Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
4 members and 22 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 26

We have 4 member(s), 9 spiders, 22 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
jasmineho69, jasmineho69, jasmineho69, jasmineho69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (99):

9x19 pistol build
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 27 2016 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I grew a little anxious waiting for my lever action build to return from a trip to this plating company..  so I started my 9x19 build early... by copying the external dimensions of this blank gun mixed with the nose of one in a James Bond screenshot.

the nose.

These ribs are the first time I've ever used one of these $2 chinese pyramid bits.. thought they would be impossible

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 27 2016 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Scaling the Walther PP up to 9x19mm? What's the locking mechanism?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 27 2016 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I've never held a 9x19 before. so just kind of winging it.. if it blows up or has crazy recoil I will make sure to get it on camera,  Then have an excuse to buy a real one.

-edit- if I see bulged cases, I'll start by increasing the hammer spring strength then porting the barrel to lower pressures

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 28 2016 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

What's the weight on the slide?

Sora-tobu chiru

SFC
SFC

Posted: March 28 2016 at 6:07am | IP Logged Quote Sora-tobu chiru

No one ever produced 9x19 walter PP.

7.62x25 Baltijec and 9x19 Walther MP were basically one-offs, and makarow for stronger than regular 9x18 round, a failure with retarding groves in a chamber.
Even so, I really like idea of Astra Condor sized PP

ps. you can always use mild reloads(think of homemade glisenti rounds) and/or very light bullets turned out of 3/8 aluminium round bar(blowback operated 45 cal. Schouboe pistol used ones like that, and even wooden core/aluminium jacket in early prototypes).
It's a pity that right calibre aluminium projectiles are no longer manufactured.

“I believe when you become an engineer, and they teach you the disciplines, you learn that one and one make two, and that you have to do it this way because this is what the book says to do, I think it prevents you from becoming a true designer. If I sometimes knew what the engineering math was on some of my designs before going all the way through with them, I probably would’ve quit earlier.”

Eugene M. Stoner
View Sora-tobu chiru's Profile Search for other posts by Sora-tobu chiru

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 28 2016 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I think I accidentally copper plated it, trying to rust blue it, but I like the color so it stays!
  And I can't use any locking mechanism in the slide, as I removed too much material. so anything would have to be in the lower half when I start on it.. maybe make the hammer double as a delayed blowback lever
  Mr. Scale, says 154.62g before furnishing with ejector+safety+firing pins. I made the walls a little too thin to fit a .5" barrel+spring because I wasn't happy using only a naked barrel liner, to get closer to the actual ppk dimensions.

-dremel chuck strikes again!. someone should market these

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 28 2016 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

That sounds awfully light for a 9x19mm blowback slide. Perhaps throw in a gas-delay in the frame, al la HK P7/Walther CCP? Or roller-delayed blowback, HK P9?

blurrededge

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: March 28 2016 at 3:47pm | IP Logged Quote blurrededge

cut some rings in the chamber like the experimental 9x19 makarovs, the ones that were supposedly too much kick and port blast for the importers to even think about... I have thought about cutting a ring in my .380 chamber when I was going to put together a from 1 can for it, but never got around to it.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 28 2016 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

So the brass holds itself? I love it. but I'm still drawing up a design to use the hammer as a delayed locking lever when I get back from work, just for fun.

-edit-
would this limit me to only brass cases, as steel wouldn't expand as well? sounds super interesting to experiment with.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 28 2016 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

If you use the annular rings - or even spiral cuts, to delay blowback, as the Detonics' 9x19mm did (?), you'll probably want to stick to brass.

If your hammer works as a delay, I'm going to be fascinated how heavy your trigger pull ends up. If you can make it work you are a true mechanical genius, good sir.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 28 2016 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

can't find a picture of those rings. but I found this http://www.securityarms.com/firearm/3547

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 28 2016 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

What about a telescoping sheath around the spring, with a gas port at the front of the chamber so the sheath effectively becomes a gas tube holding the slide closed under gas pressure, then once the bullet leaves the muzzle the gas pressure drops allowing the slide to recoil as usual. The Walther company built a similar pistol using 9X19 towards the end of WWII with two small gas ports at the front of the chamber.
Ian did a video on it for his forgotten weapons channel on youtube.
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 28 2016 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

yaybacon wrote:
can't find a picture of those rings. but I found this http://www.securityarms.com/firearm/3547

http://www.securityarms.com/firearm/3547

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 28 2016 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Sorry, I keep missing the importance of hyperlinking things.  All of my concentration goes towards good grammar.

The delay would be similar to a kriss, where you seperate the bolt's weight from the bolt.  Only to use a weight would add to recoil instead of removing it so I suspect one would use a fluid damper. 

Disagree x 1

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 29 2016 at 1:28am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

You could do like the Russians, add a pulley and cable arrangement to REVERSE the recoil!   

I like the damper, but I think that little hand thingy you're using to activate it is gonna have to be tied to the trigger somehow... It looks like it zips all over the place...

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 29 2016 at 2:16am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

You and your jokes, I had to show that the hammer can outrun the damper when it needs to, being that it is disconnected.  Anyways I'm in love with the chamber ring idea, and do not want to make the whole thing larger than the pockets in my tuxedo.  So as for any form of damper,  Next time evil Ted.

No idea how I never realised 9x19mm (.380) fits perfectly inside a .375 hole.  When it comes time to, this chamber is going to be easy 

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 29 2016 at 2:28am | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

9X19 chamber is very slightly tapered, it would be easier to go with 9X17 .380 which doesn't need a locked breech

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 29 2016 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

yaybacon wrote:

Yes. This.

Not to be a pest, but don't forget about the 1887 dimensions, please.
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

Zuzzy

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: March 30 2016 at 11:43am | IP Logged Quote Zuzzy

UKBiker wrote:
What about a telescoping sheath around the spring, with a gas port at the front of the chamber so the sheath effectively becomes a gas tube holding the slide closed under gas pressure, then once the bullet leaves the muzzle the gas pressure drops allowing the slide to recoil as usual. The Walther company built a similar pistol using 9X19 towards the end of WWII with two small gas ports at the front of the chamber.
Ian did a video on it for his forgotten weapons channel on youtube.

Only way to MAYBE get away with 150grams slide,
but this idea was also prototype one and as said in video they covered/welded the ports after founding they were not needed,
but here porting barrel is only option (or using .380 acp).
View Zuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Zuzzy

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: March 30 2016 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

I seem to remember from the video that they had also added some more weight to the slide which was enough to slow the opening of the slide down in a similar manner to the Hi-Point blowback 9mm pistols.

Somewhere there is a thread from a chap who built a 9mm straight blowback pistol called the "Pitbull" or something similar, the weight of his slide would be a good starting point for YB to look at in relation to using 9X19 blowback slides

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version