Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 23 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Walther Handguns

Taurus Handguns

Springfield Armory Handguns

Smith & Wesson Handguns

Sig Sauer Handguns

Ruger Revolvers

Kel Tec Handguns

Ruger Handguns

Glock Handguns

FN Handguns

CZ Handguns

EAA Corp

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Saiga Shotgun

Ammunition

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 23

We have 0 member(s), 7 spiders, 23 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (48):

ZB39 parts kits
Weaponeer Forums : Completed group buys

Posted in Completed group buys
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Zb-39 parts kit.
Very good to excellent condition.
Rare variation of the Zb series of firearms. Made for Bulgaria in very small numbers.
Caliber 8x56R though receiver is dimensionally identical to the Bren, made with much better fit and finish and some unique features.
Stock is slotted behind the receiver for anti-aircraft site, unique forward swivel, unique site arangement.
This kit is a good candidate for a semi project using a demilled Bren receiver as you can shoot three different calibers. With the bolt and magazines you can shoot 8x56R and 7.62x54, a Bren gun barrel can be rechambered for 7.62x54. A Bren bolt and barrel and you can shoot .303. Gun comes complete with all parts less receiver, although aproximately six inches of the front receiver are included with the unique swivel assembly.
This package comes with a very desirable spare barrel (without flash hider) and an two extra magazines. $115. of accessories free!
ONLY 20 AVAILABLE
Group Buy Price $395 (plus shipping)
OPTIONS WITH PURCHASE:
Extra spare barrel $65.
Spare magazines $17. 10 for $130.
Mag pouch holds two mags. $7.
Wood Transit chest $60.
Multi purpose tool $39.
To confirm for this group buy use the link below:

Payment options:
Money Order / Certified Check
Sorry, no small children, or body organs in trade.

Edited by zedsdead
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

To build a ZB39 as a semi-auto:

Obtain a cut BREN MKI receiver, and convert it the same as the BREN semi-conversions.

You can also use a BREN MKII receiver, but it will not look like the original ZB39.

To upgrade your BREN semi-auto

The parts from the ZB-39 can be used to upgrade your BREN semi-auto (very nice wood), and will allow you to convert your BREN into 8x56R (as well as the original .303)

Convert your BREN into a three caliber weapon

If you received a spare barrel for your BREN..  you can have the chamber reamed for 7.62x54R.  You have to use the ZB-39 Bolt and extractor, and the ZB39 magazines.

You than have the option of shooting .303 in your BREN, or quick change the barrel to either 8x56R or 7.62x54R converted barrel (and drop in the Zb-39 bolt) and you can shoot ultra cheap 7.62x54R using the ZB39 magazines.

Note: the ZB39 magazines fit the BREN

So why buy a Zb39 parts kit?

You get fantasic replacement wood, several more mags and two 8x56R barrels to dress up your BREN and have the ability to shoot three calibers.

Or you can build a ZB39 in 8x56R as a semi using the same conversion as the BREN.

The ammo savings from not having to buy surplus .303 ammo to shoot your BREN would likely pay for the kit.  7.62x54R ammo is CHEAP is good quality ammo.  in fact it's about as cheap as the 8mm surplus that is drying up.

Using Jumanras Approved BREN conversion

I have talked to Dennis and he is willing to allow me to run some group buys on his jigs and semi-auto parts this Fall.

BREN/ZB39 internal machining

We are running group buys right now for the machining work

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

xmarinevet

2LT
2LT

Posted: August 05 2005 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote xmarinevet

let me count my beans

Guests

Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: August 05 2005 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Confirmed for (1)

Any source for the Bren MK-I cut receiver's??????

View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests

Tank Commander

SM
SM

Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote Tank Commander

I knew I should have bought one of those $100 BREN kits when I had the chance...hatin' life, I am.

Hawkeye Mole

CSM
CSM

Posted: August 06 2005 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote Hawkeye Mole

My ZB39 kit showed up today.  All of the metal looks like new, with a great looking dark blued finish.  The wood is probaby 85%+, nothing a strip and rework wouldn't take care of.  I did not get the front 6" piece of the receiver with my kit.  I also got 4 mags, and they are new/unisued condition.  This kit is in the best shape of any I have previously purchased other than the Polish unisued breakdown kits.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 06 2005 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Hawkeye Mole wrote:
My ZB39 kit showed up today.  All of the metal looks like new, with a great looking dark blued finish.  The wood is probaby 85%+, nothing a strip and rework wouldn't take care of.  I did not get the front 6" piece of the receiver with my kit.  I also got 4 mags, and they are new/unisued condition.  This kit is in the best shape of any I have previously purchased other than the Polish unisued breakdown kits.

