Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 44 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 45

We have 1 member(s), 8 spiders, 44 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
ThomasVox

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (108):

mini winchester1887
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: May 02 2016 at 9:26pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 02 2016 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Nice toaster. Where did you pick that up?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: May 03 2016 at 2:42am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I actually used that toaster oven for the build I think.  To bake the paint on the wood furniture.  I'm sure you are joking, so I'll just say probably from 'Target'. -insert play on words-

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 03 2016 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

The pistol is gorgeous, yay. Of course I'm joking. A scratch built lever gun is a marvel.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 03 2016 at 8:38pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Trying to copy the lever action before next month.  So I can still have one after I present the first to the groom at my sister's wedding.

Am I crazy for seeing George Washington's face in the reflection?  There was literally nothing to reflect on my couch except a cardboard box and a blanket when i took this picture. ~zoom in~

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 17 2016 at 3:13am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Thinking I want one of these flip-up ladder sight things on the version 2.

-ballistics of the most common 45acp ammo calculated~

-plugged into 3dsmax to get the angles.

-Lever is done,  waiting on dovetail bits and a 11/16-32 tap to start on the rest.

-Also welded some stock together to make a spring coiler able to do left and right hand springs...  Hopefully also those neat multi-strand springs I see Geissel making ar-15 buffers from, selling for nearly $200.  But I can't find any information in my googlings, of how Multi-strand springs are formed.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 17 2016 at 10:30am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Yay, if I understand your laws correctly, the 1st pistol will need a serial number, your name, and location, and will have to go through an FFL for transfer to your new brother-in-law.

Unless of course, the bbl is plugged, and it's a non-gun. It would be just terrible if he stumbled across a perfectly good bbl while visiting your house w/ your sister later.   

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 17 2016 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Thought the name/location part was out of paranoia for future laws, and not any existing ones,  but I have not looked it up for a 5 years or so.  I stamped the date onto the side to be the serial number as seen in the photos   Oh and do you know if I would walk into a gunstore in Wyoming to transfer it, or do it in California and have it shipped.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 17 2016 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

There's different reads on the '68 GCA for homemakers, but as I said, that's my understanding of DPRKalifornia laws. Be happy to be shown otherwise.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 20 2016 at 2:44am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 20 2016 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Holy smokes, yay. You made those from scratch?

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 20 2016 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Leaf is from an ak / yugo m70, I came super super close to using it instead, since the markings would still apply to a different cartridge, since the base sets the heigth anyways.  But, since I promised weaponeer a ladder... yeah, took maybe 2 hours from scratch, plus a day of planning.  By the way, first time I've ever used a dovetail cutter since I'm scared of the real ones being $150 or so.. Chinese $5 cutter worked perfectly no signs of heat or dulling

-Just updated it with the fps and grain it is set to, marked yards, hardened, sandblasted.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 20 2016 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

You're going to be teaching @ a gunsmith school soon, if you're not careful.   

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 21 2016 at 3:38am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Just awoke in the middle of the night knowing how I will attach the saddle loop.  Then proceeded to tape a ring to the side of the first gun to test if my thumb can get caught inside it while spinning, which it can   Still happy with it though.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 23 2016 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Lathe feels like a screw backed out somewhere in the lower transmission near the lead screw while I was threading a piece to be my feed ramp might slow progress a bit.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 25 2016 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

This morning,  I got to know my lathe more intimately than I ever wanted us to be.

Naughty little set screw, and this pin decided to elope, escaping from the tumbler control fork.

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: June 25 2016 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

Exquisite work Bacon I doff my cap to your skills I look forward to seeing a video of you shooting it
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 29 2016 at 10:55pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I'll try to post a video.. but no promises, I don't enjoy taking homemade guns to professional ranges. and live too close to town to shoot at anything outside of the garage (sound doesn't escape).

Didn't post any pictures of the progress because.  It is basically the same process as before, with barely noticeable changes (angled the top/front of the bolt to get the collar around the barrel lower. was bothering me.  Considering angling the front of the receiver as well, to give it a louver look.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: July 02 2016 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

You couldn't just whip up an 80% for me?

I have your DXF but I don't have any thicknesses. When you get a moment, could you oblige?

I love the math involved in the rear sight. Overlaying the ballistics in the model.
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: July 02 2016 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Most of the thicknesses just ended up wherever they ended up~ after belt-sanding away tool marks.  Everything started as 3/8", 1/4", and 3/16".   Since the round is held by a sideways spring, and the whole gun is practically 2 dimensional (no part moves diagonal or acrossed the 3rd dimension) the thicknesses don't need to be exact.

In my copy, the bolt and feed lever are 3d and everything else was 2d.  

The bolt is a layer of 3/8" for the lever, 1/4 for the walls, cut in half to .125" for the cams, and .875" for the head of the bolt.  extractor slot is 1/8 + 0.15 for clearance.

the Feed Levers are complicated because they were mostly hand fit to get the round to feed centered, but they started as 1/4" stock.  The Feed lever that doesn't have a spring, sets where the round lies, mine measures 0.168" where it grabs the round. 0.75" on the tail, and 0.230" at the widest parts.

The trigger/hammer were 3/8" adjusted for tons of clearance. so 0.340" now

Funny x 1

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version