Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 31 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 32

We have 1 member(s), 8 spiders, 31 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
justin22885

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (59):

DROR 8mm
Weaponeer Forums : DROR and Johnson LMG

Posted in DROR and Johnson LMG
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 19 2007 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

It's an interesting weapon...  fires from the open bolt for FA, and closed bolt for SA.

It should not be a big deal to convert to SA

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 21 2007 at 9:30pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The build should be easy..  but 922R should be more interesting

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions) not sure if this applies
(5) Muzzle attachments not sure if this applies
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

Green = not an issue

yellow = known items

Replace the Trigger, Hammer, Sear, and wood pistol grips, and it should comply with 922R.

The Magazines should not be a problem if they are US made BAR mags.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 21 2007 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Here are the photos of the actual parts kit

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 21 2007 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 28 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I received the parts kit today...

First off...  this is one interesting design...

The FCG works just fine as a closed bolt semi.  just eliminate the the FA parts from the design, and weld in a blocking rail in the lower to prevent reinstallation of the FA FCG and it's a semi. (it still needs US made FCG parts reproduced, or the installation of an AR15 FCG, which may be possible)

The lower will need to be modified so another FA lower cannot be installed (this will be very easy)

Upper receiver blocking rail..  I have a few thoughts on this already and it should not be a big issue.

The front flash hider can be replaced (it's just pinned in place) with a muzzle break.

The bolt/carrier should require minimal modification (basically the same modification as the AR15 semi bolt carrier)

The demil is not too bad and should be fairly easy to reweld.  There are several points that allow you to get the proper length of the original receiver. The hard part will be making some welding jigs for a few of the complex upper receiver shapes.

The funny thing is it's basically a really big AR15 with a quick detach barrel

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 28 2007 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

More detailed photos of the DROR

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 28 2007 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 28 2007 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 28 2007 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Riddbits

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: January 20 2008 at 12:10am | IP Logged Quote Riddbits

Do you have access to a mag that we can pattern the front lug off of? I just got the kit on GB and would like to get accessories and mags right off the bat. It will take some time to figure out the build. How close is the trigger group to the 1941 Johnson rifle. If we can get original parts for the US Johnson, that is parts toward 922r.
View Riddbits's Profile Search for other posts by Riddbits

CAPTEOD

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: February 01 2008 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote CAPTEOD

I have access to an original Johnson Magazine and I have contacted a friend who works at IMI to see if he can find the original design drawings.  If so I will post them for the group. 

If anyone has another Parts kit, I am VERY interested.

View CAPTEOD's Profile Search for other posts by CAPTEOD

panaceabeachbum

LTC
LTC

Posted: February 01 2008 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote panaceabeachbum

I somehow missed the GB on these are any srill avail? Never saw it posted
View panaceabeachbum's Profile Search for other posts by panaceabeachbum

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: February 01 2008 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

Gary picked up his on Gunbroker

BP #8 September 11, 12 2010

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
but the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
View gunguyr's Profile Search for other posts by gunguyr

ppsh41

CSM
CSM

Posted: February 01 2008 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote ppsh41

on gb now Auction # 91273118 
View ppsh41's Profile Search for other posts by ppsh41

Riddbits

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: February 02 2008 at 12:10am | IP Logged Quote Riddbits

I talked to the guy offering this kit. He said that he has a few left. Magazines are simply BAR mags with a bent piece of metal spot welded to the front of it. Gary put up some good pictures of it on the other thread. For more reference:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/dror/Dror. html

ppsh41

CSM
CSM

Posted: February 02 2008 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote ppsh41

Edited by Weaponeer
View ppsh41's Profile Search for other posts by ppsh41

Riddbits

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: February 28 2008 at 3:10am | IP Logged Quote Riddbits

I think I have located mags. I am ordering a few to see if they were made in Israel or if they are converted BAR mags. I will post photo's of what I get when they get here.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 05 2008 at 2:28am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Well, I have confirmed that an AR15 semi FCG will work perfectly with the DROR.

In fact, the hard part of the conversion is actually making the rewelding jig (I have not started mine yet).

The bolt should need no real modification at all, as the AR FCG fits the bolt.

The lower receiver has lots of room for blocking bars, and for the AR FCG.  The only item I have not figured out yet is the safety.

Riddbits

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: April 05 2008 at 2:36am | IP Logged Quote Riddbits

What about an M-14 FCG?

I got to handle a semi at the Big Reno Show last weekend. The dealer had some Johnsons and DROR's that he had built years ago. He wouldn't let me take it down to see how he had put in blocking rails or made changes to the lower, but he did say that he used Johnson 1941 trigger parts. Like we can find quantities fo those. It was neat to compare a .303 first pattern to a 8mm Second pattern.

Edited by Riddbits

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:03am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I'm going with AR FCG parts mainly for two reasons...

The DROR is basically a big AR.  The bolt is pretty much the same, and the FCG will not require any changes.  In fact the bolt and AR FCG fits so well I don't think any mods will be required.

As far as receiver mods..  a blocking bar will be needed where the old FA FCG were placed (both in the upper and lower receiver).  The AR FCG gets mounted much farther to the rear than the old FCG, so the block bar mods are super easy.

This would be an easy build with a receiver welding jig.

<< Prev Topic DROR and Johnson LMG Next Topic >>

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version