Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 33 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 35

We have 2 member(s), 6 spiders, 33 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Jeffreydug, Wavar68

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (72):

Wanted: belt-fed shotgun drawings/plans
Weaponeer Forums : Blueprints and Drawings

Posted in Blueprints and Drawings
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Dutchman Dick

Private
Private

Posted: September 26 2015 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote Dutchman Dick

I want to build a belt-fed 12 gauge, aven an upper receiver assembly to go on an AR-15 lower, similar to one I saw in action on YouTube. Years ago I bought a set of blueprints for different exotic weapons and one set was for converting a Browning A-1 (?) to belt feed but the drawings and instructions didn't make a whole lot of sense (not to mention hacking an existing gun). At the time I knew nothing about machining. Now I am a machinist and I own a milling machine and I think I would be better off going from scratch. Can anyone help me out?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Dutchman Dick's Profile Search for other posts by Dutchman Dick

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 27 2015 at 5:27am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

shot if designing one yourself, not sure what to tell you, ive never seen them before, it would seem though that youd need a belt feed action that "pulls" cartridges from a belt before loading them into the chamber
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

Dutchman Dick

Private
Private

Posted: September 27 2015 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote Dutchman Dick

OldCoot

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 27 2015 at 3:23pm | IP Logged Quote OldCoot

Lot would depend on what you're planning to use for a belt. For something the size of a shotgun shell, I'd say the old canvas belt of the early 1917 Browning guns would have some good points.
View OldCoot's Profile Search for other posts by OldCoot

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 27 2015 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

i was thinking he'd probably have to make his own belts

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: September 28 2015 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

A shotgun using standard ammo is going to have to pull the shell from the belt, or pop the link off the shell before the shell goes forward. The first issue is the links. Will .50" BMG or .50" DShK links work? If not, you'll need to step up to 14.5mm Russian, or one of the many 20mm links, or design & fab your own.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Dutchman Dick

Private
Private

Posted: September 28 2015 at 3:52am | IP Logged Quote Dutchman Dick

I am looking more at using a fabric belt of some sort, preferably one I can make myself from easily available materials. For one thing, that way if they ever ban belts as "high capacity ammunition feeding devices" I can simply thumb my nose at the pinkos and carry on as usual...

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: September 28 2015 at 11:43am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Plenty of stretchy fabric shotgun bandoleers, if you can rig up a belt feed that pulls the round backwards out of the belt before dropping it (or pushing it upward) into the chamber.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Dutchman Dick

Private
Private

Posted: September 28 2015 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote Dutchman Dick

Well, as I said, I am trying to find someone who already has a design to share. I am not an engineer, just a machinist. I can follow an existing blueprint (assuming all dimensions are clear and correct), but I cannot design something like this myself.

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 29 2015 at 12:21am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

well, which belt fed weapons have an action that pulls from the belt that you can adapt to your situation?.. the russian PK does, i believe the maxim/vickers and madsen does as well, maybe scaling the actions of one of those to your needs could work.. considering the bulkiness of the ones i seen on youtube this looks like what they may have done

have you considered learning to design something for yourself?. its not all that hard with the right tools (a good 3D CAD program) and some time

Artorius

Private
Private

Posted: March 22 2016 at 10:30am | IP Logged Quote Artorius

I'm not an engineer, but I am a 3D modeler/designer and I am familiar with machining and manufacturing.
I have been working on a design like this (in my head, haven't gotten to modeling it yet) for about a year.
I have come to the realization that a gas feed that works like a pump shotgun with a belt-feeder system would be best. A heavy canvass belt with elastic loops (as mentioned by Backbencher) should work. I would add 1/4" eye-grommets to the one or both sides of the belt and have a gear mechanism drive the belt to the next position. Then a plunger like a shotgun slides the shell into a cradle and on the forward motion the cradle raises and the bolt goes forward. Just like a pump gun.
A rotating cam could use the forward motion to rotate the belt and ready for the next shot.
That way you have a quick loading, semi-auto, belt fed shotgun. The same design could be used for handgun bullets, since the lifting ramp is the same as a lever action as well.
Again, I am not an actual engineer, however, I think if you are willing, I would be interested in collaborating to create a possible design. Maybe get a couple of the guys who are familiar with belt-feeding systems to join in for their expertise.
View Artorius's Profile Search for other posts by Artorius

<< Prev Topic Blueprints and Drawings Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version