Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 25 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 28

We have 3 member(s), 3 spiders, 25 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
justin22885, Talay31, Sagittarii

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (50):

Vorvon Entry- The "Urban Brawler"
Weaponeer Forums : Home Build Projects

Posted in Home Build Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 14 2007 at 5:55pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

Oh poor poor credit card that has not been used in 3 years probably! This is what I just bought:

T21120

1 OD x .120 wall x .760 ID  DOM Seamless Structural Round Steel Tube 2.0 Ft. 1   $10.82
< =addQuantity.p method=post> 
T21121 1-1/2 OD x .250 wall x 1.00 ID  DOM Seamless Structural Round Steel Tube 1.0 Ft. 1 $15.02
T234065 3/4 OD x .065 wall x .620 ID  DOM Seamless Structural Round Steel Tube 2.0 Ft. 1   $7.12
T234120 3/4 OD x .120 wall x .510 ID  DOM Seamless Structural Round Steel Tube 2.0 Ft. 1   $8.46
T3311218 3 x 1-1/2 x 1/8 wall  6063 Aluminum Rectangle Tube 4.0 Ft. 1 $37.80
02589 5/32 Dia.  O-1 Drill Rod 3.0 Ft. 1   $6.81
R314 1/4 inch Dia. Round Bar  6061-T6 Aluminum Round 2.0 Ft. 1 $2.40

1 x 10. Firing Pin $6.00
1 x 28. Hammer with J Pin $12.50
1 x 27. Hammer Spring $1.00
1 x 19. Disconnector $4.25
1 x 16. Disconnector Spring $0.50
1 x 12. Hammer & Trigger Pins (2) $2.10
1 x 18. Trigger Spring $1.00
1 x 17. Trigger $11.00
1 x 14. Cam Pin $3.75
1 x 16b. Right-Handed Bolt Assembly

$45.00

http://www.robertrtg.com/g3cockingtrunion.html 

http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code= IO&Product_Code=PPSH0009&Category_Code=Group+Buy

I have the G3 cocking tube/trunion, I ordered two PPSH barrels on the 11th when they were $19.95 a piece, and I have a 16" aluminum Picatinny rail that the sights will be mounted on and used for red dot optics.

This is going to use the best qualitys from 4 totally different rifles.

AR: front sight, rear sight, fire control group, and bolt with cam pin.

AK: recoil spring, two pistol grips, bolt carrier will ride on rails like an AK.

G3: cocking tube and possibly trunion assembly.

PPSH: barrel sleeved to legal length and stick/drum mags.

Receiver will be a two piece design.

#1) Steel inner receiver will be skeletonized and just long enough to house the FCG, mount the barrel, hold the stick/drum mags, and provide rails to guide the bolt carrier. This is what will take the abuse.

#2) 26" long aluminum rectangular tube to be the main body to mount the grips, protect the innards, and provide legal rifle length.

The steel receiver will fit inside the aluminum rectangle tube and be attached with many rivets. The two pieces will be coated seperately before being riveted together to keep corrosion from happening. The bolt carrier will be custom built from tube steel to resemble a G3 bolt carrier.

Oh and this WILL BE A BULLPUP TOO!

This will be my 4th build. #1 semi Sten, #2 semi M-56, and #3 bullpup AK.

I have fallen for bullpup designs! The only draw back is getting a good trigger pull and getting used to the mag changes. If designed correctly the trigger pull is a non-issue and with practice so is the mag changes. But with 71 round drum mags I will have plenty of time between mag changes.....

I will post pics when I get the parts and start working on this.

Mike

Edited by Vorvon
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: December 14 2007 at 6:54pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

You have my attention. I also am a sucker for a crazy build.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: December 14 2007 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

Oh hell yes, I do want a bullpup!

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: December 14 2007 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

I also ordered that AK bullpup kit from CFS, but decided I really should save my money and do my own.

I am looking forward to the pictures!

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 15 2007 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

I removed the cut stub of a barrel in the G3 cocking tube/trunion assembly and chopped the rear lower quarter of the trunion off so I could slide a PPSH barrel in. Sleeveing the barrel into the G3 trunion won't work as easy as I thought it might- so back to plan "A."

I will remove the trunion and use the materials I ordered to construct a new trunion and weld it onto the cocking tube assembly. The barrel extention will then slide into the trunion and the barrel into the barrel extention with a little bit of work from the Dremel. A little welding and it will be all legal like.

I think the steel receiver will only be like 8" long and the first 1" will be barrel trunion. I have to wait until all the parts arrive before I can be sure though. Seeing that the 7.62x25 is like half the length and less powerful than the 7.62x39 I can do with a shorter stroke of the bolt carrier and cut the origional recoil spring down some.

No pictures yet. Maybe in a week when the parts arrive!

Mike

View Vorvon's Profile Search for other posts by Vorvon

gclark94560
Gay Rights Advocate
Private
Private

Posted: December 15 2007 at 6:46pm | IP Logged Quote gclark94560

Go for it!!  Creativity rules!!

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: December 15 2007 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

One crazy idea I have for a crazy build is a 10/22 pistol. I have all the parts minus a receiver. I have not been able to find a 80% yet and debating the idea of a scratch build. Either I will use a heavy bull barrel or use a smaller one with a barrel shroud so it would have the look of a Tec22. Of course it would be colored a nice evil black color.

overtheedge0

Private
Private

Posted: December 16 2007 at 2:29am | IP Logged Quote overtheedge0

dcorb,

here is a link for 80% 10/22 reciever http://www.tanneryshop.com/80-1022.htm

View overtheedge0's Profile Search for other posts by overtheedge0

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 17 2007 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

AR parts are shipping out the 19th.....

