Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 23 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 23

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 23 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (58):

who has built a cz 26
Weaponeer Forums : CZ 26

Posted in CZ 26
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:31pm | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

looking for advice on building a cz 26 cant find any build information. Please do not jack this thread with warnings about receiver pieces.
Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View ObiWanBonJovi's Profile Search for other posts by ObiWanBonJovi

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:49pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

I haven't seen any completed builds. I have a kit I plan on building later on, I have a few others in process so I don't want to start another. If you want to start on a build I would be more than willing to bounce around some ideas
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:56am | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

as soon as I get my 2 kits next week I'll start playing with it just curious as to whether anyone had done one yet.

uofmguy68

1SGT
1SGT

Posted: May 31 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote uofmguy68

PBB had a approved cz26 but he sold the rights to it i believe.... shure would wish whoever has the rights to it would atleast sell the Semi mids as plans or parts...

iv also read that pirate might be looking into using the cz26 FCG for a semi build of the uk59 i really dont know to much about the cz26 but i am looking for info....

who has 80% receivers in stock with a reduced ID?

prexis has original id receivers... so one could use a blocking bar

Bad Reading x 1
View uofmguy68's Profile Search for other posts by uofmguy68

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 06 2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote nacht

I have been thinking about it for some time.

My thoughts on building a semi-auto: 

Drilling bolt for firing pin - fill the ejector hole/slot tightly with a metal rod so drill bit will not "wonder" into the hole while drilling.

Ejector - replace rod ejector with a vertical ejector just to the rear of magazine housing with top of ejector fitting into the ejector hole/slot.

Use a M-1 Carbine trigger and sear, and possible M-1 Carbine hammer in homemade FCG housing at rear of magazine housing.  It may be necessary to home make a hammer.

Wood Stock - install wood stock (minus attaching metal) with two screws directly into bottom of receiver behind FCG housing.

FA Bolt block - install large metal pin at rear of barrel trunnion, this will prevent an un-modifies FA bolt from fully seating in the receiver.

SA Bolt - cut away portion of from SA bolt to clear FA block pin.

Receiver tube - use 1 3/8" O.D. x 1.38" I.D. 4130 chromoly tubing.  This tube I.D. will require minor reduction of bolt O.D. for operation.

Barrel - extend length of barrel to 16 1/8" or more using tubing welded on.

These are thoughts I have come up with over some time.  I hope they help.

View nacht's Profile Search for other posts by nacht

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 07 2008 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

I have built several...on paper.

Sorry to you all for not being able to get a design worked out.

If you look way back 2004 for my post on submitting my paper (drawings) concept to ATF, they were not very nice about my tube gun. So I've left it be until I could come up with an always ATF happy design.

The CFS kit recall thing didn't help us either.

I have more simplified design for the Sa 26 than the one I submitted to ATF.

My plan was to use the prexis reduced tube, the end cap interupt is already machined and the FA bolt won't fit (ATF Happy). Note: do not have an unmodified kit with an original I.D. tube. I think that was ATF's problem with my design, not the design itself.

Hard part will be the bolt machining, firing pin hole drilled or sloted, feed lips removed, sear notch removed, and then bolt turned down.

Know that I have considered just about every trigger mech for this, just not alot of room without drastically changing the look and function of the firearm.

Hopefully I can uncover the lathe & mill in the garage and get back to my projects. Wifey got me a new Lincoln welder so I'm another tool ahead.

I just need a prexis tube and some time.

Hey, If someone would buy my G3 kit on gunbroker I'd be able to afford a tube.

Hopefully we will have a CZ build thread soon, I have dedicated myself to making 3 of these as nice rifles for my Czech collection.

W.O.

View wonderful_one's Profile Search for other posts by wonderful_one

rock11he91p

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: June 07 2008 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote rock11he91p

Who has cz-26 kits for sale? What about barrels?
Funny x 1
View rock11he91p's Profile Search for other posts by rock11he91p

ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 08 2008 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

I couldn't find any for sale post a wtb and someone will sell you one. I plan on building pistols with mine michigan is a no sbr state and don't think they would look right with 16" barrel.

