Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 29 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 30

We have 1 member(s), 31 spiders, 29 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
rtaylor129

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (51):

PPsh 41
Weaponeer Forums : PPSH41 and PPSH48

Posted in PPSH41 and PPSH48
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  ak47dennis

MSG
MSG

Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote ak47dennis

EZFEED wrote:

OK, has anyone built their own PPSH 41 SA yet???? I have read many reviews on the SR-41 and concluded that it must suck.

Has anyone made any headway yet? I ordered a kit so what are the guidelines?

I know that there is a smoothbore tube welded to the barrel to bring it out to 16" and the barrels welded permanently in place. What else????

For some reason the pictures aren’t very clear, But I think these were pictures of my carbon copy of the SR 41. I never really had any problems with either of them that weren’t mag related. It seems that some of my WW2 mags have the feed lips opened up causing them not to chamber the round right, the drums run smmmmootthh. That plug is solid, I wish I had an accurate small scale I could weight them.

-EZFEED, you maybe right on with bolt weights being light cause they do seem to run better on the norinco ammo which is a lighter load.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

View ak47dennis's Profile Search for other posts by ak47dennis

EZFEED

2LT
2LT

Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:51pm | IP Logged Quote EZFEED

Cool!!! So you already built one then!!!!! Was it very hard????
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View EZFEED's Profile Search for other posts by EZFEED Visit EZFEED's Homepage

ak47dennis

MSG
MSG

Posted: February 26 2004 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote ak47dennis

No, not really. The bolts are hard, so I have customer that’s a heat-treating dude so I have the bolts annealed before you try and drill and mill them. The Hungarian bolts seem to turn out a little better, when you drill thru the bolt to install the firing pin the slot for the ejector it gets real thin. Just like if you ever taken a sten bolt in the lathe and drill down thru the center it goes thru the extractor spring pocket and ejector slot.

I have been wanting to get you guys the dimensions out of the receiver but I am a terrible artist.

View ak47dennis's Profile Search for other posts by ak47dennis

Nodak

MSG
MSG

Posted: February 26 2004 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote Nodak

ak47dennis,

Do you suppose this might be something that could be added to weaponeer's homesmith site? (oh, and of course if weaponeer feels it is a good idea too...)

I've got a couple kits coming in the next group buy, and the more info the better...!!!

-KT

View Nodak's Profile Search for other posts by Nodak

rynich

SSG
SSG

Posted: April 26 2004 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote rynich

Here is something Iposted on the Homesmith site, I will get pics up as soon as I can.

I was sitting watching the news one night thinking of how I could modify the trigger group (FCG) and it hit how easy it would be.  I pushed the sear I think it is as far up as possible and held the bolt carrier catch down with my thumb at the same time.  When you do this the FCG  will work only in semi mode, to test this I drilled a hole through the FCG housing and into the sear while I held it in the upright most position.  I threaded the hole on the housing and ground down the end of a 10x32nd screw so it would fit in the 1/8th inch hole I made in the sear.  This locked the sear into position,  I then cut the top of the sear off flush with the top of the FCG housing, now put it back into the lower receiver and pull the trigger, it should operate in the semi mode.  I loaned my camera out or I would give some pics to Gary.  Does anyone know if this modification would meet legal requirements for a  semi build.

View rynich's Profile Search for other posts by rynich

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 26 2004 at 9:38pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

rynich wrote:

Here is something Iposted on the Homesmith site, I will get pics up as soon as I can.

I was sitting watching the news one night thinking of how I could modify the trigger group (FCG) and it hit how easy it would be.  I pushed the sear I think it is as far up as possible and held the bolt carrier catch down with my thumb at the same time.  When you do this the FCG  will work only in semi mode, to test this I drilled a hole through the FCG housing and into the sear while I held it in the upright most position.  I threaded the hole on the housing and ground down the end of a 10x32nd screw so it would fit in the 1/8th inch hole I made in the sear.  This locked the sear into position,  I then cut the top of the sear off flush with the top of the FCG housing, now put it back into the lower receiver and pull the trigger, it should operate in the semi mode.  I loaned my camera out or I would give some pics to Gary.  Does anyone know if this modification would meet legal requirements for a  semi build.

