Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
5 members and 35 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 40

We have 5 member(s), 6 spiders, 35 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
JamesDor, reonfubrolo, GuestAcumn, UKBiker, Michaelmib

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (148):
Mariaslemy, MikeDub, reonfubrolo, JamesDor, UKBiker, GuestAcumn, Michaelmib, Guestinoni, Murasnasp, empisypeSpeancy, Altessy, soriissuend, voldjeoveaM, fefAdmike, tesPexengexia, Emissoksattib, PerLipBeilirl, FugJertantara, HoxiasillHist, olgapy4, JessieVer, Guestwhalm, ThomasDup, KSenKib, bbrown, MikeTiceinjes, Udachaavafe, margerymd18, FoneeZexCot, KeypeBreelty, Rafaelbar, ArruvAncet, YeseniaBug, ConradCit, rulmiriucculkiz, Eleanornes, sharlenetw4, Douglasfug, Andreasadr, Rardgreeddy, jordandw2, mereebova, erolerenelo, PeterGor, marissalv2, uplikigue, tammicv3, leonorrw16, BikamzTudge, Skiller, soniafo69, jimdoc, mbwillys, ZharesRef, RaymondZet, AndrewLen, ArzbbAncet, backbencher, elvaiv2, crazybushman, Metaldesign, Paraquat, Harryprozy, AwizgAncet, Andreasbhr, Davidkal, ds1948, HeroHog, RichardShism, AacgzAncet, traktorIgnip, ElbertTus, 11millimeter, KYJohn, TeamVega, AwophAncet, bikergunnut, rizovia, DoctorGaB, a144.co.il, Megantuh, PeterFub, azotas, RaymondPum, SABRINAMut, Intelflyer, Andreaszzo, AxdkaAncet, flyman, RichardSob, Frankclisa, janiceSarlc80, Dennispox, AzbqmAncet, Andreasxhn, charmdatekmq, AghbeAncet, GeorgeJB, ConnieKig, Max_, Jusimap, KristanCoumn, Bretlboins, AjlstAncet, AvhqrAncet, Merbertmuh, charmdateemu, charmdateqvq, AuvgvAncet, Jamesdus, Jakub.cr, HarryLix, EROjadance, VKT17, hawocewuw, mmspurg, ArhyqAncet, vitriTourl, EdwardNab, Vincentmophy, charmdatewkj, TRAVELOl, m1a76251, nelaouimetmaria, AdmdvAncet, markserbu, 357ross, Black Beard, KevinAbody, janiceSarts75, FinadroTudge, AobbaAncet, Smegma, LedesireDiava, RENTAOl, LanceTyday, REALESTATEOl, Alvinmag, xano, cathyuc60, Brian121, NEWSOl, Belkovec, Richardram, VictorLiz, AfxreAncet, AlluschuKic, josephpo

Prof. Parabellum closed bolt semi build
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 10 2017 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I started work today on this build, I will post pictures of what I have completed.

These are the original plans

Funny x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View PappaSunrise's Profile Search for other posts by PappaSunrise

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 11 2017 at 7:55am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I forgot to take a picture but I made another copy of the receiver tube plans and cut them out, I then cut off about .14 from each side of each piece of the receiver cutouts, and then taped them together accordingly to make a template that I could wrap around the 1.125 tube and not worry about scribing lines or any of that. If this build gets enough interest I can go into GIMP and make an actual template for people to use such as P.A. Luty did with many of his plans. Professor Parabellum if you read this, it may be benifical to do the same to the original, if I make a template you are fee to add it to your plans in any way.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 12 2017 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Today I felt like working on the bolt a little. I changed the design so it is a bit different than the plans but I think mine will work well. I decided to machine the bottom of the bolt and add the feed ledge that will strip off the rounds from the magazine. I also made the striker and drilled the striker hole, it came out a tiny bit off center due to the long drill bit but it's functional.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 12 2017 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

I appreciate you documenting your build.  If you put your pictures someplace other than drop box or Google, we'll be able to display them in the thread.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 12 2017 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Where would be a good place that's free to use?

UKdesigner

E-2
E-2

Posted: February 13 2017 at 12:46am | IP Logged Quote UKdesigner

View UKdesigner's Profile Search for other posts by UKdesigner

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 13 2017 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Let me know how the pictures look, I downsized them so they aren't massive.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 13 2017 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

PappaSunrise wrote:
Let me know how the pictures look, I downsized them so they aren't massive.

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 13 2017 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

That looks good.  No need to downsize.  If Weaponeer displays them in their full size, just refresh the page, and the server will get the hint.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 13 2017 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Ok. I like what I see!

I was interested in the CIA Deer gun for hiking/camping, but this looks like it'd have a bit more usefulness, seeing as it's magazine fed.

I wonder about Uzi mags instead of Sten mags. I mean, I'm neutered here in CT, but isn't an Uzi mag more compact than a Sten mag?
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 13 2017 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Correct I should have gone with an uzi mag as I prefer them but they are double stack and double feed, STEN mags are double stack single feed and have a little better catch mechanism. I also have the parts to a semi auto Luty bps smg that I modified to use an uzi magazine and a mac-11 barrel. It would have been easier in some aspects but I didn't want to deviate too much from the plans.

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 13 2017 at 11:51pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Paraquat wrote:
Ok. I like what I see!

I was interested in the CIA Deer gun for hiking/camping, but this looks like it'd have a bit more usefulness, seeing as it's magazine fed.

I wonder about Uzi mags instead of Sten mags. I mean, I'm neutered here in CT, but isn't an Uzi mag more compact than a Sten mag?

Thought you cats could build STENs now, b/c they don't think you can get the mags.  But you can.  Just send 'em to me, I'll chop 'em down & you can weld them up to the 10 round limit.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 14 2017 at 7:14am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

I have a kit here. I actually just made the trunnions in December.
I opted to go with a longer shroud on the receiver. I should probably bump my own thread.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 14 2017 at 7:36am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I'd actually love to do a sten build but it seems like more work than just building a gun from scratch.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 14 2017 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Are you worried about not having an extractor to hold onto the rim of the case at all? It seems like brass would fall out of the chamber and into the mag well area.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 14 2017 at 11:45am | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

I have never been able to make a working extractor. Though because this is a closed bolt blowback, I technically don't need one. However I may try to include one on the bolt if I feel brave. One of the things I'm debating on.

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: February 14 2017 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

In my head, I'm imagining the bolt blowing backwards and dropping the case, or the case expanding and getting stuck in the chamber. I might be wrong though.

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 14 2017 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

Oh you mean an ejector, I didn't have time to mill the ejector slot in the bolt yet. It will be a flattened screw coming into receiver and will ride in a slot in the bolt. If the case gets stuck in the chamber an extractor won't help, as the rearward force of the case won't be enough to cycle the action.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 14 2017 at 8:17pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

American Gunsmithing Institute has a pretty good series of FREE videos. They cover extractor and ejector design.

http://www.americangunsmith.com/adlessons/?ad=agiweb

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

PappaSunrise

SFC
SFC

Posted: February 14 2017 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote PappaSunrise

How about this for a simple extractor? A piece of 1/8" O-1 drill rod ground to shape and tempered to a light purple.

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version