AVMAN

SSG
SSG

Posted: June 08 2008 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote AVMAN

I have some extra barrels.  What is the going rate for these?
View AVMAN's Profile Search for other posts by AVMAN

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 08 2008 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

classthreesupply had some kits without barrels for around $126.

A guy on sturmgewehr board has a 4-kit lot for $750 or so.

as for barrels, $25-$70 would seem fair for those who need them. With 30 cal barrel blanks available and a simple way to get 16inch bbl without an extension.

Special note on the CZ SMG: the barrels are short chambered pre-ignition type for open bolt, slamfire operation. On a semiauto it will need to reemed a bit deeper to be safe.

The CZ was also designed so when the bolt is closed on an empty chamber the charging lever drops in a notch at the front slot locking the bolt closed. This was used as a drop safety like the uzi ratcheting top cover. This feture would not be used in a semiauto design.

I just wish the kits were $79 or even $110 I paid long ago.

Also what happened to all the allowable remainders of the kit CFS had?

Just would seem it logical that they could have easily cut out the remaining tube parts from the kits and sell the rest.

Funny x 1

nacht

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 09 2008 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote nacht

The CZ-24 looks pretty good with a 16 inch barrel.  I length the barrel on mine, and laid the parts out as per a completed carbine, and I liked the way it looked.

I have looked for a 7.62 x 25 chambering reamer, and I can't find one.  Any help?

Disagree x 1
View nacht's Profile Search for other posts by nacht

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 09 2008 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

The chamber reamer will have to be a special order "wildcat" from Clymer,$155. Maybe someone else has a better source.

While one could getway with the short chamber for proofing the semi design, the risk of firing hot surplus ammo with an unsupported section of brass & no feed lips at the breach face still warrants long chambering the final design.

I agree the 16 inch barrel won't look that bad on the CZ unlike the long barrels on stens & HK94s that need a fake can to look decent.

I thought about a long Cutts type compensator like the VZ58 or some kind of slant/shoe horn brake like the Polish P63 SMG. You can be lazy an use a AR XM177 type also. You just have to choose if you want the BBL bushing removable when done so extension O.D. is a factor.

gunguyr

COL
COL

Posted: June 09 2008 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote gunguyr

nacht wrote:

The CZ-24 looks pretty good with a 16 inch barrel.  I length the barrel on mine, and laid the parts out as per a completed carbine, and I liked the way it looked.

I have looked for a 7.62 x 25 chambering reamer, and I can't find one.  Any help?

We just had a group buy on chambered 7.63x25 barrels,, I think there will be another.

BP #8 September 11, 12 2010

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
but the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
View gunguyr's Profile Search for other posts by gunguyr

ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 12 2008 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

been tossing around some ideas in my head but I was wondering how reduced are reduced Id tubes usually I haven't built any tube guns before and I'm hoping its only a few thousandths smaller. If its too much smaller bolt guide rails will have to be relocated.

ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 12 2008 at 6:30pm | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

also with the quick detatch barrels I would reccommend everyone build it as a pistol first but already have a 16" barrel ready to go before its built. That way you can have stock attatching hardware for your carbine kit and can switch it back and forth. If you build as a rifle first you cant make it a pistol, and if you dont have 16" barrel for it you can't build it as a pistol first without removing stock block

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 13 2008 at 9:26pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

The big issue with the reduced I.D. tube will be the return spring clearance. Broaching a path for the spring and rod could be a solution if the ID is too small for clearance. As for guide Rail "dents", not really an issue since those will be pressed in or peices brazed in at the end of the build. Also the charging lever will act as a bolt guide to a certain extent.

The pistol build would be a consideration just for 922r compliance. just braze a block in the stock mount (before assembly) with an extra sling point at the back.

If you have an original barrel a muzzel extention/brake will be the least amount of work. If you have a spare, unmodified barrel (or a pistol build to go with the rifle) just add another barrel index stud brazed into the bottom of the trunnion. Thus the rifle barrel will have a notch at the bottom and the SMG/pistol barrel will not fit.