Maybe if it was welded
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

BigMike

SFC
SFC

Posted: April 27 2004 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote BigMike

To be legal the whole auto FCG must be replaced so that the bolt has a floating firing pin, the lower has a hammer, sear and trigger AND it fires from a closed bolt. Plus it has to be made so the original FCG can not be installed.  Even dicking with it the way you discribe would drive the powers that are nuts if they would ever see it.

Look at the SR pics, the whole bottom of the lower is milled away, uses AK HTS and original FCG can't be re installed installed.

View BigMike's Profile Search for other posts by BigMike

rynich

SSG
SSG

Posted: May 05 2004 at 10:00pm | IP Logged Quote rynich

Gary,

It will be welded and EZFEED suggested welding in some blocking material which I think I will do. 

BIGMIKE,

What would happen if you installed the original FCG in the lower reciever with gapping cutout, would it not work?  I'm not trying to be a smart A$$, I just don't have another lower to cut up and find out.  At this point I have only worked on my lower reciever and yes I have drilled through the bolt and installed a firing pin so it will fire from the closed bolt position.  I have also made a striker plate system that I think would work, I have a friend trying to mill me a firing pin.  When I get my camera back I will send pics to gary to post.  Thanks for your input Gary and BIGMIKE.

rynich

SSG
SSG

Posted: May 05 2004 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote rynich

Gary,

I just sent you a concept drawing, of my semi bolt and striker design.

BigMike

SFC
SFC

Posted: May 05 2004 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote BigMike

Believe me when I say: "More power to you" but the fact is what I think has absolutely no relivance. The only people that count at this point are those at the ATF Tech Branch. Do your mods and send it in for approval, then tell us what they say.

So far as I know there is only one approved semi PPSh (and I haven't seen the letter) and those are the guys that made the SR 41 or whatever they call it. Stay as close to that design or go even further and we're probably OK but "sitting watching the news one night thinking of how I could modify the trigger group (FCG) and it hit how easy it would be.  I pushed the sear I think it is as far up as possible and held the bolt carrier catch down with my thumb at the same time" I don't think would cut it but we'll never know until when and if it's ever "approved" by the Tech Branch.

All I know is that I'm about to send out a form 1 to build a semi SBR PPSh clone and will wait until I see if it's approved. Included is a letter with some of the pics above to explain how I plan to build it but until it's OK'd I don't know if they'll go for that either.

View BigMike's Profile Search for other posts by BigMike

rynich

SSG
SSG

Posted: May 07 2004 at 9:49am | IP Logged Quote rynich

BIGMIKE,

Do you have an answer to the question I first asked.

Second, are you telling me that I am violating some law by hacking around on the lower reciever, when the upper is still in pieces?  As far as I have read, I don't believe Iam doing anything wrong by modifying the lower reciever parts so as to test for function.   I just put the idea I had up so maybe someone would be interested in adding on there ideas.  I don't even care if this becomes functional or not, I'm a thinker and a dreamer and I do this most of my waking hours.  If I'm braking the law then I want to know about it, if not I don't need to be schooled on gun laws.  Sometimes I asked newbie type questions because it is like fishing, you never know who will come along with a completely new idea for an old problem.  I don't care if  I shoot anything I build, for me it is the challenge and process that is most interesting.  I'm not trying to make full auto FCG, I was just trying to find a way of remanufacturing the existing parts to work in a semi mode only configuration.

I like this site because there are people like yourself with lots of knowlegde that can help everyone and keep us all legal.  I don't claim to know everything, and I will be the first to addmit when I'm wrong.  I would like to send my stuff in for approval but I don't have the time right now or the software anymore to put what I have together in a neet package for the BATF tech branch to look at.

halik

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: May 07 2004 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote halik

rynich,

You are not breaking any law messing around with the lower, and that's not what BigMike was trying to say.

What he was trying to say, is that what me, him, you or even Gary considers "legal" is totally irrelevant. ATF it the first, last and only ones that can decide that.

BTW if you willing to send me your plans, I'll get you a feedback.

