Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
2 members and 41 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 43

We have 2 member(s), 4 spiders, 41 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
Guestinoni, Rardgreeddy

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (211):
Guestinoni, Juitlekneentero, alibiaEmand, fefAdmike, rulmiriucculkiz, PerLipBeilirl, Altessy, reonfubrolo, voldjeoveaM, FugJertantara, fermneoroup, KeypeBreelty, Murasnasp, Rardgreeddy, Emissoksattib, vozysoove, HoxiasillHist, mereebova, ExceteRem, beckyxj18, tesPexengexia, Wraklyadula, empisypeSpeancy, erolerenelo, FoneeZexCot, soriissuend, gila-arc, uplikigue, irony357, Charlesswarf, dasha1999-72, beulahwi60, Josh_Dale, kuanyw.m, wrksnfx, meghanok4, pankushka696, jimdoc, franklinld3, BerniceCox, Karloshtf, paganist, rusalkanna, solov-koresh, marysyndik, Anitamax, LorenREsolf, mariettaco11, deboratc11, bxilaxal82, bbrown, svetaalexs, azalka91, VikdoretBup, Robertbrake, blastattack, josephpo655, Annaeolatex, Geremosmurl, lom08-68n, leliavb60, Swedish 101, carmenzp60, Hildagex, robinqf2, Colleendealt, GordgWal, Sharonbal, sveta040489, andarma01, starsol241, esmin1991, valikotitan, yuliyaadeeva, Buran, ds1948, Robertpal, ClarataucT, dauren_-_94, kirasir1812, Jarvisgex, rasai1795, DarrickRoubs, ryche, z.antonin, SamuelNuado, Danielmek, zerkalo_test, smoke2004, Biktoria, Annauoaayef, 06adidas, GoldenKorsic, klichko2000, maryou3, Azdirom, NormanNek, JaredBox, EgoTripp, RaymondTwend, WayneAlaro, rlowe, Laindea, Cerikaemown, christinaqq60, RobertRooxy, Enigmgof, svetkatex, azotas, morristc18, Irisher, lilianys3, codyyd1, jordaneq11, miltonnv3, Ugivina, lilysa3, agrohimbis, TeamVega, Olbinavot, Annadouaref, AhcphAncet, Doanika, agrohimzyw, Ugastrial, AmzweAncet, WilliamEnamp, barrymg60, AhsuzAncet, lindsayfb60, nathanud60, AjmncAncet, MangoneBup, Michaelchilt, maryzz19xx, DaW, taniaqh2, IndicarZ, ApnqaAncet, louiseaf2, bikergunnut, Harryprozy, Ariananah, AnrcaAncet, Merbertmuh, alfredaw60, oraha, ernestdg2, AttihAncet, TerryFus, ypbyua, morrispu4, naomitt11, chapelle444, Paraquat, beverleydz4, serenaac4, AesdsAncet, corinaeo2, RonaldHiels, Mariaslemy, theresasi69, AyksgAncet, DaBears38, altheady18, MikeDub, DonnaTooke, AuhryAncet, ursulamu4, CharlesAntek, hilarycf11, AdfshAncet, agrohimcyy, ArnodAncet, lidiard4, charmdatettq, charmdatepmh, sarabw69, nelltf11, NerazumE, angelinetr16, hubel585, leonnh1, MikeTiceinjes, rickdt2, spolinen, eddieah3, lolaie4, Stevenpropy, Flux, earnestinecq2, billhw18, Richardthase, reynaxr16, backbencher, alanub18, nolacg16, charmdatextp, adriennevv60, smolonen, m1a76251, shawnamb1, codygr4, darcyiy60, cynthiawl11, jeremybl1, floridadon, gayoo11, ThomasMut, carolinewd1, Bernardabist

Need guide to DIY semi auto pistol
Weaponeer Forums : DIY Projects

Posted in DIY Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Unknown_gun

Private
Private

Posted: September 10 2018 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote Unknown_gun

Hello, i just finish my semi auto pistol couple week ago, the design actually combined of many type of factory pistol. The frame and slide similar to 1911, trigger group and barrel similar to sig p938. It chambered in custom caliber, since i don't have access to any pistol ammo. The only thing i get is 5.56 brass and cut it with length of 19mm and reload it with lead cast bullet and matches powder. I got a problem with the chamber, the ammo cycles well if you not fire the gun. But when i fire it, mostly the case will stuck in the chamber half way and i need to punch to get it out, but sometimes it extract and eject the case well.
What i need to do to get it work properly?
The gun get some power to penetrate 1 inch wood board
I have polish the chamber and get some lube to the ammo casing
And still get the same result

Is it because the brass is tapered and i made straight wall chamber?
A little info about the ammo i made
Rim diamter 9.6mm
Base diameter 9.58
Neck diameter 9.2mm
Case length 19mm
Overall length 27mm
Bullet diameter 8.6mm
Bullet length 14mm
(Haven't measure the bullet weight)

The gun was tested remotely using string

Any help is appreciated

Agree
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Unknown_gun's Profile Search for other posts by Unknown_gun

Paraquat

1LT
1LT

Posted: September 10 2018 at 7:05am | IP Logged Quote Paraquat

This sounds like an awesome "behind enemy lines" build.