Any chance of you posting a few photos?

Hawkeye Mole

CSM
CSM

Posted: August 06 2005 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote Hawkeye Mole

As soon as my ho realtor gets off her can and gives me back the digital camera I left in her car I will do so.

Guests

Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: August 07 2005 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Will the Bren MK-II barrel work???

(I do not know if there is any difference between the MK-I and MK-II barrels.)

Also..... Any luck in finding a source for demilled MK-I receivers?

Thanks

Hawkeye Mole

CSM
CSM

Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Hawkeye Mole

I've been looking, haven't found anything.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The Bren Mk 1 was introduced in 1938; it was an almost direct copy of the ZB-26, and had some of the fanciest sights ever put on a machinegun. The weapon had a sling for use when firing from the hip, and a pistol grip under the butt, also for firing from the hip.

The Bren Mk 2 changed the rear sight to a conventional folding leaf sight, and changed the adjustable bipod to a fixed-height bipod. The butt was simplified, the cocking handle was fixed instead of folding, and various steps were made to simplify manufacture of the weapon.

The Mark 3 is a Mark 1 with a shorter and lighter barrel; the Mark 4 is a Mark 2 with the same barrel. They were both intended for jungle warfare, but came to be issued in all theaters of World War 2.

The Mark 2/1 is a Mark 2 with a further simplified cocking mechanism.

models L4A3, L4A4 and L4A6 had crome lined barrels, All other guns were issued with non-lined barrels.

The MKI and MKII barrels are interchangable (and well as the ZB39).

So far no luck in finding BREN MK1 Demiled receivers.

There is a NEW made BREN semi receiver made by Historic Arms (CNC)

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:34pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

It should be noted that the BREN receiver (MKI and MKII) are basically interchangable.  The MKI has the fancy drum rear sight and folding cocking handle.

Interordnance still has MKII 3 cut kits (missing small parts, and butt plate) for $129.95   I think this is pretty much the last of the BREN kits on the market.

You can use the front 6 inches of the ZB39 receiver, and graft that to the MKII receiver for the fancy sling mount used on the ZB.  But your not going to get the MKI fancy rear sight unless you find someone with a BREN MKI kit for sale.

IMA has both the MKI and MKII barrels for sale (about $50 depending on model)

Chamber reaming a .303 barrel to 7.62x56R will cost about $50 plus shipping according to my sources.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I plan on getting the Zb39 kit to have the nice MKI style wood for my BREN.

I'll then have the ZB39 internals modified for semi-auto, and one of my BREN 303 barrels converted so I can shoot all three calibers.

The BREN is known as a very accurate rifle, so it should be interesting..

acarlg

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: August 08 2005 at 6:04pm | IP Logged Quote acarlg

Weaponeer

IMA has both the MKI and MKII barrels for sale (about $50 depending on model)

Chamber reaming a .303 barrel to 7.62x56R will cost about $50 plus shipping according to my sources.

[/QUOTE wrote:

I've got some stripped Mk I barrels for $30 plus shipping.

I've got some stripped Mk I barrels for $30 plus shipping.
View acarlg's Profile Search for other posts by acarlg

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 08 2005 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I did locate a couple BREN MKI Receivers

Guests

Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Where?

How Much?

Thanks

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:13pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

jestism wrote:

Where?

How Much?

Thanks

PM Sent

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:37pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

The confirmed list so far is:

jestism - 1

ppsh41 - 1

PartsKitSlut

SSG
SSG

Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote PartsKitSlut

Gary I might be interested in the ZB39 GB, depending on a receiver.  Do you have any extra receivers available?  If so, how much?

Edited by PartsKitSlut
View PartsKitSlut's Profile Search for other posts by PartsKitSlut

xmarinevet

2LT
2LT

Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote xmarinevet

Weaponeer wrote:
I did locate a couple BREN MKI Receivers

let me know.  i could use 2.

<< Prev Topic Completed group buys Next Topic >>

Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version