Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 44 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 44

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 44 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (57):

Single barrel shotgun lock mechanism
Weaponeer Forums : Blueprints and Drawings

Posted in Blueprints and Drawings
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  backbencher

COL
COL

Posted: January 28 2017 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

You're using a rotary selector just like an AR.  An AR uses a detent & spring to provide a positive lock on the safety position.  There's also a crossbolt safety for the AR that uses the identical hole & detent.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

messmen

E-2
E-2

Posted: January 29 2017 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote messmen

Yeah...I just watched now how AR15 selector works. Rotary crosbolt system. Only thing...it blocks trigger, not hammer. Its must be...in ar rifle...cause of firing mode selecting operation.

On homemade shotgun, its much better to make it block a hammer itself. Homemade triger-hammer sears can wear out, brake, bushings can become loose...its safer to have hammer blocked.

Since I wanted to be that gun as safe as possible, and I could not manage to get a firing pin safety, that could be made with home tools... I will make triger and firing pin 1 piece.
Breach will be simple 1/4 piece of hard steel. Firing pin will be driled and silver soted into hammer.

2 questions still need answers please.

1. Dimensions of firing pin. How wide it should be? And how much should it protrude into the shell...Basicly i need pin dimensions from breach plate to shell...and its recomanded thickness ? ? ?

2. With 2 pipes system...3/4 and 1` pipe over that first...wil that be strong enought to shoot 12 gauge 3` magnum loads...or you must stay on 2 3/4 loads...
Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View messmen's Profile Search for other posts by messmen

messmen

E-2
E-2

Posted: February 08 2017 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote messmen

annyone?

boomstick_inc

Private
Private

Posted: February 10 2017 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote boomstick_inc

I would suggest going to you tube, and looking up Cryptic Cricket. He did a 3 part series building a break open black pipe 12 ga . shotgun. In part 2, he discusses firing pin length and protrusion.
As for your safety, I have a 22 revolver that has a very simple hammer block. There is a strip of metal screwed to the rear side of the breach plate, to the left of the hammer. By rotating this strip clockwise, from 6:00 to 3:00,you bring it to a position where it prevents the hammer from going fully forward.
View boomstick_inc's Profile Search for other posts by boomstick_inc

DIRTDIVER13

Private
Private

Posted: February 19 2017 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote DIRTDIVER13

messmen wrote:
Hello to everyone. Im planing to build a single bore shotgun, and I will primary use this manual for that purpose...

http://mesprojets.eu/Practical%20Scrap%20Metal%20Small%20Arm s%20Vol.14%20%20Break-barrel%20Shotgun%20Plans.pdf

It seams to me thats a good manual, simple to build, and efective.

2 things im going to change, and those are

1. Barrel. It will have 5 to 7 inch reinforcement pipe on top of 3/4 pipe.

2. It must have a locking mechanism.

The other thing is giving me trouble, thats why I am here.

So folks, whats best way to make locking mechanism on this sort of shotgun. It must be simple to build, and highly efective...so when the gun is loaded that there is no chanse it fires....without first pushing that lock-unlock button.

Any ideas?

P.S. I tryed googling...buth i only found plans of factory made shotguns....and their firing mechanism(hamer,triger,lock) is in most cases to complicatet for a homemade built.

Thanks.

When you say "locking mechanism" you mean a safety (a mechanical part that prevents accidental firing) or a way to lock the round in the barrel? If you meant to say a safety, then the easiest way to make a safety is to make a bar that prevevents trigger squeezes and that's all. However, if you want a locking mechanism to hold the round safetly in the chamber once fired, then you can use one of the simpliest and sturdiest acction, the rolling block. There is a lot of information on how the rolling block works, and making it is really easy.
View DIRTDIVER13's Profile Search for other posts by DIRTDIVER13

DIRTDIVER13

Private
Private

Posted: February 19 2017 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote DIRTDIVER13

messmen wrote:
Hello to everyone. Im planing to build a single bore shotgun, and I will primary use this manual for that purpose...

http://mesprojets.eu/Practical%20Scrap%20Metal%20Small%20Arm s%20Vol.14%20%20Break-barrel%20Shotgun%20Plans.pdf

It seams to me thats a good manual, simple to build, and efective.

2 things im going to change, and those are

1. Barrel. It will have 5 to 7 inch reinforcement pipe on top of 3/4 pipe.

2. It must have a locking mechanism.

The other thing is giving me trouble, thats why I am here.

So folks, whats best way to make locking mechanism on this sort of shotgun. It must be simple to build, and highly efective...so when the gun is loaded that there is no chanse it fires....without first pushing that lock-unlock button.

Any ideas?

P.S. I tryed googling...buth i only found plans of factory made shotguns....and their firing mechanism(hamer,triger,lock) is in most cases to complicatet for a homemade built.

Thanks.

And don't get me wrong, but if you can not think of a way to make a safety (which is, i guess, the simplest part of a firearm) by yourself, then i recommend you to stay away from making your own gun...
View DIRTDIVER13's Profile Search for other posts by DIRTDIVER13

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 01 2017 at 5:08am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

DIRTDIVER13 wrote:

And don't get me wrong, but if you can not think of a way to make a safety (which is, i guess, the simplest part of a firearm) by yourself, then i recommend you to stay away from making your own gun...

Weaponeer.net  is a Friendly PEER supported website of Gunsmith's, Home Gunsmiths, Gun Builders, Gun Designers and Makers of all skill levels.  As Peer's we Help and Support each other, and unlike other websites within the gun community, we don't mock others, who are looking for honest answers.

Best Regards,

Weaponeer aka, "the boss"

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

messmen

E-2
E-2

Posted: March 01 2017 at 7:04am | IP Logged Quote messmen

Dirtdiver13 just dont get me wrong...buth most people would just build that Parabelum shotgun `as it is` folowing the plans. Its simple, buth unsafe...And I just asked for ideas whats an easy buth good way to make safety. For exhample you mentioned roling blick mechanism...I personaly dont see any way to make this type of gun with most basic tools(with same ones you can make prof parabelum shotgun realy easy)...other than that...pins on roling block hammer and breach must be realy hard...as the case itself...via the parabelum shotgun uses sheet metal.

``way to make a safety (which is, i guess, the simplest part of a firearm)`` --- dont get me wrong buth some shotguns have so complex locking mechanisms that are more complicatet to built at home than a whole parabelum shotgun itself.

<< Prev Topic Blueprints and Drawings Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version