Gotta call on the metal bits though. Seems like I never changed my address so when I ordered it came up incorrect for billing vs. shipping. It will be fixed by tomorrow.

Mike

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: December 17 2007 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

You probably have dcorb drooling on his keyboard. It may be best just to build it and then post pics, otherwise there might be a run on keyboards. 

BP #8 September 11, 12 2010

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
but the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
View gunguyr's Profile Search for other posts by gunguyr

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: December 17 2007 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

gunguyr wrote:
You probably have dcorb drooling on his keyboard. It may be best just to build it and then post pics, otherwise there might be a run on keyboards. 

Now where did I put that picture of Mark? I have this urge to turn him into an elf 

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: December 17 2007 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

dcorb wrote:

gunguyr wrote:

Now where did I put that picture of Mark? I have this urge to turn him into an elf 

Don't do it Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!

BP #8 September 11, 12 2010

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
but the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
View gunguyr's Profile Search for other posts by gunguyr

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 18 2007 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

Haha change your shorts....

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 19 2007 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

Whoa baby I got the stuff from Stag Arms and all I can say is PERFECTION! I talked to the metal supply company and got things straightened out with them so I should get that and the barrels next week sometime. Muahahahaha....

Mike

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 20 2007 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

The stuff from Metals Depot should be here tomorrow! Now I am waiting for my damn barrels to get here! I have one but would like to use the the "new" ones instead since the one I have goes with an EXCELLENT (and complete)PPsH parts kit...

Mike 

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 21 2007 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

Did some drawing and brain storming today:

Instead of riding on two rails the .75" diameter bolt will be supported on each side by .76" ID tube that I will cut into quarters and weld one quarter onto the left and right to guide the bolt.

The butt plate/ rear of the receiver will come off like a H&K 91 but the pins will be vertical instead of horizontal. I will be using H&K 91 pins though....

Bolt assembly will travel about 3" rearward and the shock will be lessened by a .125" thick piece of rubber attached at the rear. I haven't quite decided how to limit foreward travel yet though.

Trigger assembly is worked out.

The steel inner receiver will be 8.25" long.

AR-15 bolt will have all the lucking lugs removed except the bottom two. They will strip rounds from the mag. The key that connects the origional bolt to the AR-15 carrier assembly will be used to keep the modified bolt into my scratch built carrier. A spring will be added to the firing pin.

Mags/drums will have a slight upward tilt.

Mike

tommerr

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 21 2007 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote tommerr

Enough of the bs. We want pictures!
Disagree x 1

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 22 2007 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

Tommerr! How are you doing?

I have been really busy lately so no progress yet. Just collecting parts so far. But after the holiday I will start and I have to use a week of vacation soon so much will be done then.

I got the metal stuff yesterday but they goofed up (first time since I have started using them) and sent 2"x4" and not 1.5"x3" aluminum rectangle tube.... So I have to call em right after I write this. No biggie though since I will need the aluminum rectangle tube towards the end of the project.

I will try to post pictures on Sunday.

Have a good x-mas everyone!

Mike

tommerr

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 22 2007 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote tommerr

Vorvon,

I remember before you went to war and I promised to convert a Suomi bolt for you. If you have a bolt, I will convert it as a welcome home gift. I got an email from you saying that you had a temporary assignment do construction inside an air conditioned building. I remember telling you to keep your head down and stay there. As a Swede/German and living in northern Illinois, I know how to rapidly end the war. We should send them 3 to 4 feet of snow and -20F weather for three weeks until the bastards stop. If they do not stop, lets double the snow and cold and time. I formulated this strategy in Viet Nam. I have endured -34F while camping, yes I did in a teepee, and I cannot imagine a hot country not being paralyzed. Pray for lots of cold and snow as an American gift to the wacko's.

I now have official approvals for a Suomi takedown and the bolt conversion. Please tell me about your future plans. Will you be a lifer? Yes or no, you may be eligible for resupply packages including parts. I remember getting a 30 pound package from home. We were in the mountains around Chu Lai. Imagine adding 30 lbs to a 100 lb ruck sack and climbing steep hills. I ended up giving a few things away. You are now on flat ground!

All the Best

Tom

Vorvon

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: December 23 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote Vorvon

I don't know if I will do a Suomi conversion. I have 2 kits though hehe. Thanks for keeping the offer open though! Now maybe I will since I dont have to do the PITA bolt conversion..... hmmmm.... I will let you know.

Yeah I can vouch for the cold weather thing. I left in the beginning of November 06' and the last 2 weeks the temp went from high 80's to low 70's at night and I was horrible! Add some wind and I was shaking uncontrolably! I could not imagine having snow hehe. I could handle the cold weather before my deployment (from hunting). But then I got used to the 120+ degree heat. And then it got "colder" and now my body is all messed up and I cannot stand either.

I still do not know if I will be in for 20 years. I will have 8 good years in the reserves by the time my contract is up so I will be half way there. And I am an E-5 and I still have 4 years left on my contract (16 years until retirement). I WILL make E-6 by 2011 so if I extend and do my 20 I could be E-8 to retire. I still want to build my own house, MAYBE marry the girlfriend if she is nice, start a family, etc. so there is still a lot to figure out.

Oh the pics just finished loading...Be right back....

Mike

Edited by Vorvon

<< Prev Topic Home Build Projects Next Topic >>

Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version