Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 49 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 49

We have 0 member(s), 11 spiders, 49 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (58):

9x19 pistol build
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  vintagemx0

SFC
SFC

Posted: March 30 2016 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote vintagemx0

This is an awesome build...love it.

I own a Makarov and I always thought the difference between a .380, 9 x18, and a 9 x 19 was amazing in terms of incremental power for such slight differences in casing volume. After a couple of mags on the Makarov, my wrist is sore.

Anyway, this build is very impressive. Fun to tune-in and watch the build.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 31 2016 at 2:38am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

it is just endlessly more fun to build something these guys say is impossible, just to sit back and watch the weaponeer crew argue over it. 

I only came inside to reshape a lathe bit to cut those chamber rings. I'll post pictures in an hour or so
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: March 31 2016 at 4:44am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: March 31 2016 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Well, the frame's solid, so if it dumps gas you're just out a magazine. Is that a 1911 mag?
Disagree x 1
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

plingr2

E-2
E-2

Posted: March 31 2016 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote plingr2

You can use micro ports like on ZVI KEVIN http://www.gunblast.com/images/MicroDesertEagle/DSC06724.JPG
add ring in the chamber or/and use something like 9mm FAR ammo
sorry for my bad eanglish
View plingr2's Profile Search for other posts by plingr2

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: April 01 2016 at 1:59am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

plingr2 wrote:
You can use micro ports like on ZVI KEVIN http://www.gunblast.com/images/MicroDesertEagle/DSC06724.JPG
add ring in the chamber or/and use something like 9mm FAR ammo
sorry for my bad eanglish

Welcome to Weaponeer. Got any Legos?

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 01 2016 at 2:11am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

wonderful find with those ports!

Just trimmed the magazine for the floorplate to fit. (don't forget to anneal)

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 01 2016 at 2:56am | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

One of the HK 9mm pistols used slightly larger groove diameter in the rifling to help reduce presure in their select fire 9mm blowback pistol, I can't remember which one but again Ian did a video on Forgotten Weapons explaining it
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

plingr2

E-2
E-2

Posted: April 01 2016 at 3:59am | IP Logged Quote plingr2

To UKBiker: I think HK VP70 (world first polymer pistol) used this system. To backbencher: sorry I do not understand what "Legos" mean .
View plingr2's Profile Search for other posts by plingr2

Sora-tobu chiru

SFC
SFC

Posted: April 01 2016 at 7:02am | IP Logged Quote Sora-tobu chiru

Volkspistole seventy?

“I believe when you become an engineer, and they teach you the disciplines, you learn that one and one make two, and that you have to do it this way because this is what the book says to do, I think it prevents you from becoming a true designer. If I sometimes knew what the engineering math was on some of my designs before going all the way through with them, I probably would’ve quit earlier.”

Eugene M. Stoner
View Sora-tobu chiru's Profile Search for other posts by Sora-tobu chiru

UKBiker

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 01 2016 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote UKBiker

Yes Sora I think it is the VP70
View UKBiker's Profile Search for other posts by UKBiker

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 01 2016 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

i think you have the idea of how a lever delay works all wrong
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 01 2016 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

you are right in a way...I spoke of the concept of one, but posted no pictures or designs of such a thing.  In all examples of one I found, there would be 3 moving parts. and My misconception would only involve a slide and a lever, so I scrapped the idea soon as I failed to transfer it to paper. Some ideas work better in your head, before you hammer out the details

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 02 2016 at 12:07am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

thats why i use autodesk inventor (similar to solidworks) so much, it allows you to get better visualization of how the idea will work

that said, a lever delay isnt impossible in a pistol, you merely need a separate breech block that would also hold your lever, the long end of which would rest against a ledge in the top of your slide which will provide the necessary mass to delay the opening of the action.. lever and gas delay might be possible as well.. but youre probably going to have to delay the action somehow to keep it that size

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 02 2016 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

hate to say it, but I'm going to start the slide over.   It will be a little thicker for weight , and  the real reason is, I need to make the inside rails a little longer. 

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 02 2016 at 8:17pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

how much will the finished slide weigh?

backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: April 03 2016 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Yay, if you're still shooting for a straight-blowback 9x19mm, your slide needs to be quite large. I shop the HiPoint for my cheap customers, and the thing is huge & heavy.

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 03 2016 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

backbencher wrote:
Yay, if you're still shooting for a straight-blowback 9x19mm, your slide needs to be quite large. I shop the HiPoint for my cheap customers, and the thing is huge & heavy.

ever measured the weight of the hi point slide or the length of travel? perhaps he could match the mass and length of slide travel to make it more like the hi point.. personally i think something like an uzi pistol would suffice for a 9mm blowback

i wonder how heavy a walther PP slide would be if it was even possible to machine one out of tungsten.. perhaps you could outsource the slide to a machine shop with EDM capabilities for making a tungsten slide which with identical dimensions to the steel one should come out at about double the weight

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 03 2016 at 8:19pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I would cry if I held a tungsten ppk. @.@ sounds so magical. anyways the entire build was me wanting to blow off steam, after spending months planning out the lever action. by basically jumping headfirst without any sort of plans... so now that I have that out of my system, and have to restart the slide anyways because I stupidly copied the rail length of the blank gun. instead of adding 3/8'ths or so for the longer 9x19, I am free to change the design.  So adding a 1911/colt mustang style barrel link to the next iteration, but keeping the ppk styling and double action trigger, will be fine.

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 03 2016 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

it may not be possible to add a link and convert it to a recoil operated pistol while still keeping the walther styling because you will not be able to put the spring over the barrel when the barrel moves in a recoil system, doing so would only have spring pressure between the slide and barrel with nothing holding the slide or barrel itself forward in relation to the frame.. it wouldnt work, you would need a separate guide rod above or below the barrel because the spring needs to be between the frame and slide

you'll either have to find a way to delay the blowback or abandon the walther styling

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version