Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 28 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 30

We have 2 member(s), 9 spiders, 28 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
JulianSMB, Waltermox

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (187):
JulianSMB, Waltermox, empisypeSpeancy, soriissuend, reonfubrolo, FoneeZexCot, uplikigue, erolerenelo, mereebova, Mep, rang-tTourl, KeypeBreelty, alibiaEmand, Altessy, NinaJonathannag, Darinwhish, rulmiriucculkiz, Ielianilwourb, FugJertantara, HoxiasillHist, petHepsitEstifs, vozysoove, Murasnasp, Smallboy, fefAdmike, Juitlekneentero, Wraklyadula, fermneoroup, DavidCiC, MarkReext, ExceteRem, AusBernyO, EvGeniTNe85, JesusFum, darleneeg16, Shnavel, AndrejSlery, Bandinayawourb, chapelle444, Bartysmurl, Skiller, Dorirawourb, rheapl16, EvaemodE, Lewisdom, tiffanyaa3, Ballazanwourb, gildawp16, Jackiefiend, alansr69, Faf, phillipcm16, Nikejuire, Dovetoump, milagrostk3, WilliamMem, Canikmanik, Victorcit, bikergunnut, bertiesk69, CalvinVat, Anatoliywer, Fragkos, Keithvoivy, BennyGab, Israfacetex, karynxa60, erickayv60, Peterdenue, elizajr2, Joshuabaifs, ElianaShimonishinag, MilanHusaininag, TatloHit, ErrolRichternag, VaniaScothornnag, GerrySwansonnag, JoshuaItelt, backbencher, AlonsoRansbottomnag, ClarissaNitterhousen, lynnevk18, HildegardHirdnag, melanieod4, tanyaov60, JamesJig, SpikeBuilt, NadaDaskalnag, estelado1, AveryLeightnag, daisylm60, BrittEllerbeenag, janniefq60, kellyib4, aishane60, jamesjd2, viviangt2, RobinMarttensss, flossierk69, NanRibletnag, Richardguilt, Olgacag, cal50, avapr11, Swargo, jimdoc, alineww3, Lornakic, zicklon, Alonzosleep, Amarok, helgail60, vilmaho60, StanleyPer, LagertiLix, Derekrarty, allenep60, marilynyx60, cheriyx2, Jamesglide, petramx16, maladjusted451, berylcb16, melaniezf1, bbrown, lynettegs16, miguelld11, AlfredFem, FvytfVok, Karenkig, joshuaiz1, darleneiz2, lloydak69, ethelnu4, Lelandvak, marivx69, LjuterGloge, victoriatz2, jetloco, KennethdoK, MaisieHuitnag, VerlieFriesennag, ClairPillionnag, JoshBreachnag, SandyBouquetnag, LouVanenag, RogerWoows, CamilleDumaisnag, HobertMothershednag, Progonhic, RoxannaLovellnag, NorbertKeemannag, hulchpres, denniswb2, fannygo3, janiceet16, dunningben, Matthewbrutt, ericie4, pointman, angelineit16, cleouf69, terrietm1, kristierg2, effieab4, irmans16, azotas, AWilliamtoInc, estelleer18, GeorgeTip, deannarj16, tr6guns, Marvinjes, marinahz18, Vub, lenoradg60, Brianbop, Williestels, 11millimeter, hughwj2, marvaor60, MichaelSpoma, hopelv16, ronzor, antoniabe3, marciedl4, carlenevn3

hello I want to know how to dril a barrel
Weaponeer Forums : Open Forum

Posted in Open Forum
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  hagopalexan

Private
Private

Posted: June 19 2018 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote hagopalexan

Hello everyone hope yal doing well I want to ask how to drill a hole in barrel if i have a lathe what drill should i put a gun drill bit twist drill bit what? and also I will turn the barrel not the drill bit right? thank you in advance!
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 19 2018 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Spin the barrel. What caliber? Smoothbore? How long is the barrel?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

hagopalexan

Private
Private

Posted: June 19 2018 at 10:25am | IP Logged Quote hagopalexan

12 gauge shotgun smoothbore but is a twist bit drill or gun drill does it matter? and about the oils ? twist bit does not have oil I guess is it okey to use twist bit without oil to drill?thank you bikergunnut for the answer

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 19 2018 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

I'm no machinist, but you're gonna need oil.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 19 2018 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

PLENTY of oil. Any drill that leaves a hole the right size will work. Remember the hole will be a little bigger than the drill. How much bigger depends on your skill. Search deep hole drilling on the internet for good info.
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: June 20 2018 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

If you're making a shot gun barrel just use a piece of black pipe. Already damned near the right ID.
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

nobeltnium

Private
Private

Posted: June 28 2018 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote nobeltnium

There are an easier way to drill a bore, the bigger the bore the easier it gonna get. and it depend how long is your barrel.
first find your self a tube with the inner diameter is a little samller than you gonna need. I assume you making a 12gauge shotgun, in that case find a 18mm ID tube, seamless or not doesn't matter. the thickness is your choice

Next step get a 20.5mm drill bit. put it on a lathe and bore it out to make the chamber.
Boom! now you had a some what acceptable crude barrel for your boomer.
there are some more advance method and trick for you can make even better more precise barrel, but that'll involve drill bit lenghthen and some odd size drill bit that's not poppular on the market wich is a pain to get, at least in my place. i reccomend you try the above method wich is the easieast and i have used it many time before

and be sure to use plenty of oil, spin the barrel at a slow steady speed to prevent overheating wich can damage your drill bit.
make sure to retract the bit and use a brush to clear the foil after every 4-5mm or so. you dont want foil buid up inside and scre up your chamber
View nobeltnium's Profile Search for other posts by nobeltnium

KainKelly87

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: July 02 2018 at 1:06am | IP Logged Quote KainKelly87

hagopalexan wrote:
Hello everyone hope yal doing well I want to ask how to drill a hole in barrel if i have a lathe what drill should i put a gun drill bit twist drill bit what? and also I will turn the barrel not the drill bit right? thank you in advance!

Bill web made the to the best of my knowledge best gun drill set up for the home shop. This is a long of special equipment, that will take a fair bit of time and money to get.
View KainKelly87's Profile Search for other posts by KainKelly87

<< Prev Topic Open Forum Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version