Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 29 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 29

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 29 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (146):
Farmacia Barata, zacforat, flyman, aabuzheng, backbencher, wesleyhx69, autumnpu2, danqm1, blurrededge, WilliamgrigN, betteox2, jaminn11, ursulahh4, karlafx3, estellajc11, Santehhic, un medicaments sans, junkcollector, farmacia-online-di-p, GregoryLiali, LanceS4803, farmaciabarata.life, keithde3, UsnbbcBladia, Taksi154r, karinaHar, Flux, jdereede, tabathasm2, bikergunnut, Alinkaspe, Movelbedror, GlennHow, DavidSandling98, ammojoe, delorisiz2, Edwardencog, KainKelly87, comprare farmaci onl, Ghoulardi, laverneaf2, vintagemx0, christianqz69, tommynj18, chelseanp4, justingn2, laurija2, leliaws3, patriciauv60, jessiekc18, minervays2, selmaxs4, mg15, taniadf2, c0c4908, Samuel065, Patriotrok, RobertBaw, droguerieonline.life, adrianwy60, Jamesjorse, Online Comprar Medic, Craighix, augustarq2, acquista farmaci da, runner, cheriecg60, Tanner Frisby, brittneycj2, Curtisnog, pattyvn11, DRUGSTORE YOUR, bettieru2, frankieod2, avisfq2, carlaso4, shawnib18, luzmp18, Craigfrike, Arereeg5, DROGUERIE ONLINE, emilyyl69, Whiskey, elisabethxr4, eadaadaeguw, DarrickPic, susanneho16, nathanjz69, vernazh16, Skiller, imogeneyz1, melvagv3, MarinaGOnal, Msnbbttomins, yourdrugstore, mavisdb18, MEDICAMENTOS ONLINE, benitayl60, louelladu1, Thomasrousy, Droguerie Online Ach, minervape2, cal50, jacobhn18, erikahr60, ds1948, nextmusic.me, lindsayqg2, robbiekq3, bessiefo16, jodilv18, banjo, ronzor, ofeliaam11, tishacx11, hallieco60, bbrown, jamiemuu, FarimbfQuomy, deniseed1, dwightlg60, vondayj69, carolinasf18, salliesz18, debbiety69, laceyok3, loisqq16, wilmawx4, audrawo1, fredrc4, inesrk2, carrieiw16, gertrudeqj1, beckymk16, kristinnz11, Sergiojonia, julianadn3, Ricsyzbeefs, fayeem60, violetuf2, Zuzzy, tommyau60, robbiecr69, sethag69, robertno1, EcrbPainna

STi 2011 sheet metal lower?
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 14 2017 at 11:42pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

ive been waffling on whether to build a glock or a 1911 from 80%, the 1911 is more of my liking and does have some nice features, but i do not have much interest in 45acp, and the double stack frames are significantly wider than a double stack 9 as they are intended for a double stack 45acp mag

so looking at a 3D model (from grabcad) of the STI 2011 upper, which some people are selling 80% versions of online, ive been wondering if i could build a sheet metal grip component, or a jager style grip with a front strap, back piece and two side plates constructed around a common double stack 9mm magazine, possibly M9/92fs mags

think it could be done? im not sure how the mainspring and the sear/trigger springs would work with this type of setup, but id image itd be doable

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 15 2017 at 6:50am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

Why not just build a 92FS?
CNCGuns has the model of them. I have a Taurus AT99 that's identical.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 15 2017 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

because 1911s have better aftermarket, more available parts, easier to find and repair, available in more calibers, and is in my opinion, more reliable than the beretta.. id only consider the beretta if someone produced an 80% frame in steel

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 15 2017 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Easier to build the Glock. 1911 single stack will carry 9 in the mag +1. Not really more reliable than the 92; 92 is a very reliable action, albeit I don't like the DA/SA trigger.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 15 2017 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

92 isnt that reliable and the aluminum frame gives them a rather short service life which was one of the primary complaints by the military.. also the STI 2011 is a double stack, so using a standard STI lower provides 18+1 capacity, problem is their mags are a big funky, much wider than what is needed for a double column of 9 mil since the magazine well is designed for a super fat double stack 45acp mag, and 9mm 1911 mags are much more expensive

i think you could just bend a piece of sheet metal into a U shape, spot weld a [ shape piece into the end of that and thatd give the groove on that back for the trigger/sear spring and mainspring to fit into, unfortunately it does need front end support where the trigger guard meets the frame, and thin sheet metal would be too flexible here

its just a shame that with the interchangeable grips on this model, no one outside of detonix has thought to maybe build a 9mm compatible with more readily available magazines and to contour it better than the stock single stack grip panels

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 16 2017 at 7:24am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Why not build on of these like I did..

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/framecasting191145p13typedoublesta ck.aspx

Then add one of these on top.
http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/paraordinancep15-4040cal425blackfi nish.aspx

Add one of these with an aluminum spacer collar to take up about 1" difference in length of the Mag.

https://www.triplek.com/product/para-ordnance-p189-18-rd-9mm /

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 16 2017 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

justin22885 wrote:
92 isnt that reliable and the aluminum frame gives them a rather short service life which was one of the primary complaints by the military.

The open slide of the 92 makes it quite reliable, and it's been in service since '84 - quite a decent service life.  The only thing that breaks on 'em is the locking piece b/c we don't replace the springs.

I'd like to know where you're getting your info.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: September 16 2017 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

actually the open slide of the 92 reduces mass, reduces momentum and makes the pistol more prone to short stroking given obstructions or grit as it doesnt carry as much momentum to power through it, and the aluminum frame results in a poor service life which was the primary complaint by the military

another problem with the open slide is if you get crud on the top of the barrel and fire, the slide is going to rake all of that back and dump it into the action

how long its been issues is not the service life, in the military the M9 averages 17,500 rounds before it has to be replaced due to wear.. that'd last me less than 5 years, when you consider glocks and 1911s regularly go over 50,000, and easily to 100k, yeah, M9s are short lived

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version