I would avoid the whole pistol to rifle and back thing, build one or the other from the start. Even though it is legal, these are home builds and as with even the best documentation you have the burden of proof and that grey area of constructive posession & intent.

Why does your pistol have a stock? Why does you rifle have a short barrel? So YOU made this?

Not the hassle anyone needs.

Consider making an SBR may be the ultimate, but costly solution to avoid any problems.

W.O.

ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 14 2008 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

Well after mulling it over I have decided to go with original id tube wiith a block running down bottom of receiver that would require you to remove sear surface from bolt. I have a nice striker fired design for it worked out that wont require too much fabrication and would allow for normal disassembly. I would like to make a shock buff for it though, as I will be reducing rearward travel some to make room for striker spring. Anyone got any ideas on where to get some good urethane I could cut into a buffer that will fit? I am going to devote some time to this and make it work soon but I have the general design worked out and it should work nicely.

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 14 2008 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

I was looking for buffer material also, mainly for room of the striker spring.

I know walmart used to carry some cut an stick stuff for table legs, but it wasn't very thick.

I thought about finding some hockey pucks on the cheap, lots of uses for those besides the cz kit.

A little warning on using an original I.D. tube, you must make your semi mods before you have a tube. This is why, I believe, ATF freaked out on me when I submitted my design. A original I.D. tube and MG kit is considered constructive posession. Originally more of a "case law" way of going after vendors selling kits at gunshows while there brother a table over was selling tubes. They put in the tube/kit as a violation in the ATF NFA guide that was published a year ago or so.

I saw prexis raised the price on the smaller I.D. tube, but another vender is making an original I.D. tube with cap cuts and charging handle slot for a bit less. I thought about seeing if they would make a custom run of reduced I.D. tubes or tubes with a block welded in. A group buy from prexis or another vendor may be in warranted to make this affordable.

Good to see that others have worked out some of the same ideas I have pondered. Heck I first examined a CZ24 kit 1999, wasn't until 2004 I submitted the design drawings to ATF. But having ATF call me at home kinda soured the desire to continue without a revised design.

Anyone willing to donate me a prexis reduced tube so I can get started?

I'd machine my own, but I don't have a tool post grinder to get those end cap cuts done right.

ObiWanBonJovi

SFC
SFC

Posted: June 14 2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote ObiWanBonJovi

who is making the other tube besides prexis? I would also like to see a group buy on some but I think the original id with a block welded in first would be the way to go. If we could get prexis or this other guy to weld the blocks in before shipping for a small fee that would be the way to go. or just machine sear off bolt before ordereing, either way should be good. I just dont see how a reduced id would work well with the recoil spring trying to mill a groove for spring would suck.

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: June 14 2008 at 3:47pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

indinapolis ordnance is the other vendor, they make some semi kits and tubes for stens and others tube guns, but only an original I.D. tube for the CZ. Having them weld in a block or a sleave maybe a cheap way to go. With a reduced I.d. sleave welded in from the back of the trunnion to the front of the magwell would work real well. The could also have a gap in the sleave to clear the guide spring and rod. Just skip gring the front ring on the bolt for fit.

As for the reduced I.D. tube like the prexis. First question is how much is the tube reduced? With the guide spring & rod retained as part of the bolt you can only grind the bolt down so far. As for the tube itself, broaching a small channel shouldn't be to difficult. Something like a ground down chainsaw file to fith the slot in the bolt. Hammer back and forth a few times (with the charging lever as a guide) shim and adjust, wallah clearance. Shouldn't take much, just depends on how narrow the reduced I.D. actually is.

Can ya tell I've been thinking on this.

The interupted sleave idea is starting to sound even better as ponder it in my head.

Weather group buys or custom orders, anyone can ask, but only those with cash get answers. That is the only thing holding me back any more on this project. No fundage right now for any of my projects.

<< Prev Topic CZ 26 Next Topic >>

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version