Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
3 members and 29 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 32

We have 3 member(s), 9 spiders, 29 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
pacebm, Ralphtax, sophiecq69

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (43):

FlameThrowers !!
Weaponeer Forums : Home Build Projects

Posted in Home Build Projects
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 19 2009 at 11:17am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I still like the mini flare idea for starting it
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 30 2010 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I figured this one would be finished by now.  
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 30 2010 at 6:56pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

or done (well-done)  lol 

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: May 30 2010 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

The idea of a flame thrower still scares me.
View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 30 2010 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

dcorb wrote:
The idea of a flame thrower still scares me.

having been on the wrong end of fire in the past, it freaks me out as well.

Super90

Private
Private

Posted: January 04 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote Super90

Hey guys, I'm new here and I just read this whole thread. Hope it's ok for me to bump it. Awesome work I see going on! I'm in the process of designing one myself, I picked up an old water fire extinguisher that's perfect for this.

I have an idea with regards to the fine stream of diesel not igniting, and the set screw. What if I attached something a few inches away from the nozzle to help spread the diesel so it will ignite, but have a nice fine stream before this to prevent any possible backflash? See the picture:

View Super90's Profile Search for other posts by Super90

RVM45

SFC
SFC

Posted: January 04 2011 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote RVM45

I have Ragnar Benson's "Breath of The Dragon".

According to Benson, the Backpack version will only hold enough "Go-Juice" for about 7.5 seconds. [Kinda Like those Backpack Rockets--and for roughly the same reason--there's a practical limit to how much fuel you can conveniently carry. O sure, if you're good and strong, then you might carry nine or ten seconds worth.....]

Without Napalm--or something similar--you won't be able to take out Tanks with it--probably couldn't even stop a Bradley.....

In my Novella "Calderas", Benson's big stationary flamethrowers played a major role.

.....RVM45        &n bsp;     

Must be Flying Saucers; I don't believe in Aeroplanes.
View RVM45's Profile Search for other posts by RVM45

boss429

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: June 11 2012 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote boss429

FYI-road flares put off a gas that puts fire out.

Buck Rogers

Private
Private

Posted: September 10 2012 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote Buck Rogers

View Buck Rogers's Profile Search for other posts by Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers

Private
Private

Posted: September 10 2012 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote Buck Rogers

Has anyone got a good close-up image of the flamethrowers used in the 2012 Summer Paralympics closing ceremony?

From what I can tell from internet images, they seemed to fire propane or similar, and to use a large fire extinguisher as its backpack fuel tank.

View Buck Rogers's Profile Search for other posts by Buck Rogers

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 11 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

drewgun

Level 3 Site Sponsor
Level 3 Site Sponsor

Posted: September 11 2012 at 5:29am | IP Logged Quote drewgun

I read the thread and like it alot. I may jump into a build. I've seen matches dropped into diesel/JP8/JP4 and extinguish the fire. It's the fumes that combust, not the liquid. On jet engine, they use fuel nozzles that turns the fuel sprayed into a fine mist and a good mix for combustion. Also, Harris makes the flash back plugs for O2/acetelyne torches. If diesel is used, it would need a space for proper fuel/O2 mix prior to ignition. Jets also use exciters to power the ignitor plugs. Maybe a chargable coil wired to a ignitor? May have to put a diode inline to keep from smoke checking the system. Not sure, but the wheels are turning in my head.

MechWarrior....I see this being mounted with the "others" on my project.

Here is a site I came across and has stuff I haven't seen in years ie paladine press stuff. Not sure how accurate some of the items are. Also the flame thrower book, the guy in the pic I recognize from years ago. He also made a steam powered rocket tricycle and a hovercraft with a bicycle frame as the riding position and controls: http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/

View drewgun's Profile Search for other posts by drewgun

<< Prev Topic Home Build Projects Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 7
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version