Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 41 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 41

We have 0 member(s), 12 spiders, 41 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (69):

9x19 pistol build
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 03 2016 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

You're probably right, this only appears to work because of momentum throwing it upwards. how about a baby spring under the barrel to lift it or something, could double as the trigger spring.  It would cause a slight bind through the entire cycle, but compared to the bind caused by the hammer against the bottom of the slide, it should be next to nothing.

-edit- Don't say anything about the recoil spring not having enough room to fully compress. I drew the barrel too short.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View yaybacon's Profile Search for other posts by yaybacon

Sora-tobu chiru

SFC
SFC

Posted: April 04 2016 at 4:04am | IP Logged Quote Sora-tobu chiru

Roller(single!) delayed pp like pistol:

But I don't think it will last long without proper heat treatment(but same goes for straight blowback 9x19).
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

“I believe when you become an engineer, and they teach you the disciplines, you learn that one and one make two, and that you have to do it this way because this is what the book says to do, I think it prevents you from becoming a true designer. If I sometimes knew what the engineering math was on some of my designs before going all the way through with them, I probably would’ve quit earlier.”

Eugene M. Stoner
View Sora-tobu chiru's Profile Search for other posts by Sora-tobu chiru

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: April 04 2016 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

also by trying to convert a walther style pistol to a recoil operated pistol with a tilting barrel you lose one of its greatest attributes and thats the accuracy it gets from the fixed barrel, id totally delay it like the pistol in the above post
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 04 2016 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

still, I can use the lower I already started cutting with a tilting barrel design.  The over barrel spring can still work to press against the frame.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 05 2016 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

yay, why not just put the recoil spring above or alongside the bbl?
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

OldCoot

1LT
1LT

Posted: April 10 2016 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote OldCoot

If you can lay your mitts on copies of the Pederson patent drawings (I uploaded 'em here, I think...) for his .380 pocket gun, the Model 51, you will have a way to go that ought not bollix the lines of the Walther too badly.  Remington's recent 9x19 version of this with the alloy frame and cheapening manufacture wasn't a good one...

Would tickle me to see you build a good gun where Remington blew it...
View OldCoot's Profile Search for other posts by OldCoot

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 11 2016 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Swore this cutter I made by hand would break, but it actually worked perfectly, left a smooth cut too

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 12 2016 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

In hindsight, maybe I should have moved the slide catch to the
right instead of the left.  To avoid relocating the magazine release.

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 12 2016 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Considering using something more similiar to the m9 trigger group
instead of the walther ppk.  the triggerbar lifts the hammer, instead
of the triggerbar lifting the sear, lifting the hammer.  Appears
possibly more reliable.  Although to be fair, I've never really held a double action before.

crazybushman

Private
Private

Posted: April 12 2016 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote crazybushman

yaybcaon , you may want to clarify what caliber this will be , a .380 acp ( 9X17) or a 9x19 ( 9mm luger ) , the .380 acp should not need a locking mechanism if the slide is around 7 oz , which it could be based on the size of your design ( you stated on the first page that chambering will be easy due to a 9x19 fitting perfectly into a .375 reamed hole , a 9x19 will not fit into a .375 hole so thats why i assume you are infact going with .380acp ) , also for your problem with the rust bluing , after you finish rusting you need to submerge the parts in boiling water until they turn black (usually around 15 minutes to half an hour ) . after boiling immediatly blow off water drops and soak with your favourite oil to prevent red oxide forming ontop of the newly converted black oxide . good luck it looks like you got the skills to pull this off
View crazybushman's Profile Search for other posts by crazybushman

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 12 2016 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

You take me too literally, I should have been more clear of my intentions.  A 3/8ths hole that is then polished with a dremel/handfile while in the lathe, becomes large enough for 9x19.

crazybushman

Private
Private

Posted: April 13 2016 at 2:52am | IP Logged Quote crazybushman

should work out fine , making d reamers is easy if you decide to make the reamer , or you could use a little boring bar and set the compound to the angle of the case and bore the chamber .   i was looking at a walther ccp and thought that would be a nice simple delay mechanism to copy but the browning short recoil isnt ridiculously complex.
View crazybushman's Profile Search for other posts by crazybushman

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 13 2016 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 13 2016 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Looks like you're solving that problem easily. Might want to use more sensitive electronic primers - looks like your program's getting a lot of misfires.   

Is there a formal ceremony when you become a JMB acolyte, or do you just put a Browning sticker in your back window?   
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: April 14 2016 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

I ran out of invisible bullets, those things start to get expensive.

The drill wandered a little .  How does one normally fix this?  Using a needle file with the tip cut off works, but I'm sure there is a better way.  It doesn't really matter if the hole is round, since it only guides a spring detent + plunger and the firing pin can block the side and hold everything in place.

-fixed-

vintagemx0

SFC
SFC

Posted: May 12 2016 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote vintagemx0

Amazing

DaveyG

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: June 03 2016 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote DaveyG

I'm seriously impressed with your slide work. Even if it isn't heavy enough for 9x19, it looks excellent and very professional!
View DaveyG's Profile Search for other posts by DaveyG

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 03 2016 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

Dying to get back to this project.  I had to go back to actual work for a bit, and will be busy up until next month as well.   The plan was to post a picture of the lower after I ground the welds off, but I suppose given the delay..

DaveyG

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: June 03 2016 at 9:36pm | IP Logged Quote DaveyG

Love it! Great way to get the mag well properly shaped by using two halves and welding together!
View DaveyG's Profile Search for other posts by DaveyG

yaybacon

MSG
MSG

Posted: June 03 2016 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote yaybacon

The design actually calls for every spot I didn't weld to have pockets milled anyways, inside and out~  Can't see a single problem with it, seems almost too easy.

Let you guys down, I took these pictures a month ago.
oh and I drew one where the barrel link is behind the trigger instead of in front.. but it didn't really change the mechanics for better or for worse, so I never made it into a .jpg

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version