Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 28 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

9x18 ultra conversion of a CZ-82?
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: November 24 2015 at 1:13am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

im looking to replace my bersa thunder 45 UC pro as my everyday carry piece, i want something all steel, more accurate, more reliable without being too big or too heavy.. the CZ-82 offers all of that with a 5 round extra capacity

my problem with the 9x18 makarov is that theres really not that much selection for quality self defensive bullets so you dont get the expansion you need.. my problem with the .380 is that with good self defensive bullets you really dont get the penetration you need

enter the 9x18 ultra, designed i believe around WWII, never used, reborn again in the 70s or 80s by german police and never really taking off.. its advantages, more power than the 9x18 mak, delivering a 100 grain bullet at 1065fps (according to fiocchi) and according to quickload with some careful component selection you can do even better... it has the added velocity needed to make those self defensive .380 projectiles both expand reliably, and penetrate sufficiently, all while utilizing brutally simple, reliable straight blowback pistols... the perfect "everyday carry" weapon in my opinion

___

so how do i get this cartridge into a CZ-82? looking at the published dimensional data for the cartridge, the base diameter, mouth diameter it would appear you could ream a 9mm chamber 1mm short to chamber it, and you can use 9mm reloading dies to resize the brass.. using either .380 90-100 grain bullets, or even 9mm 115 grain "short barrel" bullets designed for lower velocities

does anyone have anymore information?.. is this simply a case of buying a .355" barrel blank, reaming it short for the 9x18 ultra, installing it into the cz82, then buy a set of springs to fine-tune the pistol to the load i will designate as the standard?

the actual information on this cartridge is pretty limited so im not exactly sure what they use to chamber and size cases with as i dont believe anyone makes dies or reamers for it
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 24 2015 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Small 9x19mm pistols run from $250-500, from the hi-cap Taurus G2 111 to the Glock 43 & hi-cap 26. What do you have against plastic?

The new Walther CCP also falls in that category, using HK's perfected gas delayed blowback.

If you want metal, small, & reliable, you can get a Canick copy of the CZ-75 - dead nuts reliable, outstanding design.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: November 24 2015 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

its not about getting more power in any small pistol, its about taking the brutally simple, very reliable straight blowback pistols and actually making them relevant.. the 9x18 cartridge can do that but uses a .365" bullet which manufacturers of defensive bullets have seemingly very little to no interest in making bullets for

9x18 ultra gives you the benefits of the added power of 9x18 makarov (you actually get more power with the ultra) while being able to use the common bullets of the short barrel 9mm or 380 defensive projectiles
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version