Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 25 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 28

We have 3 member(s), 5 spiders, 25 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
vozysoove, Murasnasp, ryche

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (182):
Murasnasp, fefAdmike, tesPexengexia, vozysoove, ryche, DavidJof, WilliamENFOK, Charleskip, LesterIneni, MirkaAdew, Fauzahnwourb, Wraklyadula, FugJertantara, HoxiasillHist, alibiaEmand, bikergunnut, QLRobert, soriissuend, empisypeSpeancy, reonfubrolo, KeypeBreelty, backbencher, rulmiriucculkiz, MarkReext, jimdoc, ExceteRem, fermneoroup, Angela_Leewresk, inna_nymb, Altessy, Juitlekneentero, uplikigue, mereebova, erolerenelo, FoneeZexCot, karineq1, carolyp18, MartishSoits, Weigandwourb, FvybvymtfqVok, inna_ieyf, brandyhl69, FreefestErymn, Paraquat, Dapaswourb, inna_furg, Boschrdv, Boschyeh, Boschrpe, gabriellewy4, noreenwy1, RatTaittar, Brainwourb, carlrw4, carmelaan69, optovkatex, old guns, russyMixail, Beefcake, ArthuImpob, Dongokwourb, inna_emmx, EvaemodE, Whitneyendag, janeyp16, manuelgv18, DayliKib, marilynaj18, Raneswourb, EugeneaPhown, florakj69, Progonhic, minervald69, Fragkos, juliettesp60, Bandinayawourb, hollielk4, Darinwhish, JamesJig, toddjg69, shaunawc2, minervazk11, Vinereywourb, caitlinbk18, monauz4, Derekrarty, Kennethlib, CalvinVat, ArtemPailk, celinakc11, Flux, ArseniyJah, BogdanAutot, tamikaze11, carlosty16, geraldinewt11, kurtcq18, Waltermox, whitneyzc11, jaynecg2, StephenJep, Mingledorffwourb, SpikeBuilt, kering4, Stevieven, Gearglani, williamyd16, sidneyhs18, Jackiefiend, lavernejs3, Shadowrunnerwourb, lesleyzk3, kimxc3, cal50, evgenwat, jeremydy1, HellDragonwourb, bridgetux2, terraih16, bbrown, ollieio11, dalefp1, Olgacag, Buzatuswourb, jolenelg3, davidgb60, helenezb16, miguelhg1, jaimevu2, SanyokSmoks, jetloco, ds1948, Warum, CanadafinN, toddww69, zedsdead, rrayepalcixi, Gentrabo, margieua4, cewecah, angeljc69, luellash69, kristenvo69, Gavinramatwourb, lynnettegr1, edwardub69, ebeotuwikofa, lillianxy60, Forrestbug, sochi.cat/-Weino, dimentObjestben, serenarr69, hilarygq2, Trashminwourb, Maynardvuh, JamesHap, Josephabaph, KennethBum, Ronaldsaulp, Dameenawourb, azotas, carlyyp11, Nusaward, rachelye2, JulianSMB, mariettatv60, benjaminex3, AWilliamtoInc, JamesImmot, Qanadwourb, GreogyFlepe, ezulokemu, constancedp2, opagoyar, Adoradwynwourb, oiyigen, Lornakic, nettieft69, 11millimeter, travisin3, ronzor, susanapl60

Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 Prints Project
Weaponeer Forums : Blueprints and Drawings

Posted in Blueprints and Drawings
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Hubby

E-3
E-3

Posted: February 13 2018 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote Hubby

I've got a couple questions regarding the state of the Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 and it's blueprints. First, does anybody have (or have any idea where to find) a complete set of blueprints? Secondly, does someone currently own the rights to the design? I know someone/some company still owns the rights to the MG-42 design and is guarding that for the most part. I'm aware SMG guns has a repro in production, so my guess is that the design is pretty free-use.

There is a model on grabcad that seems very accurate, but the files are dumb solids when imported in SolidWorks, so if nobody has any leads to blueprints, I might start a new project reverse engineering that model onto a full set of blueprints and redo the model as well (and check it as closely as I can).
Agree x 3
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Hubby's Profile Search for other posts by Hubby

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 18 2018 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote justin22885

ive had no issues importing the files on grabcad into autodesk inventor with every individual part and all the detail and dimensions 
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

Hubby

E-3
E-3

Posted: February 27 2018 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote Hubby

The parts aren't completely "dumb", so you can pull some information off of them. However, what I was trying to get at is that when imported into SolidWorks they are "imported solids" and do not include their trees of operations. When any part is run through feature recognition, feature recognition doesn't do a good job figuring out the individual operations in the tree. Unfortunately, from inspection you can also tell that the model isn't complete, has some conflicts, and missing some details.

I've been sending out some emails and doing some looking about trying to find some original blueprints so we'll see where that goes as well.

I'll keep this post updated.

justin22885

CPT
CPT

Posted: February 28 2018 at 10:15am | IP Logged Quote justin22885

you can always use the dimensions off those models to derive your own from and have the tree that you want.. and im not sure about solidworks because i havent used it in many years but on inventor i can still make new features on an imported solid
View justin22885's Profile Search for other posts by justin22885

Hubby

E-3
E-3

Posted: March 10 2018 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote Hubby

Update (3/10): After searching through the German Govt. archives and the Bundesarchiv (Bundeswehr archives), I found no original drawings for the FG42, only manuals and Luftwaffe testing reports. Contacted the U.S. Army Ordnance Corps and waiting for a response from them. My reasoning for them was because they reverse engineered it for the beginnings of what would be the M60 program.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know and I'll do the research and calling.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 10 2018 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Try the historian at Aberdeen. Allot of WW2 stuff wound up there.
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

AKM-47

E-3
E-3

Posted: March 18 2018 at 3:17am | IP Logged Quote AKM-47

I've got cut-away drawings of it, if that helps? An interesting thing about it is some designer here in U.S. tested a belt feed version of it, if my memory serves me correctly.

View AKM-47's Profile Search for other posts by AKM-47

Hubby

E-3
E-3

Posted: March 19 2018 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote Hubby

I've got some cut away drawings, thank you for the offer though. & I know US Ordnance Dept. engineers created the prototype "T44" (google it for some photos) and it's basically an FG42 with an MG42 belt fed system slapped on; not sure if we're talking about the same thing or not.

Hubby

E-3
E-3

Posted: March 19 2018 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Hubby

Would anyone be able to take a look at this model on grabcad and come to a consensus as to how accurate they think it may be? It's obviously not entirely complete, but it could be a start; depending if it's consensus says it's a good place to start.
Link

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March 19 2018 at 11:22pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Hubby wrote:
I've got some cut away drawings, thank you for the offer though. & I know US Ordnance Dept. engineers created the prototype "T44" (google it for some photos) and it's basically an FG42 with an MG42 belt fed system slapped on; not sure if we're talking about the same thing or not.

http://www.historicalfirearms.info/post/54541188037/prototyp es-t44-m60-the-m60-had-a-relatively

Agree x 1
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

<< Prev Topic Blueprints and Drawings Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version