LMK

Halik

View halik's Profile Search for other posts by halik

Nodak

MSG
MSG

Posted: May 07 2004 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote Nodak

Rynich, halik, BigMike, et.al.,

Have you looked at the SAS3 kit for the STEn.  The fire-control-group is not modified.  The receiver is modified so that the FCG can ONLY work in semi-mode. (oh, and the selector should be welded in place too)

Why not try doing something like described above by modifying the FCG so that it can function in semi ONLY without replacing it?
Again, looking at SAS3, a hammer could/should/must still be incorporated with a floating firing pin and work with the the original sear and FCG that has been PERMANENTLY MODIFIED to be in SEMI ONLY!

What do you all think???

View Nodak's Profile Search for other posts by Nodak

rynich

SSG
SSG

Posted: May 11 2004 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote rynich

Halik,

I don't mind sending you the concept I have I just got my camera back so I will send some pics to Gary to post for me tomorrow night.

I understand that BIGMIKE is just trying to keep me and others on the legal side and I appreciate that.

Nodak,

when you see the pics I have done kind of what you are talking about, but do to recent events I won't be able to weld on the parts untill this weekend.

gootch

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: May 14 2004 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote gootch

stenparts,com has sr-41 trigger groups and hammer springs for sale. he bought them from the guy who made the sr-41 for inter-ordinance
View gootch's Profile Search for other posts by gootch

EZFEED

2LT
2LT

Posted: May 15 2004 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote EZFEED

Nodak is right. You can do that as he described as long as it is no longer compatible or interchangeable with the original receiver.

For example. On my MG-34, I will build the receiver so that it will no longer accept a original, unmodified bolt or sear. The bolt will no longer trip itself to fire as I will remove and weld up those areas and relocate a striker catch to the rear of the bolt. My trigger housing will have undersize mounting lugs to fit the built up lugs on the receiver. All I am doing to the trigger housing is to remove the FA feature from it and permanantly alter it to work in semi only. That's perfectly legal.    

Foobarr

Level 2 Site Sponsor
Level 2 Site Sponsor

Posted: May 15 2004 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Foobarr

EZFEED.

Where you getting a reciever, or parts?  The ones I got from FAC where pretty narly.

EZFEED

2LT
2LT

Posted: May 15 2004 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote EZFEED

For the PPSH or MG-34?????????

For the PPSH you can actually bend your own using the same thickness steel as original. I think it's 3mm? It will be a little tricky getting the rear round like the original but then again it is covered by the latch so you don't have to worry about it being pretty or even similar to the original. Just be sure that you weld the rail on BEFORE you graft it to the demilled leftovers of the receiver. If you need a print of the original receiver let me know cause I have one I can email to you but I think Gary has already posted it here. You can also get receiver sections from Stenparts.

For the MG-34 you should get one from IMA. FAC has junk receivers as shown from the pics on the group buy. I emailed IMA the pictures of the receiver cuts that I wanted and made clear to them that it was usless that they send me anything besides that. If they could not find a simalar cut receiver then I wanted my order canceled. I also made clear that they could possibly find parts from their inventory that would overlap in the cuts and if it was possible without screwing up the organization of things I would most likely prefer that. I also clearly stated that I would need these for a buildup of a "sample" and so led them to beleive that I was a C2.

Do whatever you can to ensure you get a receiver that is acceptable, send them pictures!!!!!! I can deal with anything but I would prefer untouched grip lugs, and as uncut as possible stock threads. They printed the pic and stapled it to my order, I was on the phone as they did it.

Edited by EZFEED

hotrodpierre

Private
Private

Posted: July 28 2004 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote hotrodpierre

Greetings!
My name is Jake, and this is my first post . I own a PPSH-41 parts kit that I would like to convert to semi-auto. Where can ipurchase the parts necessary to start and complete such a conversion. I have looked at the drawings on this website and can't make hide nor tails of it. Is their a manual or a step by step instruction sheet on how to do this?
Looking forward to your replies,
Jake
View hotrodpierre's Profile Search for other posts by hotrodpierre

K8lyn

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: November 29 2004 at 8:22pm | IP Logged Quote K8lyn

Hi Group,

I recognize some here, Gootch and Pfc15 especially, here's my question.  Has anyone successfully grafted an SKS triggergroup into/onto the Ppsh frame?  It looks like it might drop right into the Ppsh trigger frame if one cut off the SKS magazine junk and trigger bow.

Just Curious.....

Kate

View K8lyn's Profile Search for other posts by K8lyn Visit K8lyn's Homepage

<< Prev Topic PPSH41 and PPSH48 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version