I am assuming South America?

What does your extractor look like? Can you see drag marks down the side of the case? Can you try making it a little longer or add a little more spring pressure?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View Paraquat's Profile Search for other posts by Paraquat

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 10 2018 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Welcome to Weaponeer.  Got any Legos?

Have you tried reducing the powder charge?  The case may be sticking to the chamber because the pressure is too high.  You'll need to clean the bore every time after shooting - your powder will tend to foul the barrel quickly.

Perhaps someone else will weigh in, but while I'm pleased your pistol and ammunition work, I'm concerned you might blow your gun up.  I'd feel slightly better if your pistol was straight blowback, rather than a tilting barrel with locking breech.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

tr6guns

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 10 2018 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote tr6guns

Two many things that haven't been explained to make an educated guess. First what's the weight of the recoil spring, what's the type and weight of the powder, you say the bullet will penetrate a 1" board. A 22 short will do that. Like said before, check the tension of the extractor, maybe it's not grabbing the case hard enough.

Unknown_gun

Private
Private

Posted: September 10 2018 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote Unknown_gun

tr6guns wrote:
Two many things that haven't been explained to make an educated guess. First what's the weight of the recoil spring, what's the type and weight of the powder, you say the bullet will penetrate a 1" board. A 22 short will do that. Like said before, check the tension of the extractor, maybe it's not grabbing the case hard enough.

I mean it go through 1" hard wood board and still penetrate a tree behind it deep enough. The slide weight allmost the same with glock 19 slide is about 350 gram and about the spring weight i'm guessing it is about 10-15 pound, since i have no tool to measure it. That's also my mistake. That kind of tool is pretty rare here. Thank you for your response, i'll check the extractor spring

Unknown_gun

Private
Private

Posted: September 10 2018 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote Unknown_gun

backbencher wrote:
Welcome to Weaponeer.  Got any Legos?
<br>
Have you tried reducing the powder charge?  The case may be sticking to the chamber because the pressure is too high.  You'll need to clean the bore every time after shooting - your powder will tend to foul the barrel quickly.<br>
<br>
Perhaps someone else will weigh in, but while I'm pleased your pistol and ammunition work, I'm concerned you might blow your gun up.  I'd feel slightly better if your pistol was straight blowback, rather than a tilting barrel with locking breech.

Yes the powder looks like verry corrosive, after i shoot a few rounds and let it for two days, and there is some rust sign in the chamber and around it. I'm thinking of using blank nail gun powder, is it a good idea?
I have no access to smokeless powder

I've tried with straight blow back, it got some problem that some unburnt powder sprayed around my face because the slide and recoil spring weight is not enough to hold the case in

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 10 2018 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Unknown_gun wrote:
   Yes the powder looks like verry corrosive, after i shoot a few rounds and let it for two days, and there is some rust sign in the chamber and around it. I'm thinking of using blank nail gun powder, is it a good idea?
I have no access to smokeless powder

I've tried with straight blow back, it got some problem that some unburnt powder sprayed around my face because the slide and recoil spring weight is not enough to hold the case in

I don't think using nail gun powder in a locked breech gun is a good idea.  It burns very quickly to propel a nail - your bullet is much heavier, which will mean much higher pressure and likely blow your gun up.

I would highly suggest, given your powder supply of highly variable composition, that you convert your design to a fixed barrel with a heavier blowback slide.  I realize that a heavier gun is less convenient, but it is very difficult to make a blowback gun explode - whereas you risk that with every shot with your locked breech design.

In the US, we have access to a multitude of different varieties of smokeless and black powder, and people still manage to blow guns up.

Using match powder, you are dependent on the match manufacturer keeping his match formula the same - which he is under no obligation to do.  I would suggest you make your own black powder, as you can much more easily control the composition of it and lower the risk of your gun exploding in your hand.
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

Unknown_gun

Private
Private

Posted: September 10 2018 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote Unknown_gun

Paraquat wrote:
This sounds like an awesome "behind enemy lines" build.
<br>
I am assuming South America?
<br>
What does your extractor look like? Can you see drag marks down the side of the case? Can you try making it a little longer or add a little more spring pressure?

Nope, i'm not American

I use external extractor like sig p938 does, just to make as simple as posible with less tool. Only got angle grinder, hand drill and welding machine, but i go to lathe shop to make the barrel.

I will make a new barrel with tapered chamber since the case is tapered and play with extractor spring too. The barrel i have now is straight wall chamber, i don't know if it will be a problem.

<< Prev Topic DIY Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version