the curve lines up.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 16 2016 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Also had another mini-breakthrough tonight... I welded over the end of my hammer to redo the half cock, but in every trigger I've ever done of every project I've ever had. I can't cut the angle for the halfcock, it usually only is enough of an angle to create a stronger triggerpull, but not capture it... took me so many years to figure out. just bend the stupid thing after I cut it to increase it to the correct angle.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 16 2016 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

yaybacon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KxlDUaQvk

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 17 2016 at 2:50am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Would anyone be interested in a blueprint?  Now that I have all the kinks ironed out,  I could draw it up in cad in a few hours.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 17 2016 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Yes. Very much, yes.

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 17 2016 at 12:12pm | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

Absolutely!

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 18 2016 at 2:41am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

This is as far as I have traced those scans, but I will be going out of town for a week tomorrow.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 29 2016 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Paraquat wrote:
yaybacon wrote:

Yes. This.

Not to be a pest, but don't forget about the 1887 dimensions, please.

The opposite of a pest, wanting blueprints is a great compliment.

These aren't written out into dimensions, but they are perfectly+/- 1:1 scale files you could print out as templates and glue to some metal.  I could download a trial of solidworks or autocad and annotate it with the dimensions if you prefer.

Do you accept .max? (The format it was originally written for.)
1887_blueprint10.max

Or adobe illustrator
1887_blueprint10.AI

dxf
1887_blueprint10.DXF

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 29 2016 at 3:29pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I could get jiggy with a DXF.
Thank you!

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 29 2016 at 3:38pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

yaybacon wrote:
The opposite of a pest, wanting blueprints is a great compliment.  These aren't written out into dimensions, but they are perfectly+/- 1:1 scale files you could print out as templates and glue to some metal.  I could download a trial of solidworks or autocad and annotate it with the dimensions if you prefer.

Do you accept .max? (The format it was originally written for.) 1887_blueprint10.max

Or adobe illustrator 1887_blueprint10.AI

dxf 1887_blueprint10.DXF

Funny x 1

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version