Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 29 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Scrap metal pistol v2
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Speedindevil

Private
Private

Posted: October 10 2016 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote Speedindevil

Hello all, I think this is my first post, I have been a member for a while and there is definitely a wealth of knowledge on this site that I am eternally grateful for, and I feel like I should attempt to contribute, I have not found anyone who has attempted to build the version 2 scrap metal self loading pistol, the one that slightly resembles the look of the 1911, by all means if I missed it, someone please post a link to the discussion because I would love to read it!
My friend and I actually have both pistols in the works, but We are just beginning with the version 2, so I am going to try and do my best to document it as much as possible and hopefully make whatever mistakes and try to correct them so that it will help others who choose to attempt this build. At the moment I have a few pieces of .074 cold rolled sheet steel, some .160" 4130 plate, some .312" 1018 bar stock, and a length of .625" round solid 4130, and other assorted mild steel required for the build. I have never tried to use an image hosting service before, but I will try and give it a shot later in the name of sharing! I will try to get that set up and post some of the pictures of what we have done so far a little later on or tomorrow maybe.
Anyhow, I had an idea that I wanted an opinion on, what about using the blade from a combination square for the slide pieces? I would like this to last as long as possible and the thought of mild steel against key stock doesn't seem to me like it would show that much durability. Also, in regards to the barrel and rifling, I am trying to decide if I want to try and make my own rifling button out of a spent reamer or oversized tap. I did see some talk in not sure if it was here or another forum where someone had made their own rifling button, but I don't remember seeing a result. Would the hss tap be hard enough to cut into and form normalized 4130 chromoly?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Speedindevil's Profile Search for other posts by Speedindevil

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: October 11 2016 at 9:27pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

i use imgur for image hosting, its far better than tinypic or anything else i've used

http://www.imgur.com
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

alexandre27

Private
Private

Posted: October 12 2016 at 6:08pm | IP Logged Quote alexandre27

you'll find on YouTube a lot of links re building of version 2 but aimed at shooting blank cartridges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2bJ0tHfqCY
View alexandre27's Profile Search for other posts by alexandre27

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October 13 2016 at 2:50am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version